EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 11-20-2007, 02:47 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Simple NOOB Questions

First, I apologize for the references to WoW, but coming from that game it's my current frame of thought when trying to set my UI up...

I'm having problems with the following and don't know if I just can't figure it out or if it's simply not possible...

1. I created a Sarnak Assassin; whenever he goes into stealth and is moving, the camera "bounces" the world while staying centered on him. I've never seen anything like this in a game before, so I assume there must be a camera setting to change this. After 15 minutes of it, I got a headache and created a necro instead..

2. UI Scaling: Is there a way to scale all the elements in the UI? It seems most of the custom UI's are developed for relatively low resolutions; I'm playing on a 24" monitor and anything 1440 and below looks awful.. But at the higher resolutions the UI elements are so tiny I feel like I need reading glasses to play..

3. UI Options Menu? Is there a way to bring up a master options menu for UI elements? All I've found is the very rudimentary options available by right clicking on an element..

4. UI Element Dragging: Is there a way to make UI elements easier to move around? It seems like there's a tiny "magical" spot you have to find for each element in order get the tooltip to change to the "move" option..

5. NPC/Loot Interaction: Is there a UI mod that will allow you to loot corpses or interact with NPC's via a single click? Right now it feels like every interaction requires 2 to 3 clicks and is very cumbersome...

Thanks in advance!
Unread 11-20-2007, 03:34 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

1. The camera height should normally be at about eye level so when you go into stealth your eye level goes down and the camera goes down. Have you tried a scout with a different race? I haven't played a sarnak since beta and there were camera height adjustments still being made so the devs may be still working on that. The sarnak model is the first model to use the new skeleton/bones system and it is actually based on the human bones so the sarnak model may have other animation issues still being ironed out.

2. Not easily. The text size in the chat window can be changed and the text size in chat bubbles can be changed. How far away are you from your screen? Typically a screen should be at about arm's distance.

3. Individual windows have Window Settings. Hotbars have Hotbar Settings. Bags have Bag Options. For general UI settings go to Options (ALT-O) - User Interface.

4. You should be able to drag any window from any non-active area. The mouse pointer should change into an arrow with a +. Press F10 to see the hidden border and size of each window. The window needs to be unlocked and click-through should be off in its Window Settings.

5. Go to Options - Controls and somewhere in there is an option called "activate default action with single click except for attack" or something like that. The default action is what you would get with a double click and is normally the first item in the right click menu. You can also get the default action by mousing over something and pressing the F key. That's what I use for harvesting, looting, opening doors, etc.

Visit Othesus World!