EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 02-12-2006, 09:58 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Neriak

sure i could add that in what side would you like it on the right or the left? let me know and ill get to it later today
chop
Unread 02-12-2006, 11:08 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle

Ok, well while you are taking requests

Heres what I would LIKE to see. Currently the bottom bar is arranged strangely, It goes: Atk, Avoid, Haste, <space> resists <space> DPS. Status, Parry

I think all of the combat stuff should be together and the status and run should be on the other side.

Status, Run, <space> resists <space> haste, dps, atk, avoid, parry

This is the way that makes most sense to me.

Also The way I have my screen arranged, I have my group window on the RIGHT side of the screen, and as such i have to keep my infection indicators hidden or my group ends up well inside the edge. Could it be possible that you could move the little infection indicators to the RIGHT side of the group members? That would rock.

Last, but not necessarily least, the combat indicator that another guy hacked in the player window works but its kinda small and sometimes hard to find in the heat of battle. Is there anything you can do to make it easier to see? Make the whole player window border flash, or the implied target border, or something?

Anyway, these are just requests any you cant do or dont feel like doing, dont. I really appreciate what you have done this far
Unread 02-12-2006, 11:31 AM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

The silver looks great chop, I've always disliked the gold theme. It's just too bad there are so many brown and beige UI elements and fonts nestled into the default UI that one would have to do a Fetish scale reskin to truly eliminate the browns.

Anyhoo, I like the bigger player window bars/font too. I was wondering if lollygager might be able to add the little flashing sword auto-attack indicator that somebody modded into the player window a few pages back in the thread. I had gotten used to having the attack indicator back in sight, it's a big help

Thanks
Unread 02-12-2006, 12:09 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Lucan DLere

Hello all those that are sustaining ProfitUI. I have a suggestion for all of you. Since it would apear that Profit has moved on and all of you are doing work to keep this UI on life support. Why don't you folks take it and give it proper justice and Re-release it as new? I found the new ProfitUI e was itt but then there is alot of other parts in other posts here. I'd suggest re-release it make a new discussion thread so that all the changes can be seen in one post and if you re-release allow for patches to be submitted by others. I'm getting so confused as it is right now. This is a good UI and you all are doing great work! Thanks
Unread 02-12-2006, 01:58 PM
A Griffon

I agree with the above poster. This thread is awfully long now, with issues, fixes, modifications and work-arounds scattered all over since Profit's disappearance. It'd be fantastic if one of you dedicated folks keeping this UI alive could make a re-release Profit thread . You could link the latest full download, along with any other mods released since by various individuals.
Of course it's easier said than done, and a bit more time consuming than I'd be able to handle, but I'm sure it'd be appreciated!
Unread 02-12-2006, 02:45 PM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Befallen
Default Auto-attack indicator added

Per Eloora's request to my player window mod, I've added the blinking auto-attack indicator.

//lollygagger
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml (16.8 KB, 388 views)
Unread 02-13-2006, 10:35 PM
A Griffon

Perfect, thanks lollygagger
Unread 02-13-2006, 11:03 PM
A Mist Grinnin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloora
I agree with the above poster. This thread is awfully long now, with issues, fixes, modifications and work-arounds scattered all over since Profit's disappearance. It'd be fantastic if one of you dedicated folks keeping this UI alive could make a re-release Profit thread . You could link the latest full download, along with any other mods released since by various individuals.
Of course it's easier said than done, and a bit more time consuming than I'd be able to handle, but I'm sure it'd be appreciated!
Upload a new file with a new name to the Complete Sets download area and upload the current add-ons in the patches area for that new UI. Then you can start a new thread for support for the 'community maintained' version.

Call it ProfitUI Lives! or Return of the ProfitUI or ProfitUI Revisited, you get the idea. 8)
Unread 02-15-2006, 01:26 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Kithicor
Default Hotkey Identifiers

Just a note:

The allow dragging and set icon size items do work in the fix, but the ability to see the hotkey identifiers (1 Ctrl-1 Alt-1 etc.) when you select view frame and titlebars doesn't work any longer, at least it doesn't for me, and I've tried both the 50% and 100% sets. Suggestions?
Unread 02-15-2006, 06:49 AM
A Griffon

Just installed the "e" version with the bottom bar thing and it looks great! and yea.. I dont see the numbers on the hotkey's anymore.. Never noticed it till I read the post just above this one...

Can someone please take a look at it.. Thanks
Unread 02-15-2006, 10:09 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Splitpaw

This UI looks amazing. I am new to EQ2 and I saw a screenshot of this UI and started to look into how to get ahold of it. Now I read that it is not supported by its original creator anymore, and that some new people are bringing it back alive. I would love if you could do a "official" release of it so I know what to download. Make a new post as some has suggested calling it "ProfitUIRevamped" or something.

Looking forward to using this UI.

//Nin
Unread 02-16-2006, 11:03 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Is it possible to extract the lower part "Target / Implied Target" bar and the Cast bar? I love those and would like to add those to my current UI. Anyone know what files I need to extract to be able to do that?

I am using ThorUI as my UI atm.

Thanks in Advance,
//Nin
Unread 02-16-2006, 11:26 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Simple

"Target / Implied Target" bar -> eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml
Cast bar -> eq2ui_mainhud_casting.xml

You can find these files at Profit UI Folder

Select these files .. copy & paste (overwrite yes~) to your UI Folder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nin
Is it possible to extract the lower part "Target / Implied Target" bar and the Cast bar? I love those and would like to add those to my current UI. Anyone know what files I need to extract to be able to do that?

I am using ThorUI as my UI atm.

Thanks in Advance,
//Nin
Unread 02-16-2006, 12:06 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunken7
"Target / Implied Target" bar -> eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml
Cast bar -> eq2ui_mainhud_casting.xml

You can find these files at Profit UI Folder

Select these files .. copy & paste (overwrite yes~) to your UI Folder
Thanks for the very fast reply Drunken. I appreciate it. And I got the bars in place.

However, their was no texture for it, so I managed to find the profit.tga file in images and I put in place. Now I got a texture, but it doesn't look like the anything in the picture I posted and it doesn't animate when casting or show any health updates, and there are no number either.

It looks to be a bit more complex. :/

//Nin
Unread 02-16-2006, 12:22 PM
A Brown Bear

Try the following :

in EQ2ui.xml in your custom ui folder put the following line :

<include>_ProfitStyles.xml</include>

also copy _ProfitStyles.xml into this folder
Unread 02-16-2006, 02:13 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunder40
Just installed the "e" version with the bottom bar thing and it looks great! and yea.. I dont see the numbers on the hotkey's anymore.. Never noticed it till I read the post just above this one...

Can someone please take a look at it.. Thanks
Some additional info on this.. it appears as if the hotkeys are cutoff on the bottom a bit. Maybe that is why the numbers are not showing up..

Just a thought
Unread 02-16-2006, 03:11 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Really missin' the hotkey numbers, lol
Unread 02-16-2006, 05:23 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beldin
Try the following :

in EQ2ui.xml in your custom ui folder put the following line :

<include>_ProfitStyles.xml</include>

also copy _ProfitStyles.xml into this folder
OMG it worked perfectly! A big thanks goes out to Drunken and Beldin for their quick and easy to understand help.

//Nin
Unread 02-17-2006, 05:27 AM
A Weald Wolf

I have been AFK some time, and I see many good people is working to make this UI work again, thanks

Is there a download with all updates so far? and is the UI working with all the server upgrades? and will it be prepared to new PvP servers when they go live?

Thanks

---
Unread 02-17-2006, 06:55 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiking
I have been AFK some time, and I see many good people is working to make this UI work again, thanks

Is there a download with all updates so far? and is the UI working with all the server upgrades? and will it be prepared to new PvP servers when they go live?

Thanks
Youcan download the "e" version that someone posted in this thread and also some additinoal files that were posted that have variosu efects.. I would suspect a full new release will show up in the download section eventually.

Thats what I did.. Worked perfectly..
Unread 02-17-2006, 07:17 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiricore
Really missin' the hotkey numbers, lol
hmmm.. I wonder if I can take the "Hotkey" window from the "D" version and copy it into my profit18 folder and overwrite the existing one. Would that maybebring back the numbers?

Just a thought...
Unread 02-17-2006, 08:54 AM
A Mist Grinnin

Default Hotkey Window

Here is the hotkey window I made to use with ProfitUI since the text labels on the included on did not work. I actually like this more, since it takes up less screen room.

This one is laid out with the bank selectors in the bottom right, but hidable via turning off Frames. The text labels are not hidable like the original ProfitUI, but that should not be an issue for those that with to use this.
Attached Files
File Type: zip eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.zip (1.6 KB, 285 views)
Unread 02-17-2006, 11:12 AM
A Griffon

Thanks a bunch.. Ill give it a try tonite.. !!!
Unread 02-17-2006, 03:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I was wonding when you have a chance too up grade the Journal that would show the quest reward in the journel after you have recived the quest

and Keep up the awsome work
Unread 02-17-2006, 03:52 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortis42
Here is the hotkey window I made to use with ProfitUI since the text labels on the included on did not work. I actually like this more, since it takes up less screen room.

This one is laid out with the bank selectors in the bottom right, but hidable via turning off Frames. The text labels are not hidable like the original ProfitUI, but that should not be an issue for those that with to use this.
Thanks for the update, however it's messing mine up a bit. I'll let the screenshot tell the rest.

Basically when I loaded the game up it placed almost a 2-hotkey-length gap between the last hotkey and the scroll arrows. I tried adjusting the width, but it always snaps the arrows into the last hotkey, thereby overlapping it.

This something I have set up incorrectly?

The good news is: at least the text overlays work!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000000.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	4591