Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 07-04-2005, 10:55 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default [map] Caves of Wonder

Background: Light rock
Cache file: enchanted+enchanted_mini01.iop

I've attached both the raw log file and the .svg. I don't have Adobe Photoshop to finish the rest of it.

edit: added .png file

-Hraust
================
Hraust Geysa
Guardian of Staedwall
Neriak server
[email protected]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hraust_CoW.png
Views:	286
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	3070  
Attached Files
File Type: txt eq2log_Hraust_CoW.txt (53.2 KB, 216 views)
File Type: zip Hraust_CoW.zip (2.3 KB, 261 views)

Last edited by hraust : 07-04-2005 at 11:39 AM. Reason: added .png file
Unread 08-05-2005, 06:50 PM
A Brown Bear

Bump. Possible to have this added to the download set? Thanks.
Unread 08-06-2005, 05:06 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Here's a jpg image of the zone. I have the dds file and Zone Rect information; however, I want to zone in and make sure that everything is correct. I'll zone in tonight to check it out, then post the zip with those files.

If the internal name of this zone is the same as "Cavern of Tangled Weeds", then it would be impossible to have both zones updated on the patcher. According to your post, they are the same. Could they have screwed this up? I'll let ya know.

Trip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	COW.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	3301  

Last edited by Trip : 08-06-2005 at 05:13 PM.
Unread 08-06-2005, 08:18 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Default Same Internal Zone Name

As it turns out "Cave of Wonder" has the same exact internal zone name as "Cavern of Tangled Weeds". Why would the programmers do this? Beats me! I call it a screw up, but maybe they have their reasons.

Internal Zone Name: enchanted_mini01

enchanted+enchanted_mini01.iop

Here is the Zone Rect:
<ImageStyle Name="enchanted_mini01" zonerect="338, -660, 424, -559">
<ImageFrame Name="imageFrame" Source="images/maps/map_enchanted_mini01.dds" SourceRect="0,0,436,506"/>
</ImageStyle>

I have included the logfile.txt, map_enchanted_mini01.dds, map.png, map.svg, and CaveOfWonder.txt (zone rect info) in the zip file attached.

Which map they use, is up to the folks in charge here at EQ2 Interface.

Trip
Attached Files
File Type: zip CaveOfWonder.zip (154.7 KB, 180 views)
Unread 08-06-2005, 09:13 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

Ahh, but look at the two different Zone Rects:

CoTW
<ImageStyle Name="enchanted_mini01" zonerect="50, -1180, 148, -1067">

CoW
<ImageStyle Name="enchanted_mini01" zonerect="338, -660, 424, -559">

Not only do they not overlap horizontally, they don't overlap vertically either.

One good habbit to get into is to also include the heightmax and heightmin, as well as the "Avalible Rect" - That way, if there ARE two maps with the same internal zone name, they will be seperate.
Unread 08-07-2005, 10:30 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Hey there Saint Peter! Once again, your knowledge is invaluable.

Do I use the max and min elevation for heightmax= and heightmin=?

Trip

P.S. I'll get on it right away when I get back this afternoon.
Unread 08-07-2005, 11:20 AM
A Griffon

Well, I'd give a little bit of padding to the values. Consider that the lowest elevation that you have in the map may not be along the edge where you were mapping. Also, the top may not be the highest point you mapped. What happens if you jump?

Funny Story:
When I was mapping DFC, I mapped all along the edges of the ground floor. Everything there showed as an elevation of 0, so I put my minheight for that map at 0 and the max for the next floor down at 0. When I went to try it out, I discovered that the "worn down" areas between the walls were about at -0.05 or so - just minisculely below. I could jump and it would change maps!

Similarly with the top floor of DFC, I set the heightmin right at the threshold and had to run around on the tops of the walls to be able to see the top floor.

The moral:
Give your heightmin/max some padding and be aware of areas that you haven't mapped.
Unread 08-07-2005, 10:55 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Default I been trying to separate these maps, but....

Well, I have been trying to separate these two zones so the right map will load and I am not having any sucess. The zones are "The Caves of Wonder" and "Cavern of Tangled Weeds". I tried to mess with heightmin= and heightmax=; however, there's not much I can do with that, since those numbers are so close.

I also, tried the following code, to no avail. It will only load the first map it sees in the core_mapstyles.xml file. In the following example, It will load "map_enchanted_mini01_b.dds(The Caves of Wonder)" no matter which zone I go to. If I swap the position of the maps code, then it will only load "map_enchanted_mini01_a.dds(Cavern of Tangled Weeds)", no matter which zone I am in.

Maybe I am not understanding the way availablerect and availablepriorty work. I just added a little bit to each coordinate for availablerect(ie. a little more west, north, east, and south than the zone rect). As far as availablepriorty= goes, I tried to change the priority with no luck either.

<ImageStyle Name="enchanted_mini01" zonerect="338, -660, 424, -559" availablerect="331, -667, 431, -552" availablepriority="1">
<ImageFrame Name="imageFrame" Source="images/maps/map_enchanted_mini01_b.dds" SourceRect="0,0,436,506"/>
</ImageStyle>

<ImageStyle Name="enchanted_mini01" zonerect="47, -1169, 144, -1057" availablerect="40, -1175, 151, -1050" availablepriority="0">
<ImageFrame Name="imageFrame" Source="images/maps/map_enchanted_mini01_a.dds" SourceRect="0,0,436,506"/>
</ImageStyle>

I am hoping one of you guys can help me sort this out. Anyone know what I am forgeting or not doing right?

Trip
Unread 08-07-2005, 11:17 PM
A Griffon

Code:
<ImageStyle Name="enchanted_mini01" zonerect="338, -660, 424, -559" availablerect="331, -667, 431, -552" availablepriority="1">
<ImageFrame Name="imageFrame" Source="images/maps/map_enchanted_mini01_b.dds" SourceRect="0,0,436,506"/>
</ImageStyle>

<ImageStyle Name="enchanted_mini01" zonerect="47, -1169, 144, -1057" availablerect="40, -1175, 151, -1050" availablepriority="0">
<ImageFrame Name="imageFrame" Source="images/maps/map_enchanted_mini01_a.dds" SourceRect="0,0,436,506"/>
</ImageStyle>
D'oh, totally forgot:
Name="enchanted_mini01_0"
Name="enchanted_mini01_1"

That signals EQ2 that there are multiple maps for the zone.
Since the maps don't overlap, there should be no need to have the availablepriority set.
Unread 08-08-2005, 12:18 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Yep, that did the trick! hehe

Thank you very much for the help on this, SaintPeter! I'm learning.

Trip

P.S. I started a new post for this fix, to make sure that both zones get updated together.