EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 03-06-2005, 06:37 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Interface switching

I am wondering if it is possible to use different interfaces on different characters. For example, I downloaded different components and customized on my own for my conjuror, but I just made a brawler alt and am wondering if I can use the new Tyejae interface. Is there a way I can have these two different interface packs without too much of a hassle each time I log in to the game?
Unread 03-06-2005, 06:42 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Once /loadui is fixed each charater will be able to have its own UI. I've heard its on the white board to get fixed soon. Lets hope.
Unread 03-06-2005, 08:31 AM
Steward of the Faithful
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE_Bobble
Drumstix42, it is on my whiteboard as a nagging reminder. I'll see if I can get it a higher priority (it is a crash bug afterall.)
He didn't say soon, he just said he'd try to see if he could get it a higher priority. Don't get me wrong, that's the first step to it being soon, but I wouldn't want us to read in any promises where there were none.
Unread 03-06-2005, 08:59 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default /loadUI sorta working?

so longish story, but maybe relevant.. I've been swapping my eq2.ini file back and forth to use two different UI's, Night Elf v2, and Tyejae Steel Bottom V5... now this am I just dumped my Tyejae Steel Bottom v5 for Perditions V5a version of the same.. after making sure my eq2.ini was correct I logged into my toon but didnt have the skin active.. everything was in place, just no skin, so on a lark I punched in a quick /loadUI and there in the little window under default I see the word 'kithicor' which would be the name of the directory where my Night Elf UI is parked.. so I clicked on it and VIOLA! the skin loaded...

Curiosity got the better of me, and I decided to try to find out why the night elf skin would work, but not the Tyejae.. so I cracked open UI builder (only second time I've dont this) and loaded up each of them, the first difference that I noticed was the name of the UI under the SkinInfoPage was SkinInfo in the kithicor ui, in the Tyjae UI it was fetish.. could this be why?
Unread 03-08-2005, 03:56 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

So it really isn't possible to do this at this point? With any reliability anyway. Does switching eq2.ini files save all interface settings? including window positions, opacity, and such? Or would I have to reconfigure everything each time? I am rather confused...
Unread 03-08-2005, 04:20 AM
A Griffon

Server: Blackburrow

Not sure if that would work, switching the eq2.ini's.

It might, your UI settings are stored in a file formated like this.... servername_charactername_eq2_uisettings.ini but there are two other files that tend to get in the way and mess up UI settings from time to time, those are... eq2_default.ini and eq2_recent.ini.

Has anyone tried switching the eq2.ini files out does it work?

[Guild Leader] Tiggler is my Main, Humudce is my Alt on Blackburrow.
Unread 03-08-2005, 02:06 PM
A Griffon

I haven't done this myself, but wouldn't it be a simply matter of creating two seperate custom UI folders and then just editing the eq2.ini file to point to whichever one you want before logging into the game? If your really lazy you could even create a couple of simple batch files to make the mod for you. ;-)