From the window's own introductory text:
----- BEGIN QUOTE -----
Welcome to the Milquetowst Info Center, your one-stop in-game EQ2 reference window! Here's what you'll find under the various tabs....
(1) "Misc": Links to useful Web sites, a basic hunting guide, lists of classes, character traits, racial traditions and languages, a breakdown of faction levels, an overview of religion in Norrath, an explanation of heroic opportunities, a list of available mounts (mostly horses), "Game Update" patch notes, the famous "Things I Wish I'd Known Earlier" message from the official EQ2 forums (now completely updated), and finally, a guide to optimizing the game's graphics settings.
(2) "Spells": A complete list of spells and combat arts for every class, along with a list of the "fun" spells available to members of each class.
(3) "Writs": Breakdowns by city and tier of available writs (a.k.a. city tasks), notes about status items, and a list of city faction rewards. (The latter list also appears under the "Houses" tab, since many of the rewards are house items.)
(4) "Quests": An overview of lore and legend quests (a.k.a. creature mastery quests), lists of heritage, signature and access quests, and detailed information about the collection quests available throughout Norrath. (Walk-thrus for some heritage, signature and other important quests can be found here, as well, though in general, for walk-thrus, you're better of consulting Allakhazam's Web site or eq2i.com.)
(5) "Harvest": Complete lists of the items which can be harvested from various zones, as well as an overview of which artisan classes have a use for the various types of harvested material.
(6) "Cookbook": An overview of how food and drink work in Norrath, and complete lists of all provisioner recipes. And for non-provisioners, there's also a handy list of food and drink items with the maximum possible (five-hour) duration.
(7) "Alchemy": Extensive information about potions and poisons.
(8) "Houses": A list of housing prices, a list of furniture items that can help to significantly reduce the status cost of your home, a list of placeable books, a list of house items you can obtain by completing newbie racial quests, some notes about carnivorous houseplants, notes about consignment containers, and lists of guild status and city faction rewards (many of which are house items).
(9) "Socials": A list of all social commands (a.k.a. emotes) in the game, arranged according to which ones are voiced and/or animated. You can have your character perform an emote simply by clicking it on the list.
(10) "Notes": Whatever you want to have available for your own reference while you play, that isn't already included somewhere else, can be added here!
Obviously, no single person can compile the amount of information included in the Info Center single-handedly. I owe an incredible debt of gratitude to the many people and Web sites from which I've stolen -- er, "borrowed" -- information.
As well, of course, many thanks go to all those who are using the Info Center, without whose input it wouldn't be nearly as useful as it has become!
Inevitably, there will be errors and omissions in the data presented here. If you notice anything that needs to be corrected or updated, or think of anything that's not here that really ought to be, then by all means, let me know! You can post suggestions or comments to the "Milquetowst Info Center" forum thread at eq2interface.com, mail them in-game to either Rainbeau or Fayberry on the Permafrost server, or send them via real e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
And if you happen to have characters with too much money on the Permafrost server, feel free to send a plat or three to one of my characters!
----- END QUOTE -----
Installation is simple: Unzip the eq2ui_journals_infocenter.xml and eq2ui_journals.xml files, and the "infocenter" folder (with its various subfolders), into your custom UI folder.
(If you don't already have a custom UI folder, then you need to create one and tell the game to use it. Instructions for doing so can be found elsewhere on this site.)
Once you're in the game, you can call up the info center any time you like by typing "/show_window Journals.InfoCenter" (or by creating a macro to do it for you). It is also now possible to access the Info Center from the EQ2 button menu!
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you're upgrading from an earlier version of the Info Center, and have already customized some of the "Notes" files, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BACKUPS OF THOSE MODIFIED FILES BEFORE YOU INSTALL THE NEW VERSION!
RECENT VERSION HISTORY:
070425 - UPDATE - Tweaked a few files here and there, and updated the GU history page with GU 33 & 34 headlines. (No XML changes.)
070317 - UPDATE - Replaced the Allakhazam "quest by zone" button with a button leading to EQ2i.com's quest list, so both sites' quest walk-thrus are readily accessible. Added a list of signature quests to the "Quests" tab. Restored quest walk-thrus, which are now available through submenus of the "Quests" tab.
070311 - UPDATE - Created Web version of the Info Center (at http://awsd.com/infocenter/). Replaced "Newest Game Update" page with a direct link (through the game's browser window) to the current patch notes. Moved version history to a separate file.
070304 - UPDATE - Updated the L&L book locations list. Removed all quest walk-thrus, moved the heritage quest list and collection quest info to the "Quests" tab, and eliminated the "HQs" and "Collect" tabs. Added buttons to the top of the Info Center window to directly access Allakhazam's quest list by zone or by type, through the game's browser window.
070301 - UPDATE - Updated "Game Update" notes to GU32. Updated various text files with GU32 changes. Updated TIWIKE. Replaced "Credits" page with "Links" page. Added walk-thrus for several signature quests. Updated the "minimize" function so that the window retains its original size when minimized and restored, rather than returning to its default size.
(The full version history can be seen in the mod itself.)
Please post any comments, suggestions or questions on the appropriate forum thread, and not here. That way, I'll know as soon as I visit that new comments exist. Thanks!