Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 06-05-2005, 04:38 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Butcherblock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumsugar
Hiya, I love this UI! It's great! Both my and my husband use it, as well as a friend of ours.

I was wondering something though, is anyone else having problems with the guild aspect of it? We are. It only broadcast SOME things in guild chat and very few things in the guild event window. We did 4 writs this morning and they didn't show up anywhere. I have checked to make sure that it is enabled and all that stuff. I am just wondering if anyone else is having this problem, it's really annoying me.

Thanks again for the super UI!!

~Plumsugar
Make sure that your chat options enable all the guild chat. Futhermore, go to the guild window, and check the filters list, and see if the type of event that you just completed has been enabled. If you are not a guild leader or high up officer, you won't be able to change this.

Also, next time you complete a writ, see if the other people in the guild are receiving the chat message.

Theoretically, UI's should NOT have anything to do with the way the game is run. It's all a matter of what you do with your chat options in game.

EDIT: I use this UI as well, and I haven't had any problems, so I'm 99% sure that its something with your chat options.
Unread 06-05-2005, 05:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Lucan DLere

Live Update #9: May 26, 2005

*** Guild Window ***

- Added a privacy option to the events area of the guild window that allows a character to elect not to generate guild events.

This may be what is happening. I think it's the default option and if you change your uisettings or reset your uisettings, it will default back to private.

That is the only thing I can think of at the moment.
Unread 06-05-2005, 06:11 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

I will check guild chat, I am one of the leaders and had checked to make sure it was enabled in the guild window. Will have to see about the guild chat options, will let you know if it works. Thanks for the help!
Unread 06-05-2005, 09:51 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Target bars (size)

HI,

I love you UI, it is clean and it makes less distracting for me to play. thanks for taking the time to make it.

Is there any possibility of making a smaller size for some of the items? The compus/day/time is really great but I would like to shrink it some.

The target window and implied target in groups is quite a bit too large for me. When you get time, is this an adjustment or option you can offer?

Thanks
Unread 06-08-2005, 02:00 PM
A Brown Bear

Greetings,

Notice with the lastest update from SOE the Journal feature does not work any more... I hope that there will be a patch for that... This mod is awsome...

Regards,
Unread 06-08-2005, 06:19 PM
A Brown Bear

IU love this mod. Only I have one request. The target and implied target are a little big. Would it be possible to make a smaller version of it?? Thanks.
Unread 06-08-2005, 09:00 PM
A Dragoon Sith

Server: Guk

New LU10 version of the Quest Journal available!

Now if only we can figure out how to get rid of these new ****ing piece of **** ****ing ****faced ****ing ugly ass ****ing piece of **** **** fonts...
Unread 06-08-2005, 09:06 PM
A Coastal Crab

Since new patch today this is not letting me look at the quest journal and having problems viewing items and whatnot but going to try something and I will let ya know if anything changes.
Unread 06-09-2005, 12:21 AM
A Dragoon Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgrin
Since new patch today this is not letting me look at the quest journal and having problems viewing items and whatnot but going to try something and I will let ya know if anything changes.
just download the new version I uploaded earlier today...

*MAJOR UPDATE AS OF JUNE, 09, 2005: 1:00 AM EST*
More small cosmetic changes here and there. The new journal has been enstated with collection quest changes... OLD FONTS HAVE BEEN RESTORED! This update ignores all the new font rules from LU10 except within the chat window. I dont think I am alone when I say they sucked balls and completely violated all the custom UIs many of us have. However, though the fonts have all been restored, the text in the chat window still absorbs the "smooth-text" rule, you can keep the smooth text if you like it, or you can turn it off in the options menu. Some images are out of date, remember a Pet window was added from last patch.
Unread 06-09-2005, 02:54 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Map Window Bug

Ok first things first love the UI keep up the good work.

My problem is when open my map window there is no map window all i get is the World tag and it telling me what zone i'm in but other than that there is nothing at all, no frame, no picture, just nothing. I would love to carry on using this but i find that i need my map window so if you or anyone has any suggestions please help me sort this so i can get back to my normal playing.

Thanks
Unread 06-09-2005, 07:19 AM
A Coastal Crab

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstnErasmus
Ok first things first love the UI keep up the good work.

My problem is when open my map window there is no map window all i get is the World tag and it telling me what zone i'm in but other than that there is nothing at all, no frame, no picture, just nothing. I would love to carry on using this but i find that i need my map window so if you or anyone has any suggestions please help me sort this so i can get back to my normal playing.

Thanks
I agree, great UI. I had the same problem with the map after I updated my UI, and so I replaced my eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml with the one found in my /ui/default directory. Granted, it's a temporary fix, but it works alot better than a transparent map.

Cheers.
Unread 06-09-2005, 08:03 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I too am having the map problem, will try dakoth's temp fix.
Unread 06-09-2005, 11:36 AM
A Dragoon Sith

eek... sorry.. there isnt supposed to be a map file in my UI... just delete it. If you dont use the EQ2Map project, you will have problems viewing the map.
Unread 06-09-2005, 12:52 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

First off I love your clock/compass I am a pureist at heart but had to have your clock/compass.

I only have one problem.. when I installed it the middle section with the loc/time portion is scrunched. Is this because of the font change or is there a setting I need to alter.

Attached is how it looks on all my systems

Unread 06-09-2005, 01:44 PM
A Dragoon Sith

This is because of the font changes.... you need to download the old fonts from my full UI.
Unread 06-11-2005, 09:00 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Mistmoore

I use eq2map (thanks guys). And I get the map that I can download, but the PoIs and my arrow are fubar. The map its self is fine, its the PoIs arrow that are messed up. Any ideas?

Denuve
Unread 06-11-2005, 09:16 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Mistmoore

Nevermind. It helps to download the eq2map into /jaxel and not /denuve.

Thanks Jax
Unread 06-11-2005, 08:34 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxel
This is because of the font changes.... you need to download the old fonts from my full UI.
On the off chance that I like the new fonts because they make the text easier to read, is there an easy way to shrink the new font size down on the compass/clock so that parts are not overlapped/truncated?
Unread 06-12-2005, 04:35 AM
A Berserk Golem

Just a cosmetic bug I noticed that I could correct myself :
the TabPane Size is set to 300,26 but eat a bit the Group tab visual. By setting it to 310,26 the Group tab can be seen entirely.
Unread 06-12-2005, 02:50 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Wonderful UI... only a couple things I would like to request....or just instructions on how to do it would be great too....

I just find the Target and Implied Target a bit big...also the same with the hot bars...think there is a way to shrink those down? cause I love the rest of the UI but would love those a little smaller
Unread 06-13-2005, 08:21 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Ini

Do we need an INI in the EQ2 directory that hase our server and character name etc like most GUI's I get have? USually they come with one for 1600x mode and 1280x mode

Thanks
Unread 06-13-2005, 09:40 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Love your interface!

Hey, Jaxel!

I started using your interface about six weeks ago. You can imagine my shock when the EQ2 team decided to make that update and mess up your beautiful modifications. I had to go back to the default UI. I missed all of the details of the OCD UI.

I wanted to thank you for designing such a spectacular interface and for updating it to work with the new journal and fonts.

Thank you!

Anji
Unread 06-14-2005, 12:37 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Unrest
Default Chat window problems.

Since I switched over to this UI I'm having problems with my chat windows. I have two chat windows with five tabs each, and when I log out and back in the second window is gone along with the chat filters that I setup. I tried deleting my server_character_eq2_uisettings.ini, but even after setting everything up again, including chat windows the problem returns. Any ideas to fix this are appreciated.
Unread 06-14-2005, 01:07 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackgee
Since I switched over to this UI I'm having problems with my chat windows. I have two chat windows with five tabs each, and when I log out and back in the second window is gone along with the chat filters that I setup. I tried deleting my server_character_eq2_uisettings.ini, but even after setting everything up again, including chat windows the problem returns. Any ideas to fix this are appreciated.
I am having exactly the same problem! Also Jaxel could you also put up your UIsettings file so I can get the same layout as you? if at all possible

Seraphiel
Unread 06-14-2005, 10:53 PM
A Brown Bear

Let me start by saying I really love this UI, but I have a sleight issue with the target and implied target being so big (which I have noticed others have asked about also) so I have an Idea of what a basic Target/implied target would look like for this mod (as I play a templar and have my eyes glued to the group window anyway) The width on these bars would be the same as the player bars. If anyone could make this for me that would be awsome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Target.png
Views:	214
Size:	4.5 KB
ID:	2944