EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 01-27-2007, 05:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Can't get ProfitUI to even work?! Help me please

Hi! I had trouble with my EQ2, so I ended up deleteing the entire installation, and put a new one on a separate hard drive. I've unzipped the ProfitUI 3.0.3 (or whatever it is) into my main EQ2 folder, edited the eq2.ini folder to make sure it was going to use the profitUI, but it will not even show up in the /load_uisettings command...

I would try deleting my UI files for my chars, but they are not in my main EQ2 folder, so I can't really do that.

I do have my old UI settings file from my old installation saved, but stickin it into the new folder does nothing, and it doesn't recognize it in the /load_uisettings window either.

Any ideas on what I can do? I can't function with my UI!
Unread 01-27-2007, 10:44 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Well, first off you need to be a little more specific.

Is the UI modificatoins showing up, IE. does it look like profit UI but everything is in the wrong place... or does it still look like the default UI?

Maybe post the contents of the eq2.ini file in your post, and also provide the file structure for the main eq2 folder going into your UI folder.

The more detailed info you give, the easier it will be to assist you.

The Profit Reborn UI should be showing... if it isn't, it has to be something you did wrong on your end.
Unread 01-28-2007, 08:37 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

sorry I was so uninformative.

I found the problem... since I have the game installed on a secondary hard drive, the launchpad installed itself on the main drive for some reason, so it was searching the main (C drive for the UI files, and when it couldn't find any, it made a new section in my Documents and Settings, where it put all the UI info, thats why I couldn't find my UI settings in my main game folder.

Now, my main question is, how would I go about changing the directory in which both launchpad installs, and looks for the UI settings (I noticed (before I found out what was going on) if I launched from launchpad, the UI wouldn't show, but if I started from the everquest2.exe file(in the main EQ2 folder), the game would load with the UI mod)

I currently have the game itself installed on (F, the launchpad in (C:\Program Files\Sony\Launchpad), and the game UI stuff in (C:\Documents and Settings\User\). I am planning on formatting my main drive soon, to be able to put a fresh copy of Vista on it, so I wanted all my game files on my secondary HD.

Need any more information? :P