EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 10-13-2005, 03:38 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

Actual custom presets mod was originally released by other authors as what I believe was a joint venture.
Looks like some fell away without pursuing it further, hence the different styles.

The overwrite "Auto Update" will overwrite if it's selected in he features section therefore...
The trick would be to select the feature just long enough to download it then deselect and make your changes. (Back them up in case you need to update and forget later)
MrNice (The AU programmer) is working on another option for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msalowit
Excellent, thanks... attachement unpacked nicely. Incidentally, what are the different "styles" used for? Different UI's?

Okay, so... (since I haven't tried them yet) I'll experiment with them, but if I wish to tweak more... (I know, I know, some people are never happy! hahaha) I presume I can do so without them getting overwritten.. seems to be the predominant theme of the threads (Good motto: "You nuke, we don't!")

Thanks for the early morning answers... I just love this UI. It makes it SOOOO much easier to play.

Tuatha
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 10-14-2005, 02:05 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Neriak

Strictly a cosmetic issue with your hotkey toolbars... there is no Hotbar 0 ... instead, there are 2 Hotbars labeled 1 ... the screenshots attached are at same time, simply showing my Hotbar 1, then my Hotbar 0 (which also displays as 1)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hotbar 1.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	3859  Click image for larger version

Name:	Hotbar 0.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	3860  
Unread 10-14-2005, 08:56 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Question Can't see the complete inventory

Hi,

many thanks for this UI, it works fine and is my favorite. But, in the inventory window, I cant' see my armor and weapons, what ist wrong or where can I find it?

Best Regards
Unread 10-14-2005, 10:19 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Press the top left button to show/hide main inventory items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CohenDerBarbar
Hi,

many thanks for this UI, it works fine and is my favorite. But, in the inventory window, I cant' see my armor and weapons, what ist wrong or where can I find it?

Best Regards
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 10-14-2005, 10:26 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

That's a 10 not a 0
Looks like a font/smooth font issue
I'll expand the size out for the number
Thanks and good eyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobara
Strictly a cosmetic issue with your hotkey toolbars... there is no Hotbar 0 ... instead, there are 2 Hotbars labeled 1 ... the screenshots attached are at same time, simply showing my Hotbar 1, then my Hotbar 0 (which also displays as 1)
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 10-14-2005, 10:45 AM
A Brown Bear

Default Love it but

I use a Statbar that I preffer It's the edited Insomnes Statbar, It lacks the Coins, But I use Moh's Coininfo for that, I'm kind of Hopeing I can get a What to delete or edit to remove the Statbar You use? Great Job By the way, Just had a few Changes, Now it's a LOT you, a little Others, But VERY Me
Unread 10-14-2005, 11:39 AM
A Coastal Crab

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNice
Ok Looks like Internet Explorer is having an hissy fit. The log window is really just a copy of old I.E. running inside of Auto Update. I use specal COM calls to insert (modify) the web page you are viewing. Evdiently your browser does not appreciate that. It must not trust the COM controls on your computer very much...which can actually happen.

Some things to do:

1 - Make sure your Windows XP is fully patched. Some changes to I.E. were screwing and needed more patching.

2 - Go into I.E. Select Tools | Options | and select the security tab.. Select the trusted sites icon and then press the "sites" button. Add http://localhost to your list of totally trusted sites. This means the browser will allow stuff like document changes when the host in your computer. You wouldn't spam yourself right?

3 - Make sure there is a c:\program files\thorui\logfile.html file on your machine. I ask the log file browser window to load that file and it's what tells the browser to display HTML correctly.

You are definiately not running a vanilla version of explorer (hence the windows controls have been overwritten - themed). You might try switching back to a standard XP install and see if you still get these issues. I personally won't use products like WindowBlinds, etc.. because they always seem to cause weird errors in the OS.
I have 2 systems that run Thorui. After a upgrade to the autoupdate version I was having the same problem. I copied the logfile.html from the working system to the one that wasen't and everything is fine now. When I inspected the 2 files I noticed that the one that didnt work had only 1 char per line (CR LF after every char)
Unread 10-14-2005, 01:51 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Everything is working with just one minor annoyance. Everytime when I get in game, I get a second in the uper right game window - what looks like a chat window. I only see it when I do a mouse. There is no tab on the window and when I right click the window - there is no tab to delete. I can not add it to the other chat window. I did your windows wizard twice and its still there. So everytimer I get in game I have to drag it off the screen as far as posibble.
Unread 10-14-2005, 07:02 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I tried this and it didn't do anything but fill in the circle. Also the slots look a little offset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
Press the top left button to show/hide main inventory items.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000000.png
Views:	214
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	3861  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000001.png
Views:	200
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	3862  
Unread 10-14-2005, 07:22 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Delete "eq2ui_inventory_inventory.xml" from the thorui folder and run the ThorUI AU again.
You must have a corrupt Inventory file.

The slots are indeed offset.
You will see why when it works...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engwar
I tried this and it didn't do anything but fill in the circle. Also the slots look a little offset.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 10-14-2005, 07:27 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Sounds like window placements file issue left over from a mod that added a window.
Using the window wizard should have overwritten your window placements file, resolving the issue.
Just make sure you have the window placement options selected or it will look like it's working but do nothing. (You need the master file in order to use it to overwrite others.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoen
Everything is working with just one minor annoyance. Everytime when I get in game, I get a second in the uper right game window - what looks like a chat window. I only see it when I do a mouse. There is no tab on the window and when I right click the window - there is no tab to delete. I can not add it to the other chat window. I did your windows wizard twice and its still there. So everytimer I get in game I have to drag it off the screen as far as posibble.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 10-14-2005, 07:36 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

I'm going to need a screen shot on this I think.
I wasn't aware I had a stat bar mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaNippers
I use a Statbar that I preffer It's the edited Insomnes Statbar, It lacks the Coins, But I use Moh's Coininfo for that, I'm kind of Hopeing I can get a What to delete or edit to remove the Statbar You use? Great Job By the way, Just had a few Changes, Now it's a LOT you, a little Others, But VERY Me
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 10-14-2005, 10:00 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
I'm going to need a screen shot on this I think.
I wasn't aware I had a stat bar mod.
Ok Here's The screen shot, but After what you said Maybe It's Something I added, Going to List what I DID add, lol

Added the following:

Mahonri's_Coin_Info
jaxel_skinned_startbutton
Tables II Statbar (Haked it out and Added to ThorUI)
SorakUI Casting Ball Small
Profit(KEN)eq2ui_mainhud_maintained

If it IS something that I added, Which Sounds Like heh
Maybe you can Help me? lol
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000034.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	3863  

Last edited by DaNippers : 10-14-2005 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Missnamed Statbar
Unread 10-14-2005, 10:40 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

hehe yeah, it's something you added.
Happy to help you where i can.
You want to just remove the extra or modify it?
If you want to remove it, it's probably listed in your "eq2ui_mainhud.xml" file
You can send it to me and I can look at it if needed.
Feel free to email me...

Quote:
Ok Here's The screen shot, but After what you said Maybe It's Something I added, Going to List what I DID add, lol

Added the following:

Mahonri's_Coin_Info
jaxel_skinned_startbutton
Tables II Statbar (Haked it out and Added to ThorUI)
SorakUI Casting Ball Small
Profit(KEN)eq2ui_mainhud_maintained

If it IS something that I added, Which Sounds Like heh
Maybe you can Help me? lol
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 10-15-2005, 11:38 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
hehe yeah, it's something you added.
Happy to help you where i can.
You want to just remove the extra or modify it?
If you want to remove it, it's probably listed in your "eq2ui_mainhud.xml" file
You can send it to me and I can look at it if needed.
Feel free to email me...
Sheez, Sheez Went to send to you're Yahoo and Got mailer Daimon, Going to upload It here if it'll let me I can be Mailed at [email protected] Or [email protected] lol
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud.xml (2.8 KB, 214 views)
Unread 10-15-2005, 01:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yep that fixed it thx man....Nice UI keep it up!

Quote:
Delete "eq2ui_inventory_inventory.xml" from the thorui folder and run the ThorUI AU again.
You must have a corrupt Inventory file.

The slots are indeed offset.
You will see why when it works...
Unread 10-15-2005, 03:33 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Gonna go ahead and post reply here as it may help others...
You have two statbars in your mainhud.xml along with with actual xml in your folder.

Code:

<include>eq2ui_mainhud_statbar.xml</include> 
<include>eq2ui_mainhud_mergedstatbar.xml</include>
Try removing one (from the mainhud.xml and the actual statbar.xml file in your folder) then log in and see if you guessed right.
If not replace and try the other.
Note: When adding xml that isn't normally included by SOE this can cause window placement file issues "especially when removing them", so you may need to set those back up by deleting what you have currently and letting the game assign replacments.
You could always use my window placments master files if you see one that's close to what you like.

Quote:
Sheez, Sheez Went to send to you're Yahoo and Got mailer Daimon, Going to upload It here if it'll let me I can be Mailed at [email protected] Or [email protected] lol
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 10-15-2005, 05:41 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Gonna go ahead and post reply here as it may help others...
You have two statbars in your mainhud.xml along with with actual xml in your folder.

Code:

<include>eq2ui_mainhud_statbar.xml</include> 
<include>eq2ui_mainhud_mergedstatbar.xml</include>
Try removing one (from the mainhud.xml and the actual statbar.xml file in your folder) then log in and see if you guessed right.
If not replace and try the other.
Note: When adding xml that isn't normally included by SOE this can cause window placement file issues "especially when removing them", so you may need to set those back up by deleting what you have currently and letting the game assign replacments.
You could always use my window placments master files if you see one that's close to what you like.
Can't be that, I added the Merged Last Night in A test to see if It was a Missing file From Tables II. I tried Looking to see If it was Other things I added Only thing I can think of left would be the Start Button which is Jaxel's But His download Didn't say anything about a Statbar, and I only added show Statbar and Coininfo To taht GOD I hate Knbowing enough to know I'm stumped lol
Unread 10-15-2005, 07:12 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Hi Folks...just popping in before heading out. Wanted to let everyone know I'm still working on the next update. Just been SUPER busy on a new contract (1-2 hour commute EACH way every day ) and the wife and I are now expecting a little one in about 7 more months....means I'm out roaming around for strawberry pancakes and onion rings at 11:30pm instead of finishing my coding.

God willing I'll have a new update out this weekend...please be patient with me if it's delayed one more week
Unread 10-15-2005, 07:20 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

hehe, well you could always take what you know you like then blow away the thorui, let it redownload, then add your mods.

Quote:
Can't be that, I added the Merged Last Night in A test to see if It was a Missing file From Tables II. I tried Looking to see If it was Other things I added Only thing I can think of left would be the Start Button which is Jaxel's But His download Didn't say anything about a Statbar, and I only added show Statbar and Coininfo To taht GOD I hate Knbowing enough to know I'm stumped lol
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 10-15-2005, 09:22 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
hehe, well you could always take what you know you like then blow away the thorui, let it redownload, then add your mods.
I Guess I could Try That Thanks For all the Help
Unread 10-15-2005, 10:56 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

OK if I missed this sorry. Installed fine and updated but when it tries to run after updating I get the following

<alert> C:\live\eq2\game\client\src\OptionsManger.cpp (1984)
The options definition file failed to load. This generally indicates that your patch was corrupted for some reason. Try a complete scan, and if that doesn't help then you may need to reinstall.

Ok I have uninstalled and deleted the UI folder for this and reinstalled all from scratch but getting the same error each time.

Any clues?
Unread 10-16-2005, 12:30 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Not sure how that could be UI related.
Last I remember seeing that message was from attempting to launch EQ2 in 16bit rather than 32bit graphics.

Did you remove thorui and verify you can log into EQ2 without issue?
Let me know.
I'll log in on my yahoo account and will be on a bit longer if you want to contact me. (Hate for you to not be able to play)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liliputt
OK if I missed this sorry. Installed fine and updated but when it tries to run after updating I get the following

<alert> C:\live\eq2\game\client\src\OptionsManger.cpp (1984)
The options definition file failed to load. This generally indicates that your patch was corrupted for some reason. Try a complete scan, and if that doesn't help then you may need to reinstall.

Ok I have uninstalled and deleted the UI folder for this and reinstalled all from scratch but getting the same error each time.

Any clues?
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 10-16-2005, 03:04 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yeah EQ2 played fine before and after installing the UI. I even did a reinstall of EQ2 incase it was a problem but still the same issue.

And yeah its in 32bit obviously I guess as it wouldnt run otherwise.

Sorta stumped here.
Unread 10-16-2005, 09:44 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Having a problem with my merchant windows. I can buy but cannot sell or mend. Is their a patch I am missing?