EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread
Unread 10-16-2007, 10:14 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Effect on top instead of at bottom of target windows

Dled 4.0 looks awesome, another winner. 1 problem tho effects on target window are above not below the targets name.
Unread 10-17-2007, 02:06 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Hmm, can't reproduce that, maybe backup your uisettings and load the default uisettings to see if it helps.
Unread 10-17-2007, 02:13 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Najena

Happening to me as well. I've attached a SS to show what it's talking about.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000006.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	240.2 KB
ID:	6029  
Unread 10-17-2007, 02:45 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Oh noes... thanks for the screenshot. I guess I'll have to try it on your server tonight. You know what's worst? I didn't even change the code of that window... I assume it's also happening for the implied target?
Unread 10-17-2007, 04:10 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Nope. Only on target.
Unread 10-17-2007, 04:26 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

OK, I think I fixed it. I had to change the window from con_1 to con_o and back (or was it the opposite?) When I did it, it changed the way the window was to move the buffs to the bottom. That's prob. why you couldn't replicate it.
Unread 10-17-2007, 04:43 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Ah thanks a lot for that info, I did indeed not try that. Should hopefully be able to reproduce and fix it then.
Unread 10-17-2007, 05:34 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I have the same problem could you explain how you fixed it? I'm a UI newb when it comes to EQ2.
Unread 10-17-2007, 05:35 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

If you move over the titlebar of the target window there is a button. Click it twice.
Unread 10-17-2007, 05:36 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

There's a little box in the top left corner of the window you need to click (it's a hidden box)
Unread 10-17-2007, 01:36 PM
A Coastal Crab
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

i tried the changing con but that didnt help any other ideas?
Unread 10-17-2007, 02:03 PM
A Grove Wisp

This is somewhat on the same target but instead of the buffs going on in the target window, it's the little maintained buffs window that shows procs and such. Or did before lastest update.. Anyway, why are more recent buffs at the TOP instead of at the bottom? For me to get them to show I had to move the window down my screen, since it's between my journal ( top right ) and target windows ( Top middle ).

If needed I can post a screenie.
Unread 10-17-2007, 02:20 PM
A Sea Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman86 View Post
There's a little box in the top left corner of the window you need to click (it's a hidden box)

This worked for me, cheers.
Unread 10-17-2007, 02:21 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krymsin View Post
This is somewhat on the same target but instead of the buffs going on in the target window, it's the little maintained buffs window that shows procs and such. Or did before lastest update.. Anyway, why are more recent buffs at the TOP instead of at the bottom? For me to get them to show I had to move the window down my screen, since it's between my journal ( top right ) and target windows ( Top middle ).

That's an SOE change. See this thread:
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/p...84878&#4356470

I had posted in that thread that it would be more logical to put recent effects at the bottom but it's pretty common to have more than 30 effects, so you wouldn't even see the recent ones.

Visit Othesus World!

Last edited by Othesus : 10-17-2007 at 02:39 PM.
Unread 10-17-2007, 02:26 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

No Othesus, this thread is about a bug in the UI that I have no idea where it came from. Found it, fix will be available soon.
Unread 10-17-2007, 02:45 PM
A Grove Wisp

Well I think me and him are on the same page, so I may have thought it was a UI problem when infact it was changed by SOE.. But either way, I can see all of my buffs when they were displayed the way they were before and even a few debuffs.. I suppose it doesn't matter now since I'll just replace the window with the new one they added I guess..
Unread 10-17-2007, 03:21 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Oh sorry, had missed your post in here. Getting confused now, what window are we talking about? If it's the effects window, I changed the sort order of that one.
Unread 10-17-2007, 03:34 PM
A Grove Wisp

That may be it, I might need reupdate again.. But it's the mini maintained buff window that shows procs and DoTs. I'll put up the same screenie I put in another post I made earlier with bugged skins. Look at the window next to the Journal in the top right corner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000014.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	218.0 KB
ID:	6041  
Unread 10-17-2007, 04:25 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Yes that was me, not SOE. I thought it was convenient to change the order since beneficial effects now fill from the bottom of the window upwards and detrimental go the other way. If that's an issue I'll just add optional versions for both windows that sort the other way around, no big deal.
Unread 10-17-2007, 05:42 PM
A Grove Wisp

Yeah that'd be great, thanks man. I look at the window A LOT, and I have a slight OCD tick about it when it scales up instead of down lawl.

May be the only person like that, but I'll keep a watch for an update over it. Thanks a lot ^_^
Unread 10-17-2007, 05:59 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

uploading at this moment
Unread 10-17-2007, 06:30 PM
A Grove Wisp

Woot! Updated my UI, and got it fixed the way I wanted it! Thanks a lot man, I can now breath easily while I play, without having to glare at my buffs and procs.

Only thing I'm curious about now is the actual maintained buff window but I think that's SoE's fault.. When you mouse over it, it tells you what spell was there instead of what is there now.. Noticed on my Coercer who's buff window was always changing because he had Perpetuality always procing, but when I moused over his hate decreasing buff, it showed Veil of the Unseen, which wasn't even there anymore.

Last edited by Krymsin : 10-17-2007 at 06:32 PM.
Unread 10-18-2007, 02:14 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

yes, the tooltips are SOE's doing, funny bug though, do /bug it.
Closed Thread