EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 12-06-2006, 05:53 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Crushbone
Default Start Button Sound Settings

When I change the volume on the start bar every time i swap to a new toon or restart EQII the volume is reset. How can I have it louder and not reset itself?

Thanks. LOVE YOUR MOD... IT IS THE BEST!!!
Unread 12-06-2006, 08:26 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

As stated in the version notes...

Open eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml in Notepad. The first page object contains 3 properties VolMaster, VolMusic, VolCombat. Each accepts a value from 0 - 20 that can't include a decimal. For reference, each increment translates to 0.05 in-game.

Note: these values are only applied when you first click the expand button and might not be saved to your settings.ini. You should probably also use Game Options to set your standard volume levels just to be sure they are saved to the ini.
Unread 12-12-2006, 01:28 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
As stated in the version notes...

Open eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml in Notepad. The first page object contains 3 properties VolMaster, VolMusic, VolCombat. Each accepts a value from 0 - 20 that can't include a decimal. For reference, each increment translates to 0.05 in-game.

Note: these values are only applied when you first click the expand button and might not be saved to your settings.ini. You should probably also use Game Options to set your standard volume levels just to be sure they are saved to the ini.
I understand what you are saying but it is not staying even when i set it in my options. and the settings in the mainhud startbutton file are already at /20 but it always starts at .5 for all the sliders in game.

Is there a way to just get rid of this section of the start button LOVE the rest of it though. Your UI is the best... this is the only problem i am having.
Unread 12-12-2006, 02:15 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

If you can't get it to work and don't want any of the volume controls, you could use the 7.5 version if you still have that zip.

Note: if its not saving any volume settings, you may have other problems like a bad settings file.
Unread 12-12-2006, 10:11 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
If you can't get it to work and don't want any of the volume controls, you could use the 7.5 version if you still have that zip.

Note: if its not saving any volume settings, you may have other problems like a bad settings file.
Unfortunately I dont have the 7.5 zip any longer.
Unread 12-12-2006, 10:58 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Ok I'll post that version as an add-on.
Unread 12-12-2006, 11:23 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Thank you SO VERY MUCH
Unread 12-14-2006, 03:42 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Ok I'll post that version as an add-on.
Havent seen this add on yet any clue when it will be available? Thank you
Unread 12-14-2006, 04:59 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

I've attatched the startbutton from 7.5 to this thread =)
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml (4.5 KB, 342 views)
Unread 12-14-2006, 10:53 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon
I've attatched the startbutton from 7.5 to this thread =)
Thank you Ill try it out tomorrow
Unread 01-06-2007, 11:41 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

I'm not sure where it's coming from, but something is resetting the main options window to match your original start button sound settings EVERY DAMN TIME!

I've deleted every .cfg and .ini file in the EQ2 folder and edited the eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton volume values. restarted the program, set the volume levels to default. Closed the program. Restarted the program and lo' the fetish levels are reset... right from the initial loading screen.

Are you setting volume levels in some other file as well?

It's not an deal-breaker, but I'm a bit hard of hearing, and having the master volume set so low on log-in means I really have to strain to hear the opening music... kind of bugs me.
Unread 01-06-2007, 12:37 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimjakk
I'm not sure where it's coming from, but something is resetting the main options window to match your original start button sound settings EVERY DAMN TIME!

I've deleted every .cfg and .ini file in the EQ2 folder and edited the eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton volume values. restarted the program, set the volume levels to default. Closed the program. Restarted the program and lo' the fetish levels are reset... right from the initial loading screen.

Are you setting volume levels in some other file as well?

It's not an deal-breaker, but I'm a bit hard of hearing, and having the master volume set so low on log-in means I really have to strain to hear the opening music... kind of bugs me.
Grimm Just go up 2 replies above yours and there is a link for the 7.5 Startbutton I had to do the same thing and someone finally put the link up. that way you dont have to worry about the volume settings.
Unread 01-16-2007, 12:18 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:

Zonx,

As a follow up - I copied the previous version of the eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml into the current UI directory and my sound problems went away. With the new version, I too was getting my sound levels reset to default values. All of them - not just the music, but also the 3d effects, ambient, interface, et al.

I went through the whole shebang of rebuilding my ini files to no effect, but replacing the new start button with the old eliminated this odd behavior.

Edit: I even manually set the volume in all the .ini files I could find. It seems like something is throwing a fault and setting everything back to defaults.

Obligatory dancing banana:

Thanks for all the work on the UI, man!

Last edited by Trepan : 01-16-2007 at 12:31 AM.