EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 12-08-2006, 01:11 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default How do I run UIBuilder on a different computer?

How do I get the UI builder to work on a computer without EQ installed? When I'm at home, I'd rather Play EQ2, but at work, in the winter, I've lots of free time that I can do things like work on the UI without it cutting into my game time. Unfortunatly, when I load eq2ui.xml into the UIBuilder, it doesn't seem to work properly when I'm at work. All of the graphics won't load properly, if at all.

This is what I did.

I copied my entire UI/default directory less sounds and something else that didn't sound applicable. So images/arenachampions ../books ../fonts ../frontend ../icons ../loadscreens ../maps ../slideshows and of course all the files in the base directory. Are all loaded onto my flash drive. I naturally copied the UIBuilder.zip as well.

At work I install to c:/UIBuilder and in the UI builder directory I have the folder UI and subfolder Dev, where I put all the files. But when I load UIbuilder and open eq2ui.xml, it doesn't work the same way as at home. What is wrong and how do I fix it? Thank you.

--

This is really just a cut and paste from my post off the sony forums, because I'm not sure if all the people here read that board, and I'm hoping for an answer before 10pm Friday.
Unread 12-08-2006, 09:36 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Your dir tree needs to look like

/UIBuilder
|
|-UI
| |
| |-default (a copy of default)
| |
| |-Dev (your dev ui with a copy of eq2ui.xml in it)

Now you can load eq2ui.xml from the dev directory or default directory.

There is you answer and it's before 10PM even. Well here at -6GMT it is lol.

Last edited by Landiin : 12-08-2006 at 09:38 AM.
Unread 12-08-2006, 06:55 PM
A Brown Bear

sweet, thanks.
It looks like I just need to rename my backup directory to default.

Thanks, I'll give that a try when I get to work tonight.
Unread 12-08-2006, 11:45 PM
A Brown Bear

Ok,

I'm at work now and changed the file name like you suggested, but it didn't work. All of the image files are still not loading properly for some reason.

I don't know what's going on. The directory structure is the same as on my computer, except that EQ2 is on my home computer drive D, and UIbuilder is on my work computer drive C:

All of the images are giving this error FAILED TO InitializeCanvasFromMemory './/images/commonelements.dds'
::: FAILED TO MATCH PIXEL FORMAT

Even though they are straight copies of the files at home, and these files work perfect at home.

Sigh, I guess my next try I won't save my default directory to a .rar and see if somehow the files aren't being converted back properly.... (sigh)
Unread 12-10-2006, 01:06 AM
A Brown Bear

Update #3

New day. I brought all my files from home and installed them without changing anything, but it still isn't working.

All I know is that UIbuilder is not recognizing any of the image files. Not one single image loads. When I look at the ui.log it lists every image and says, Error opening ' image path'

Am I the only one that has tried to get UIBuilder to work, at work? I'm wondering how much of the problem is due to EQ not being installed on this computer. Since I can't exactly make an eq2.ini file with the instruction
cl_ui_skinname dev
cl_ui_subdir UI/

Rather, I can make an eq2.ini file, but there is no eq2 root directory to put it.

I have the UI builder files in c:\uibuilder
All the other files are in c:\uibuilder\UI\ with the folder name default for all the default files and Dev for my test files.

What am I doing wrong, or is this a lost cause? Is there a .dll file resident on my computer that I can bring to work to get thi working? If you don't know for sure, but have some ideas, please let me know so I can give them a try.

Thank you for your patience everyone.

Last edited by ishnar : 12-10-2006 at 01:11 AM.
Unread 12-10-2006, 02:09 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis

I use it at work all the time, well I haven't had time to get the new default at work, but the one before EoF is there and it works fine

Here is what I have setup;

..\My Documents
|
|-UI
| |
| |-Default (all of default's files)
| |-eXtreme (all of extreme's files)
| |- All the other files that are in the standard ui directory
| |-extracted uibuilders's zip into here also

I've been using this set up for quite some time with out needing to have EQ2 installed or issues.

Last edited by Landiin : 12-10-2006 at 02:11 AM.
Unread 12-10-2006, 10:42 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Just to check the obvious... you are opening eq2ui.xml and not the file directly, right?