This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen

we will post a traditional version here in a bit for peeps like you! hooray
Unread 03-21-2005, 02:58 PM
A Griffon

My guess is that your internet connection is timing out befoer it gets the whole update file list. So it's erroring when trying to parse a half downlaoded XML file.

Suggestions would be to try reinstalling .NET framework, probably the 2.0 beta of it.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

I'll be updating the traditional zip download soon, so you could download it if you still can't use the auto-updater. It'd be better to not give up on it though; I'll keep brainstorming. I have a good idea of what the problem is, just am not sure what's needed to fix it.

Quib
Unread 03-21-2005, 03:51 PM
A Griffon

Updated the main zip download at:
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3391

Quib
Unread 03-21-2005, 03:52 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceSopher
On another front, might I make a suggestion? On the Submit a POI screen would it be possible to retain the POI Type and Zone Name from entry to entry? It would make the process of entering POIs a little quicker if the webpage kept those values so I do not have to reenter them each time. Thanks!
This has been done. Thanks for the suggestion!
Unread 03-21-2005, 06:31 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default More Proxy Woes

Getting:

Error Getting File List:
The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.

Looking at the firewall logs in my ISA2004 server I can see the program trying to use ancient proxy settings. My proxy settings must be ok as I am using it to browse this site. Wondering exactly where EQ2MAP Auto Updater is calling the proxy settings from?

I've done a registry search and clean up, and can no longer find any of the old settings. (And subsequently reinstalled the Updater).

Regards
Unread 03-21-2005, 09:41 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

all i could find on msdn was that it uses the "system default proxy" i couldnt find out where this is stored/set.
what browser are you using? if its not IE try checking the proxy settings in IE and setting them to the correct ones.
Unread 03-22-2005, 12:17 PM
A Brown Bear

Thanks Quib, That worked
Unread 03-22-2005, 07:54 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

now here is an odd thing, i changed it from the FQDN of my firewall/proxy to its IP address (The FQDN resolved the to the very same IP address).

Something odd on my system i guess
Unread 03-23-2005, 02:44 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Kithicor
Default No Glowing Trail

I love these maps! You guys have done an excellent job! And the speed with which you repspond to people's comments and questions is amazing!

But the comment below was posted by me on the 18th and there hasn't been the slightest response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwlkr
When I open the map and click on some place I want to go, like a bank, the glowing trail appears, but as soon as I close the map, the trail disappears.
Am I the only person having this problem? I've read the FAQ and all the posts in this thread. I've even removed everything having to do with the maps and the updater and re-installed everything. I still have a disappearing glowing trail when I close my map window.

Any help is appreciated.
Unread 03-23-2005, 03:00 PM
A Griffon

Server: Blackburrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwlkr
I love these maps! You guys have done an excellent job! And the speed with which you repspond to people's comments and questions is amazing!

But the comment below was posted by me on the 18th and there hasn't been the slightest response.

Am I the only person having this problem? I've read the FAQ and all the posts in this thread. I've even removed everything having to do with the maps and the updater and re-installed everything. I still have a disappearing glowing trail when I close my map window.

Any help is appreciated.
Actually I don't think you are the only one seeing this. I am such a mean Guild Leader and have requested that my entire guild use the EQ2MAP mod, someone mentioned the same issue to me over the last couple of days. I have duplicated it, if you close the Map you will no longer see the Waypoint. My suggestion was for them to make sure their map window was not outside the Letterbox Border, and then hit the Minamize button on the map window, they have had some success with that keeping the Waypoints up. NOTE: if you hit the minamize button when the Map's title bar is outside the Letterbox Boarder, the Minamized Titlebar will disapear until you mouse over it, and un-minamize. I'm not sure if the game's Waypoint window also does this if you close it. But I have definately seen this issue.

[Guild Leader] Tiggler is my Main, Humudce is my Alt on Blackburrow.
Unread 03-23-2005, 03:01 PM
a hedgehog

Server: Nagafen

try clicking the POI then closing the window with the M key.

I think the reason it happens is because you are hovering over antother POI when you go to close the map.
Unread 03-23-2005, 03:03 PM
A Griffon

Thanks Tony,

I'll give that a try...

[Guild Leader] Tiggler is my Main, Humudce is my Alt on Blackburrow.
Unread 03-23-2005, 04:59 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Hmmm, I've never seen this happen to me, but I do always use M to open and close...that might just be it.
Unread 03-23-2005, 10:24 PM
Crushbone - Cronique

Server: Crushbone

I just tested the wisp trail "bug". If you click the X (upper right corner) to close the map window, it will remove the wisp trail. It does not matter what possition or placement of the map window.
Unread 03-24-2005, 03:10 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Lucan DLere
Default wrong map: Condemned Catacombs

My guild was in CC tonight and, surprise! The map was of the Down Below!
Unread 03-24-2005, 07:38 AM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Yes Florence We are currently having an issue with a few zones such as this. The problem is that SOE used the same maps, just blocked them off in a couple areas. To go along with this and make things harder for us, they used to same map reference name as the original maps zone, so we're trying to figure out how to use a different map even though SOE is telling the game to use the down below map. We will get it. I think Quib's been working hard on this one.
Unread 03-24-2005, 02:07 PM
A Griffon

I'm working on CC/Down Below and Gobblerocks Hideout/Serpent Sewer. Should have it automatically loading the two properly soon. Luckily, SOE turned on the translucent fog for CC and GH so I'm using that as a true/false to get the correct POIs to show.

As for the wisp trail bug involving closing the window: I'm looking into it and may have a fix. I'll keep everyone posted.

Quib
Unread 03-24-2005, 02:28 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quib
I'm working on CC/Down Below and Gobblerocks Hideout/Serpent Sewer. Should have it automatically loading the two properly soon. Luckily, SOE turned on the translucent fog for CC and GH so I'm using that as a true/false to get the correct POIs to show.

As for the wisp trail bug involving closing the window: I'm looking into it and may have a fix. I'll keep everyone posted.

Quib
what would we do without you?
Unread 03-24-2005, 03:50 PM
A Griffon

Well, I imagine you'd do pretty well. Managing the website and/or mapping is way tougher than nailing down quirky little UI XML bugs. I'm just greasing the joints for this complex machine called EQ2MAP.

I think I've fixed the CC and GH POI issue. POIs should be working properly again in Serpent Sewer and The Down Below. Going to Gobblerocks Hideout and CC to make sure I have them loading correctly. Taking screenshots of various zone's POIs along to way so we can get that alignment issue taken care of.

Quib
Unread 03-24-2005, 04:54 PM
A Griffon

Got a nifty something to maybe keep an eye out for. It is NOT a breaking issue at all...

Was in The Down Below with a baby toon o mine when I got ran over...

When I revived near the Baubleshire zone in Down Below, my map lost all POI's... zoned over and back and was fixed but I thought I would let someone know just in case

-Selae
Unread 03-24-2005, 04:56 PM
A Griffon

I'm working on it Selae. I'm trying to get 2 different POI sets automatically loading for that map, and they're being difficult.

EDIT: 99% sure this is fixed now. Posting in another thread to get people to go test and double-check for me.

Quib

Last edited by Quib : 03-24-2005 at 05:24 PM.
Unread 03-25-2005, 05:26 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default HTTP protocol violation

I'm getting these errors when downloading DDS files:

The underlying connection was closed: The server committed an HTTP protocol violation.
File: map_fprt_sewer03_2.dds
The underlying connection was closed: The server committed an HTTP protocol violation.
File: map_mod01_dun_tombs_of_night_0.dds
File: map_mod01_dun_tombs_of_night_1.dds
File: map_mod01_dun_tombs_of_night_2.dds

I'm behind a transparent proxy, but I tried to download these files manually using wget and it worked fine (I verified the md5 checksum).

Thanks for a great addin!

Jeorat, Unrest server
Unread 03-25-2005, 10:39 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

i dont know what to tell you other than that people tend to have problems using the updater when they are behind proxys. i wish i could be of more help see waht happens if oyu dont use the proxy.
Unread 03-26-2005, 04:51 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Default bug report

having an issue as of about 10 mins ago - ran the updater before logging in, and once in game found the TS map to be slid down and to the right of the frame - I deleted and did a fresh install/update to make sure it wasn't something I'd done, and its still off by about an inch x and y

if it matters I'm using the mook mod with it - could be a problem there, havent verified that yet - just thought I'd let you know
Unread 03-27-2005, 07:40 AM
A Coastal Crab

not too sure if this is the right place for this post... but i was just in runnyeye and the map seemed to have a tunnel missing. here is a screenshot of it. im sorry i cant provide any further details as i only noticed it 5 mins before the servers went down.
Closed Thread