EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 03-14-2005, 04:16 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Chat windows, bags, chat filters not saving

I've been having this problem for about a week. I'm using Nedra's latest. When I first downloaded and installed the UI, I reorganized things, made 3 chat windows and set up my filters. After playing that a while, I added a fourth chat window, and re-did the chat window setting (filters, etc.) to be more to my liking.

Any time I log off and log back on, my changes are lost. The fourth chat window is gone, and all my chat filters are back to their old settings.

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone know what the problem might be?
Unread 03-14-2005, 04:28 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhuh
I've been having this problem for about a week. I'm using Nedra's latest. When I first downloaded and installed the UI, I reorganized things, made 3 chat windows and set up my filters. After playing that a while, I added a fourth chat window, and re-did the chat window setting (filters, etc.) to be more to my liking.

Any time I log off and log back on, my changes are lost. The fourth chat window is gone, and all my chat filters are back to their old settings.

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone know what the problem might be?
Yes, I think with a bit of looking you might be able to find a couple of threads on this.
Unread 03-14-2005, 05:03 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

The latest version of Nedra the only change I could see to the chat window was the frame style.. so its pretty much same as the default one apart from that.

There is loads of info on this happening in here if you do a search like Kosmos said
Unread 03-14-2005, 10:54 PM
A Brown Bear

Well, I did a search, and found several threads, and it seems this has been going on since last Oct-Nov. And I was unable to find anything recent. I've tried all the suggestions, saving all windows before logging, making the .ini file read-only, I even went back to the default UI, and it happens with that also. Every time I log in, my changes to chat windows, filters, window positions, etc.

Sorry for not searching first, but I did browse the first few pages of the help and discussion forums and didn't see any current threads on it.

I guess the next step is a fresh reinstall of EQ2, and to see if I can trace it to something with installing a custom UI.
Unread 03-15-2005, 03:45 AM
A Brown Bear

Well I was able to fix the problem by removing the chat font size line from my eq2_recent.ini file. Details in the thread below.

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612