EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 10-23-2005, 06:44 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Zonx,

Great UI! I absolutely love it! Only thing I notice is when i take my caster into Harclave's, my power goes over 10,000 and the number isnt lining up like it used to in 4.8. It says something like 10,200/10,2 and then is cut off. Last version this worked. Minior annoyance to an otherwise stellar mod thanks for the hard work.
Unread 10-24-2005, 02:20 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Tholcrist, it should be safe to install the 4.6 version of file eq2ui_inventory_inventory.xml to remove the "Use" buttons and ignore ESC features.

Ciiciona, open eq2ui_inventory_bag.xml in Notepad and replace the first occurance of
Code:
Activated="true"
with
Code:
Activated="true" allowcloseontop="false"
Buravid, you reversed the order of the Checked and Activated statements. The order does mater odly enough.

Tilar, I'm guessing you're clicking the desktop shortcut for EQ2.exe which is NOT the same as EverQuest2.exe. EQ2.exe launches the patcher. EverQuest2.exe bypasses the patcher and displays the direct login screen

Faoj, The rectangle Fetish compass.xml has not been updated to correct the directional problem introduced by SOE. I'll attach a revised xml file when its rdy.

nai1605, a line of code to include the statstrip must exist in eq2ui_mainhud.xml. Mods that replace that file will disable Statstrip and Minimap if installed over Fetish. You'll probably need to open both versions of eq2ui_mainhud.xml side-by-side in Notepad and copy/paste any code missing from the active file.

Sablerose, the Inventory window will open on login if last saved in an open state, that's a SOE feature. The only other way you could have forced it to always open on login is by adding show_window=(Inventory.Inventory) to the OnShow script of some window that is always up, like the compass or clock.

Rectangle compass has not been updated to correct SOE's directional bug. My bad, not yours (well SOE's actually).

glenrodo, download and instll the latest version. A temporary patch was available less than 24hrs after LU14. The latest full release includes the patch changes and more.

Acapella75, this is probably a result of recent font changes from SOE. I'll have to widen that text box in the next release. Not sure I anticipated 10k power when I designed it lol. You might also want to ensure you have my version of the Arial14 fonts installed. They're slightly smaller than SOE's.
Unread 10-24-2005, 07:56 AM
A Berserk Golem

hey zonx, i now ive asked about it in the past, but the drop downs on the map not showing all the zones in the lists, still kinda bugs me lol. I know you said that its alot of lines of code to get them all in (especially now with DoF). But just let me know (as i couldn't figure it out) which file it is that has the code for the cureent drop downs on the map and i'll try adding the rest of the zones that are not listed...not sayin i will succed lol but if i do ill for sure post a updated version.

there was sumting that i noticed that hasent been mentioned i think but i just completely forgot what it was lol.
Unread 10-24-2005, 08:00 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Sorry if this has been covered before just updared ro 4.9 and cant edit notes in the guild window members page if i have to scroll down past the first lot of names that are showing

thanx for the ui out there
Unread 10-24-2005, 08:40 AM
A Berserk Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by numanoid
Sorry if this has been covered before just updared ro 4.9 and cant edit notes in the guild window members page if i have to scroll down past the first lot of names that are showing

thanx for the ui out there

ya everyone is having this problem and i think it still happens using the default UI in which case it needs to be fixed on SoE's end. The only way to edit notes for others n guild window is by scrolling down with the mouse wheel and not the scroll bar (so that the highlight moves over each name).
Unread 10-24-2005, 11:05 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

shaggineq2, map menus are plugin_4.xml found in the eq2map directory. Almost every zone should be in the menus now. Only the very newest zones might be missing. Clefts of Rujark, Silent City, maybe one or 2 others. FYI, not every zone has a map in the first place.
Unread 10-24-2005, 01:29 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unrest

Hi Zonx,

Thanks for your reply, where you said:
Quote:
Buravid, you reversed the order of the Checked and Activated statements. The order does mater odly enough.
I changed the order (actually copied and pasted it directly from the FetishNightfall.doc file) and the Shrink/Zoom effect still does not work. Here is the code I used:

Code:
show_window="MainHUD.Compass" 
EquipmentPage.Stats.visible=true Shrink.Checked=true Shrink.Activated=true" OnHide="Shrink.Checked=false Shrink.Activated=false" PackLocation="FFF,FFF"
Any help that you can offer will be appreciated.

All the best,
Buravid
Unread 10-24-2005, 01:43 PM
A Brown Bear

Default EQ2 Quick Launch - eq2ui_loginscene.xml

Quote:
From Zonx:
Tilar, I'm guessing you're clicking the desktop shortcut for EQ2.exe which is NOT the same as EverQuest2.exe.
I tested this with EverQuest2.exe and am getting the same result as Tilar - it is not working. The password and server are not being passed to the login screen of EverQuest2.exe. The code from his post is below and I tried the same.

Code:
<Page BackgroundOpacity="0.475" IgnoreTab="false" Name="LSUsernamePassword" OnShow="WindowPage.Password.Text=&apos;PASSWORD&apos;
WindowPage.AutoplayWorld.Text=&apos;SERVER&apos;
EverQuest2.exe is displaying a single "*" in the password field and a "&" in the server field.

Hope this helps some for background info at least Zonx. Thanks for your awesome UI.

All the best,
Buravid
Unread 10-24-2005, 02:20 PM
A Coastal Crab

Question broken tabs

The sell tabs and repair tabs at vendors no longer display the contense of the sell and repair tabs when pressed, it just remains on buy, ( the buy tab probably cant be switched either if you manage to get to another window ) and, cant /petition correctly. unable to actually search and file report to gm.
Unread 10-24-2005, 02:26 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Rectangular Compass Off

Quote:
From Faoj:
The rectangular compass is "off" in its direction by, it looks like, 90 degrees.
Copy the eq2ui_mainhud_compass.xml from the default directory into your fetish UI directory and it will work fine.

The real fetish compass looks waaaay better but the default rectangular compass points the right direction and will get you by until Zonx has time to update.

Hope this helps some.

All the best,
Buravid
Unread 10-25-2005, 06:45 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Up

Zonx,

Just downloaded this U.I. An Easy 5 stars...

I do miss my quest helper feature from a previous U.I. such as info on heritage quests, writs, access quests etc. Is there a way I can transfer the file from the extreme U.I. I was using to this one? Also I would like to be able to tweak the purple colors to other colors. Would you be willing to tell me exactly what line I am suppose to change in the xml file to do this? If so I will most definately upload any alternate I make.

Again great job with this U.I.
Unread 10-25-2005, 07:07 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberVet
Zonx,

I do miss my quest helper feature from a previous U.I. such as info on heritage quests, writs, access quests etc. Is there a way I can transfer the file from the extreme U.I. I was using to this one? Also I would like to be able to tweak the purple colors to other colors. Would you be willing to tell me exactly what line I am suppose to change in the xml file to do this? If so I will most definately upload any alternate I make.

Hey CyberVet, you may want to try this out...

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3920

It's DBurgdorf's Milquetowst Journal mod for Fetish, with Heritage, Access, L%L, etc.
Unread 10-25-2005, 07:38 AM
A Griffawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberVet
Zonx,

Hi CyberVet. I, Like you, was using eXtreme prior to Fetish Nightfall. Mainly due to just that, the quest info in it. But I have found a solution to that. I installed Goldi's Starbutton mod for Fetish Nightfall and it has a Notes button, which brings up the notes window. You can have up to 10 notes files, max size of 32kb each. So I made one for heritage quest 1-12 and one for 13-22. Took me a while of cutting and pasting and editing, cause the info in eXtreme is in xml files, but I did it. You can either do same or if you send me an email I can use winrar to archive up my notes and send them to you.

Drunador
Tyrants of Rage
Faydark Server
Unread 10-25-2005, 07:47 AM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Befallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunador
Hi CyberVet. I, Like you, was using eXtreme prior to Fetish Nightfall. Mainly due to just that, the quest info in it. But I have found a solution to that. I installed Goldi's Starbutton mod for Fetish Nightfall and it has a Notes button, which brings up the notes window. You can have up to 10 notes files, max size of 32kb each. So I made one for heritage quest 1-12 and one for 13-22. Took me a while of cutting and pasting and editing, cause the info in eXtreme is in xml files, but I did it. You can either do same or if you send me an email I can use winrar to archive up my notes and send them to you.

Drunador
Tyrants of Rage
Faydark Server

No need just use the the mod Vandiin said.

http://www.eq2interface.com/downloa...nfo.php?id=3920

It's DBurgdorf's Milquetowst Journal mod for Fetish, with Heritage, Access, L%L, etc.
Unread 10-25-2005, 09:01 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Talking Quest Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandiin
Hey CyberVet, you may want to try this out...

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3920

Thx for the help Guys! My Fetish U.I. is now complete

Last edited by CyberVet : 10-25-2005 at 09:04 AM.
Unread 10-26-2005, 01:05 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Default zone and chat

Hi Iam useing fetish 4.9 wanting to take out the zone while chat what files do i take out for it to go to default.

Thanks
Unread 10-26-2005, 08:16 AM
A Griffawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromulis
No need just use the the mod Vandiin said.

http://www.eq2interface.com/downloa...nfo.php?id=3920

Yep, I didnt see his post before I made mine. I downloaded the one he suggested and it is awesome!!

Drunador
Unread 10-28-2005, 11:10 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Noob question from the Noob

Okay I have no idea how to do most of this stuff on here.. I did get the UI up and running and its great. My only problem is that the Icons on the spell bars are way to small.. Can you enlarge them?

Thanks

Ps. Be detailed on what I need to do please
Unread 10-28-2005, 03:01 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciousmi
Okay I have no idea how to do most of this stuff on here.. I did get the UI up and running and its great. My only problem is that the Icons on the spell bars are way to small.. Can you enlarge them?

Thanks

Ps. Be detailed on what I need to do please
In the FetishNightfall.doc that's included with the UI it says:

"Alternate Styles
Alternate styles for some windows are included with this mod. In most cases, these alternate files use the standard file name preceded by a style identifier of _xxx_ where xxx is a shorthand description of the style. An alternate style can be installed by first removing the default file, then stripping the _xxx_ from the desired alternate’s file name.

Hotkeys
eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml (default) 75% scale
_100L_eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml 100% scale
_85L_eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml 85% scale"
Unread 10-28-2005, 03:34 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Grobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandiin
In the FetishNightfall.doc that's included with the UI it says:

"Alternate Styles
Alternate styles for some windows are included with this mod. In most cases, these alternate files use the standard file name preceded by a style identifier of _xxx_ where xxx is a shorthand description of the style. An alternate style can be installed by first removing the default file, then stripping the _xxx_ from the desired alternate’s file name.

Hotkeys
eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml (default) 75% scale
_100L_eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml 100% scale
_85L_eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml 85% scale"
Is Preciousmi talking about the hotbars or the bars that show what spells you have cast on you and spells you have active? If he means the latter two, then there is no alternate mod in fetish for those, they are stuck at the size they are currently at.
Unread 10-30-2005, 04:59 PM
A Coastal Crab

First off I want to say Awesome UI Zonx! This UI rules, I can't say enough good about so I won't bother trying, heheh.
I do have one small concern/criticism/request/observation though...The "Find It" button in the Market window is incredibly helpful, definitely one of my favorite features. However I have recently noticed (perhaps with the last update although I can't swear to that) that when I use this button it automatically pulls in my class and level as search parameters. This is counter-productive if I am pricing items not for my class or level (such as Adepts for other classes). What happens is I get no results for the search as such items are now excluded by the class/level parameters. As I see it (as a total non-coder) the fix should be simple...don't automatically pull in the class/level info. There is already a button for doing this so I see the automated inclusion as very redundant.
Thanks in advance for your time and attention.

Last edited by mrskullhead : 10-31-2005 at 09:34 AM.
Unread 10-30-2005, 06:12 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisasdarren
The XML to show the stat strip is in one of those files (Though I have forgotten which one)

Look in the fetish word doc page 16 to see which one, you can just copy the two lines that refer to showing the statstrip into whatever you replace it with and it should keep working.

You rock! Thank you so much for this. I would never even have known!!!
Unread 10-31-2005, 09:50 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Bank Window

Anyone else having issues still with Bank Window not allowing you to pick how much you want to remove without taking the entire stack of coin. Is there anyway for a box to pop up and select how much you want. Other than that, this UI is awesome.
Unread 11-03-2005, 04:32 AM
A Brown Bear

Jazzy you press & hold shift while picking up a stack to do that
Unread 11-08-2005, 09:29 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Attached image of my exp bar as it looks on my widescreen laptop. It works fine on my main machine, but haven't been able to resolve it on the laptop. I really like this exp bar...hope someone has a suggestion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	expbar.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	3970