EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 10-28-2004, 07:19 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Default While we are waiting

What ya gonna miss about your EQ 1 toons ?? or are ya?

I asked alot of people in EQ 1 if they were planing on playing EQ 2 and 9 out of 10 said no way were they gunna move to EQ 2 cause they got too much time invested into their toons!! I'm gunna miss my Froglok Wizard .. had alot of fun with him and the porting around instead of walkin was cool... but im looking forward to adventuring and looking in every nook and cranny now!

I cant believe not moving to a newer game like this!! ( other than maybe old comp that can't handle it) Its got better graphics and content! I mean come on these guys know what works and what doesnt so hopfully they put in all the fun stuff and took out all the boring stuff.. like sittin on yur arse medding for days!!! ( not gunna miss that part of the Wizz lol)
Unread 10-28-2004, 07:24 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Antonia Bayle

Hehe yea. To be honest, I actually was never really into EQ1. I played it briefly, had a lot of fun with it but I've been stuck on FFXI most of the last few months. I think it was cos i joined EQ kind of late, and when I was running around I mostly saw players at level 50 and up. But its cool and I got a bit tired of FFXI. EQ2 is definitely gonna take up a lot of my time this next while.

*refreshes inbox*
Unread 10-28-2004, 07:25 PM
A Forest Scavenger

I dropped my account shortly after POP came out. My guild disbanded. We were a strong guild at one time back before Kunark #1 guild. We split up then and a couple other guilds formed they where ahead of us on new content but not by far. PoP killed us cause a lot of people wouldnt get flagged then when they came back to play 2 months later wanted to raid but couldnt get in the new zones... was bad all around. Anyway I quit then and I will tell you what I missed the most... MY FRIENDS /sigh

I have been waiting on EQ2 for almost a year and 1/2 now.
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Beta 1

Farewell, mistium, I will miss her so.
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Server: Blackburrow

I retired 2 months ago with a 65 monk, 65 beastlord, 56 cleric, 52 paladin, so on and so on.. what ill miss tho is walking naked from Freeport to Qeynos dreading Kithicor forest at night because your toon is lvl 7 and theres no druid or wizzy high enough on Tholuxe Paells yet to port you. and for any of you who reply with "take the book" . . . . . Heres your sign..
Unread 10-28-2004, 07:30 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

I just got started playing EQ 1 last year and only because i wanted to learn how that type of game was played cause i knew EQ 2 was comming. thought it might make EQ 2 better by knowing the story and such. A couple of friends have played since it came out and told me alot about how it used to be and they liked it better b4 pop too. They liked that it took ya a while to get from plac to place without just zap yur there .. more adventurous. I did make a couple of really nice friends there and got a few email addresses so we can play EQ 2 together.

hey BTW what happened to dexterity? is that now just agility... that would make sense cause in EQ 1 a never saw much use for Agi. So might as well merge the two!

Last edited by Stilletto : 10-28-2004 at 07:39 PM.
Unread 10-28-2004, 07:42 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

I had a 59 Wiz a 53 pally and a 45 Bst
I'm glad i played a Bst kinda got them outta my system.. they seemed to have a bit of every class.. only thing they missin was a good root or snare!! I wont miss um in EQ2 they just seemed too powerful. but fun for the end of eq 1
Unread 10-29-2004, 01:08 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

I hadn't played EQI since Janurary and even then it was mostly just raids (if at all). I don't miss it. With my hours of work (12am to 12pm), everytime i logged on I was either forced to two box with my shaman, or go LFG almost endlessly. Thus is why solo'ing is an important option for me. Unforunately, EQII gives me that same feeling as EQI (required grouping), which is why I'm not really all for it.

I had a lvl 65 IKS Mnk (Elm) and a lvl 57 IKS Shm (Ornated equipped).

Last edited by guice : 10-29-2004 at 04:54 AM.
Unread 10-29-2004, 02:40 AM
A Grizzled Badger

I still play EQ1 and don't know if i can give it up completely, i have too many friends that aren't going and my guild is like my family BUT i will more than likely play both....just don't know how well i can juggle them or how often i will be on EQ1 LOL
Unread 10-29-2004, 06:59 AM
A Brown Bear

I got quite into the bazaar at one point - thought it was quite a neat part of the game - not sure what eq2 has in store for us in that respect.

I loved porting groups around as my wizard, my wiz could get out of almost any sticky situation, but was difficult to solo with in some parts of the game.

I loved kiting a ridiculous number of mobs with my bard for 20 mins and then watching them fall one by one as my xp went up, - I am interested to see what character tricks develop in eq2.

I will miss a couple of very good friends too, hopefully we'll meet up again.
Unread 10-29-2004, 07:03 AM
A Brown Bear

Oh - just read Tinr's thread about bazaar - v. helpful, answered my above question
Unread 10-30-2004, 04:12 PM
A Brown Bear

Lightbulb

I think of RPG characters like flowers.

"life is repetition... this is its beauty.... repetition is life's daily bread, which satisifies and blesses. ... In repetition inheres the earnestness and reality of life. Whoever wills repetition proves himself to be in possession of a pathos that is serious and mature."---Kierkegaard
Unread 10-30-2004, 04:32 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

I myself have not played for a few months as well. I have a 62 Druid, 53 Ranger on a second account because you can only play one on FV, 35 Beatlord and a 35 mage.

I will keep both for a while I am sure. Sooner or later EQ will have to go and then I will miss my druid a bit. I will be playing a Dwarven Fury in EQ2 so hope it will fill the spot!
Unread 10-31-2004, 12:41 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

I'll definately miss the friends. It's a wierd feeling to have more friends in a game then in RL, and there's nothing like zoning into a zone, calling out "Enchanter LFG!" and getting three replies from people you know all wanting you to come to their group. =)

~Sariig
Unread 10-31-2004, 01:16 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Beta 1

I've been playing EQ since one month after release, and have a 66 EPlanes Cleric. Will I miss playing him? Probably, but EQ1 is getting old and it's time for somewhere new, a place to start over. I will miss all my friends in EQ1 but I'm sure to make many more in EQ2.