EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 08-08-2005, 12:15 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default [MAP] COW and COTW fixed.

Thanks to SaintPeter, I finally got these two zones fixed. I zoned into both of them to make sure they were correct. They both had the same internal zone name and the game wasn't loading the right map.

If I wasn't suppose to start a new thread for this, I am sorry. These two zones go together and they both need to be udpated together. Anyways, here's the fix.

New code and Zone Rect for each:

The Caves of Wonder:

<ImageStyle Name="enchanted_mini01_0" zonerect="338, -660, 424, -559" availablerect="331, -667, 431, -552">
<ImageFrame Name="imageFrame" Source="images/maps/map_enchanted_mini01_b.dds" SourceRect="0,0,436,506"/>
</ImageStyle>

Cavern of Tangled Weeds:

<ImageStyle Name="enchanted_mini01_1" zonerect="47, -1169, 144, -1057" availablerect="40, -1175, 151, -1050">
<ImageFrame Name="imageFrame" Source="images/maps/map_enchanted_mini01_a.dds" SourceRect="0,0,436,506"/>
</ImageStyle>

Again, many thanks to SaintPeter, who has helped me quite a bit with this.

Trip

P.S. I have included two separate zip files, one for each zone. They include the .dds files, name, source, and the Zone Rect info (all updated).
Attached Files
File Type: zip CavernOfTangledWeedsFixed.zip (75.9 KB, 201 views)
File Type: zip CavesOfWonderFixed.zip (77.9 KB, 191 views)

Last edited by Trip : 08-08-2005 at 12:31 AM.
Unread 08-08-2005, 06:41 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Antonia Bayle

Hi there! If I missed something, or if something is wrong, please tell me and I will fix it, asap.

As far as I know everything is correct this time. The problem I was having earlier was that both zones had the same internal zone name, and I was not aware of the _0, _1 trick that SaintPeter pointed out.

SaintPeter pointed out that by adding the above modifier to the end of the names, it tells the game that there are multiple zones with the same name and will load them separately depending on the zone rect info. Specifially, both zones were named enchanted_mini01 and all I had to do was rename them enchanted_mini01_0 and enchanted_mini01_1 to separate them so that the game would load the right map when zoning in. Additionally, I had to rename the dds files to reflect this separation as well. I just added "a" and "b" to the end of the file names to separate them.

I entered each zone, and found that the game does, indeed, pull up the correct map for each, now.

If I am not following the correct procedure for this, let me know and I will conform.

Trip
Unread 08-08-2005, 06:58 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Thanks Trip, I'll send this info to the patcher/website later tonight.

Unread 08-09-2005, 02:06 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Ok map and corrections are now avaible on the eq2map updater.