EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 03-11-2008, 12:54 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default G15 Idea/ and or Want to know about G15

First and primary thing is i would like to know if you could have things like skills show up on the G15 like slash/crush/pierce or forresting/gathering and so on.

the second is were can i find info on making UI mods for the G15
Unread 03-11-2008, 01:22 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Anything thats in the eq2ui_gamedata.xml you can use.

There isnt a guide but you can use the default file as an example... eq2ui_mainhud_g15.xml
(notice how everything is broken up into pages...)
Unread 03-11-2008, 04:59 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

well i am now convinced i dont know half as much as i thought i did. i got the Haste for the g15 to change to slashing mit but could not find any way to change to slashing stat, wich was the orginal intention.
Unread 03-11-2008, 11:01 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Mmm I don't think theres gamedata for skills, so you probably won't be able to have slashing on the G15.
Unread 03-11-2008, 06:31 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

oh that is to bad well i guess i will have to stick with opening the skills tab when i want to see what they are. i was hoping for a lazy well ty for the post
Unread 03-11-2008, 08:03 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Look in the eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml file you'll see a lot of the gamedata there. Lower/Upper harvest skills factions etc. Including your slash skills. I am currently displaying the Harvesting skill on my G15

Yes there is gamedata for these since its displayed in the persona page.
Unread 03-11-2008, 11:23 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eowaubeth View Post
Look in the eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml file you'll see a lot of the gamedata there. Lower/Upper harvest skills factions etc. Including your slash skills. I am currently displaying the Harvesting skill on my G15

Yes there is gamedata for these since its displayed in the persona page.
Ahh, I didn't know that. And there is not always gamedata just because something is displayed... as I recall the skill page uses a template which means it does not necessarily have to give gamedata since the game is coded to automatically fill it out with what skills you have.
Unread 03-12-2008, 12:25 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
Ahh, I didn't know that. And there is not always gamedata just because something is displayed... as I recall the skill page uses a template which means it does not necessarily have to give gamedata since the game is coded to automatically fill it out with what skills you have.
Just looked through the persona file and each place data was displayed showed a relevant Gamedata fiield. Didn't check 100 percent but I am sure the gamedata.xml shows all game data for the game as well.

G15 patch notes did state whatever could be displayed in game windows can be displayed on the G15 as well. Just tinkering with it atm so won't know until I do something really major like mess it up :P
Unread 03-12-2008, 03:34 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
I am currently displaying the Harvesting skill on my G15
Why not post your file then to teach us how to do it?

Until that happens I'm with lordebon on this one, as far as I can see there is currently no dynamic data for skills. I may be too inexperienced but I can't find it being used in the persona window either, the xml I have only has a hardcoded composite that gets filled with data by the server.
Unread 03-12-2008, 08:28 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Yeah, its definately not in gamedata.xml -- the only reference to "slash" there is the slashing mitigaton, and I can't even find the word "slash" in the persona window, so I'm very curious as to where you found it hehe =)
Unread 03-12-2008, 11:38 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
Yeah, its definately not in gamedata.xml -- the only reference to "slash" there is the slashing mitigaton, and I can't even find the word "slash" in the persona window, so I'm very curious as to where you found it hehe =)
LOL yep it was the darn mit being displayed. Arg SoE give us other data for the G15 guess it also doesn't help following a string in a file thinking I am getting the right data from the game.

Last edited by Papabard : 03-12-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Unread 03-12-2008, 11:59 AM
A Griffon

I would like to see experienced modders doing something with the g15 though. I myself am totally dumb (noob) to modding and just fiddle with things in Notepad++ while trying to learn what I am doing.
Unread 03-12-2008, 12:01 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
I am currently displaying the Harvesting skill on my G15
You did not respond to this one though, did you really get that to work or did you make that up?
Unread 03-12-2008, 12:27 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
You did not respond to this one though, did you really get that to work or did you make that up?
So basically we gotta point out some noobs inaccuarte post and make them feel crappy that what they were displaying wasnt what they thought it was?

No its not the correct data. I followed a string I thought was correct but when I started checking it against skill ups found it wasn't.
Unread 03-12-2008, 12:40 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

No, since harvesting is something else entirely than the mitigation numbers I thought you might have discovered something and wanted to make sure. Don't worry, I once thought I discovered two decimal XP numbers although in reality I just misinterpreted how the rounding was working. That is to say we all have our stupid moments, myself included.
Unread 03-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Don't get upset, we were just thinking that there may have been something we'd overlooked or missed or that perhaps was an undocumented 'feature'. We're not trying to make anyone feel crappy, we were trying to see if there actually was a way to do that as then it could be incorporated into other mods.

I have inaccurate stuff all the time... when you realize its not what you thought it was you just have to go onward and file the info away to remember for next time.
Unread 03-12-2008, 01:02 PM
A Griffon

hehe yeah I have lots of inaccuate info remember I'm the guy who still has a non functioning Market window (right click to get into search box) and Item Effects seller etc all non selectable... because god knows why but I sure don't and that I mix and matched other things. I'll fix it some time or another but it baffles me.