EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 02-24-2005, 01:31 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default tough problem - xp bar really GONE

Hello,

I downloaded and installed FetishXPBar today. Worked fine, but when I resized it looked strange (wrong proportions) so I decided to set it back. When I clicked on "standard position", it was gone!

I tried to get it back by...
...using Alt+X. Doesn't work though keys are assigned (checked options).
...setting all windows back in options. Didn't work.
...renaming the .xml to .bak to get at least the original version back. Didn't work.
...reset all transparency in case it's there, but I just couldn't see it. Didn't work.

I think it must be some change in char_uisettings.ini, but due to the fact that this ain't plain text I can't figure it out.

Has anyone made a similar experience? Does anyone know how to get it back? Please help!!

Thanks in advance for ANY effort,
Rainer
Unread 02-24-2005, 02:33 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow

Backup your character Ini file, and then delete the origional one, and launch the game and re-setup your windows. That should fix any mistakes made in the ini file when you resized it and then tried to reposition it.

[Guild Leader] Tiggler is my Main, Humudce is my Alt on Blackburrow.
Unread 02-24-2005, 04:52 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Mistmoore

I have the same mod as well. Do you have a scroll moouse? Try using that. With that mod, sometimes using the scroll wheel will actually make it scroll up until it cant be seen anymore.
Unread 02-25-2005, 05:33 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Well...

...even deleting/moving the char_usersettings.ini did not help.

I think Mike might be right that it somehow went out of screen and eq2 was not able to set the position back.

What finally solved my problem - and I highly recommend NOT to do that without making a copy of the file before!!! - was to use a hex editor and take the binary data behinde 'experience' in the char_usersettings.ini from my second char to the one from the corrupted char (some 20 values or so from 'experience' to the next 'word').

Worked fine and my problem is gone... but again, don't try if there's no real need to do so.
Unread 03-14-2005, 12:54 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Interesting - I'm having the same problem. I have a custom xp bar (not sure which one at the moment) that works great on all my existing chars - but not on a newly created one. It would seem that the default location for this custom bar is off the screen with no way to recover it.

I may have to resort to the hex editor approach unless somebody knows another way to set the default location?

Note that I did try to reset my UI windows, but that didn't help.
Unread 03-14-2005, 01:12 AM
A Brown Bear

Have any of you tried to uncheck the "Allow Windows Offscreen" Check box in the UI options? I always do it evenever I lose a window, it has yet to fail me.
Unread 03-14-2005, 08:23 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Wow I thought you had the magic bullet there but no - turning off the 'allow windows offscreen' and reseting windows did not restore the custom XP bar on my new char. Unfortunately...
Unread 03-15-2005, 02:29 AM
A Brown Bear

Blast! My super never fail fix has just lost credibility.... all well... can beat em all huh? Hope you find out how to solve your problem, but have you tried changing your resolution? Some UI's are meant for specific resolutions. They may be set off screen to you, but in a convenient place for say 1920X1200... (I used my resolution, but I doubt any UI was built for that one) Just a thought.
Unread 03-15-2005, 04:27 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Uhg! Sory, wish you'd posted to my Relesed thread.

This problem is the result of me uploading individual pieces without considering the default screen size set by SOE. My combo is set to a larger default screen size, so stuff I place in the lower right corner can have a default position off the SOE screen.

If anyone else runs into this prob, simply open the file for the mod in Notepad. Set the first occurance of location to 0,0 and delete the PackLocation and PackLocationProp settings for that page object.

You may need to restore default window locations when you log back in if the window was saved off screen.

FYI, if you hit the "Default Location" button in Window Options and don't like where the window moves, hitting Cancel should set the window back to where it was.

BTW, a fix for this was posted in the Mod's comment thread on 02-23-2005 (a day befor your initial post).

Last edited by Zonx : 03-16-2005 at 08:51 AM.