EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 06-27-2007, 12:08 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unrest
Default Inventory Window Question

I just installed Profitui and was used to hitting the "i" button to bring up my paperdoll to view my eq but this does not work. Is there a button or another way to do this I have overlooked?

Thanks!
Unread 06-27-2007, 02:23 PM
A Crazed Gnoll
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

Have you tried messing around with the "Window Settings"? By switching the display from Frame Only to Frame and Title Bar as well as None changes the layout and look of several windows within Profit as well as other UI mods. I am at work currently so I can not tell you which one displays the paperdoll but I know one of them does. I hope this helps.
Unread 06-27-2007, 05:09 PM
A Brown Bear

I looked at "windows" options under EQ2's options but I did not see what you were referring to. The only hotbutton that does not work is my "i" button. When I attempt to open my paperdoll using the "i" command i can hear the sound but see no window.

I am however able to open a paperdoll by selecting my name in the main window but it is non functional and appewars as if I am inspecting someone.

I stubled across this because I wanted to add an adornment to one of my armor peices and discovered I cannot add nor can I remove any items I have equiped.

I'm hoping I explained it wrong initially and there is a button somewhere else I have not discovered yet although when all the other hotkeys work I wonder why this one does not.
Unread 06-27-2007, 05:18 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Nektulos

Sorry maybe my reply was a little fuzzy, the Window Setting I was talking about are the options you get when right clicking the opened Inventory Window then selecting Window Settings.
Unread 06-27-2007, 06:32 PM
A Brown Bear

Well my problem is I can't open the inventory window. All that happens is I hear the paper rustling sound...no window opens.
Unread 06-27-2007, 07:34 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Lucan DLere

My guess is that it's opening but it's off the edge of your screen. Look in the Options window under User Interface for something like Allow Windows Off Screen. Uncheck that box and try pressing the I key again.

Also, maybe try pressing F10 once which shows every window that is onscreen, without transparency. Press F10 a couple more times to go back to normal.
Unread 06-28-2007, 07:42 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

I'm thinking along the same lines as Othesus, in addition to it possibly being a transparency/opacity settings (which are controlled via the Window Settings that Zyther was referring to. Try cycling through the F10 displays like Othesus mentioned then pull up the window settings of the inventory window and check the trans/opac settings (assuming, of course, you'll be able to even see the inv window when doing the "F10 Shuffle"

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 06-28-2007, 05:05 PM
A Brown Bear

I tired all the suggestions posted here and all of them made sense to me. I spoke with someone ingame and they suggested I tried either reinstalling or overwriting a couple of files to ensure they were not corrupt.

So I over wrote these 2 files using the default files from the Ui directory from eq2:

eq2ui_inventory_inventory
eq2ui_inventory_bag

I have no idea which of the files corrected the problem but after rewriting and rebooting EQ2 Profit worked flawlessly and my Inventory window opened just fine.

Now I'm enjoying this UI and cannot believe I waited sooo long to try it out! And my chac is happy now that he can eat and drink! LOL!

Thanks for the responses it's good to know there's a responsive community out there that supports the non techie types like me!
Unread 06-28-2007, 05:33 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Glad it's working now. However, if you copied the files from the \Default folder that means that you now have the default versions for those files instead of the ProfitUI versions. Nothing wrong with that of course, just pointing it out.