EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 03-05-2007, 03:23 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Can't see Join date in Guild Window

Hiya Zonx!

First I've gotta say THANK YOU for the awesome UI!!!! I am very grateful for all of the hard work you put into it.

I do have one tiny little problem, and I'm really hoping you might be able to fix this. In the Fetish version of the UI window, the date a member joined the guild is almost completely cut off so I can't see it, even when I click their name. As a guild leader, this information is vital for me. I have always been forced to disable Fetish's version of the Guild window.

I don't know if it's cut off in all resolution settings, but I am playing in 1024 x 768 mode. If there is a way to fix this I would be VERY grateful. Otherwise I will just continue to revert to the default UI version of the Guild window.
Unread 03-07-2007, 08:31 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Please post a screenshot. Sounds like your fonts may be screwy. I've checked this several times and have never seen any clipping of the join date in the guild window.

Meanwhile, try the following...
1) Make sure you have the font XML files installed that were included in the zip.

2) Play with your font settings in the Game Options (Alt+O) window. There are settings to use smaller and unsmooth fonts that might help.
Unread 03-07-2007, 03:38 PM
A Sea Turtle

I will post a screenshot when I am able. The fonts are where they are supposed to be in the Fetish folder. And I've already fiddled with the font settings in the Options.

I've also just switched to 1280 x 960. I will reactivate the Guild window and if it's still happening I will post screenshots.
Unread 03-08-2007, 03:10 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Also saw your post regarding the chat window...

Have you installed any other mods or addons? If so, please list them.
Unread 03-08-2007, 07:42 AM
A Sea Turtle

No, yours is the only mod I am using. I intend to respond to the other thread, but probably tomorrow. It's very late and I'm falling asleep where I sit.
Unread 03-08-2007, 12:45 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

I installed a new monitor the other day, 1024x768 also, and had it only saying "Joined on". I had to switch back to my old monitor 800x600 *cries* and it gave the full joined on info. Didn't get a SS tho, but Im getting a new monitor today, if it happens again, I'll post one.
Unread 03-08-2007, 06:06 PM
A Sea Turtle

Okay. I got a screenshot taken of the guild window, so here it is:

I clicked my own name in the guild window and you can see on the right it shows "Joined On" but the date is cut off.

Also, I realized this screenshot shows one other minor issue with the experience window:

On the experience window, on the left hand side it shows 70.4%, but if you'll notice the bar itself is only filled to 69.4%. That number on the left is frequently (like 95% of the time) 1% higher then it actually is. Just something minor, and never bothered me too much, but I thought since I have a screenshot of it already, I'd post it.

Oy, I feel like I am suddenly unloading all of these issues I've been having with my UI. I've just gotta say though, thank you so much Zonx! This really is the best UI mod out there, I feel, and if I bring up any little issues like this it's just because I want to help make it even better! If I knew anything about UI modding I would offer to help! heh I appreciate all the time you put into this.
Unread 03-08-2007, 07:59 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Got the new monitor, same size as the last one(1024x768).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallyne.net
On the experience window, on the left hand side it shows 70.4%, but if you'll notice the bar itself is only filled to 69.4%. That number on the left is frequently (like 95% of the time) 1% higher then it actually is. Just something minor, and never bothered me too much, but I thought since I have a screenshot of it already, I'd post it.
That is a SOE bug with the numbers rounding improperly, not much can be done about it, except /bug it.

Last edited by Savie : 12-01-2011 at 09:28 PM.
Unread 03-09-2007, 01:13 AM
A Sea Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerianah
That is a SOE bug with the numbers rounding improperly, not much can be done about it, except /bug it.
Oooohhhh okay! heheh I never would have guessed it was SoE's problem, but now that i think about it it makes sense.
Unread 03-09-2007, 01:44 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

I wouldn't even call it an SOE problem or bug. The default UI xp bar works fine because the whole number is rounded. Only custom UI xp bars have a problem because they show the bottom progress number along with the whole number.
Unread 04-04-2007, 09:04 PM
A Sea Turtle

It's been awhile since I checked in here. But I'd like to give this a little nudge/bump.

My original post was about an issue with the join date being cut off in the guild window. I posted a picture above showing the exact problem.

Is there any way to fix this please? I have to disable Fetish's version of the guild window, as a guild leader I really need to see that.
Unread 04-05-2007, 05:59 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

I've seen a similar issue befor where certain vid drivers render fonts a tad bigger, which can cause things to wrap when they shouldn't. I'll tweak the joined field so its less likely to wrap.
Unread 04-07-2007, 03:17 PM
A Sea Turtle

Thanks Zonx!!

My computer actually fried itself the other day... So it will be a couple of months before I can fix it. (Planning to totally upgrade and take what parts I can salvage from the old system for the new one.) But I have the exact same problem with the join date on this computer. (Using my parent's new HP computer until I can fix mine, and no idea what the hardware on it is.) I guess it's just a coincidence that both computers have that problem.