EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 04-10-2005, 04:28 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Beta 1
Lightbulb Guild Notes 2 Ideas

Well I know many people (especially guild leaders and officers) want a notes field on the guild window. Why SOE didn't include it on release is beyond me (I know they got 1001 feedbacks about it from me during beta, and after every single patch since).

So since SOE has not taken the initative... I saw the in-game web browser, and the thread about parsing external data. Why not make a guild window that parses data from an HTML or XML file on a website for the notes field so everyone can edit the same copy.

If this is not feasiable what about notes stored locally in a file (each person's would be different).
Unread 04-10-2005, 04:52 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Currently its not possible to control how external data is parsed in unless its formated into some sort of EQ2 XML format. If its HTML, the HTML window displays it, but it can't be manipulated. If its some other format, the best you'll get is a straight text display of the source.

Soon as I work out a few bugs with my current sets, I'm gonna be experimenting with some of the other database related UI elements as well as trying a few more tricks to get links working in the browser.

If I can get the other database objects working, it might be possible to use an auto-updater to pull down XML files formatted with a known database format and display it ala Journal.

In any event, its already possible to set your guild site up with a Comments/Notes section that includes a plain HTML view that would display in the HTML window

You'd have to use a real browser to add/change comments/notes, but anyone with the URL could read them in-game.
Unread 04-10-2005, 02:31 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Beta 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
You'd have to use a real browser to add/change comments/notes, but anyone with the URL could read them in-game.
This is the only part I disagree with. Use the in-game browser and go to www.google.com

Supprisingly the text box is active, and can be typed in.
Unread 04-10-2005, 02:49 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Yes, but you can't actually SUBMIT anything