EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 07-04-2008, 01:30 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Missing poi markers on most maps..

I have been trying in vain to fix this myself but the problem is beyond me. I have been using fetish for quite some time now and I love it. In fact I don't want to play the game without it.
My problems is for almost any large zone maps they are all missing the poi markers. Instance zones dont seem to be affected for some reason, and also Sinking sands is fine (could be a problem with scrolling maps Im not sure). I have tried deleting the fetishNightfall directory and re-extracting it all then updating eqmaps(yes I have the fetishNightfall ui selected in options)but that doesnt fix it. The map selector at the bottom of the maps are also not selectable. To my knowledge all other parts of the ui are working fine. I was able to get poi points to appear for Nek forest by reextracting a couple files from the zip file, I forget exactly which ones but the mainhud was one and some skinnable files but it didnt work for all the maps just Nek? go figure.
I have had all this working before so I am at a loss as to whats wrong.

My system specs (if needed)
-Intel Core2 Quad 2.66 ghz
- 4 gigs of ram
- windows Vista Ultimate(grrrrrrr)

Last edited by Zaegar : 07-04-2008 at 03:10 PM.
Unread 07-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Have you ran the EQ2MAP auto-updater? The version of EQ2MAP included with the Fetish Nightfall distribution isn't completely up-to-date. Since you're using Vista, if you have UAC enabled you'll have to run the updater as an Administrator (unless EQ2 isn't installed in Program Files).
Unread 07-04-2008, 09:16 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanx for the reply. Yes I ran the EQ2map updater regularly and as Administrator. Eq2 is also installed in the default location C:/programfiles/sony...etc.
Unread 07-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaegar View Post
Thanx for the reply. Yes I ran the EQ2map updater regularly and as Administrator. Eq2 is also installed in the default location C:/programfiles/sony...etc.
Hmm. Can you confirm that when you're using the updater, it is listing fetish as the directory that it is installing the maps into?
Unread 07-04-2008, 09:34 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yes inside the options of the EQ2map updater I have fetishNightfall selected for the ui
Unread 07-05-2008, 02:12 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I deleted the fetish folder and re-extracted the file and ran and updated EQ2 maps again. Now the map window is the regular EQ2 settings. The waypoint line is at the bottom unlike Fetishes which is at the top and there are no map selectors at the bottom. However the poi's are back. Although if I have the map open and I zone from say Nek to enchanted lands the map pops back as blank (No Poi's) but if I close it and reopen it they are all there. All other aspects of the fetish UI are there and working perfectly. I can work with this for now.
Unread 07-05-2008, 10:15 AM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Nektulos

My two cents:

The Fetish parts of the map are supplied by files which replace place-holders supplied by EQMAP. Here are some things to check.

(1) In directory FetishNightfall/eq2map are all the actual maps, as *.xml files. You could try deleting one of these, and re-running the EQMAP updater - it should replace (just) that one file.

(2) This same directory contains 10 files with the names of "plugin_?.xml". These provide the additional control features to the map window. The place-holders supplied by EQMAP have a size of 1002 bytes (except for plugin_10.xml, which is 1003 bytes). Fetish supplies new versions of plugin_2, plugin_3, and plugin_4. Make sure these three files are "different" (They have sizes of 5366, 5387, and 120902 bytes, respectively).

(3) This same directory contains three files that supply the Fetish look to the map window - skinnable_Skinnable_Styles.xml, skinnable_WindowElements.xml and skinnable_LocationImages.xml. They should be 11827, 19124, and 1277 bytes in size.
Unread 07-05-2008, 01:30 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

All the files that you mentioned seem to me to get updated by the EQ2map updater since it is run after I extracted Fetish. Is that the way it should be? or should I now reextract just those files you mentioned from the fetish zip file?
Unread 07-05-2008, 01:56 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ok here is an update. The maps were working before the only thing was it didnt have the fetish ui on them but all the poi's were there. The only thing was if I had the map opened and I zoned I had to close the map and reopen it for the poi's on that zone to show up. I reextracted plugin 2,3 and4 from the fetish zip as well as the 3 skinnable files. When I logged back into game the map window had the Fetish ui look to it but there were some odd draw backs. First off when I logged in I was in Timorous Deep and the map looked all Fetish except it didnt have the map selector menus on the bottom. I went from there to SS and the map selectors appeared on the bottom but they didnt work but the map showed all the poi's. I then went from there to Freeport then to Nek. The map for Nek at zone in had no Poi's, I closed the map and reopened and then they showed. Now it gets wierd, I zoned from there to Lavastorm, again the map showed no poi's so I closed it and opened it and now the map was Nek with all the Poi's. Now though the map selector on the bottom worked and it allowed me to change to Lavastorm from there and it had some Poi's but I dont think it had all of them, it looked kind of sparse.
Anyway just to clarify the installation is supposed to be unzip Fetish to C:\Programfiles\Sony\Everquest2 then install and run EQ2map installer making sure that the UI in the options has Fetish selected right? You shouldnt have to reextracted any files from the zip over the updates right?
Unread 07-05-2008, 02:33 PM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Nektulos

Once you have EQMAP installed, the EQMAP updater should only update the map xml files in fetishnightfall/eq2map. It should never touch files beginning with skinnable_* or plugin_* - those are supposed to be modable, to support map custimaizations (like Fetish). Thus, it should not be necessary to re-extract part of a fetishnightfall zip.

The business about the wrong map showing when you zone with the map open has happened to me, too. Like you, I just close and open to reset it.

So: I have run out of ideas to suggest.
Unread 07-05-2008, 03:58 PM
EQ2MAP Developer
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

Check if its the eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml file, copy the one from the arcive and make it read-only this way it won't get updated.
Unread 07-06-2008, 06:11 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Since SOE changed how the map works (added zoom and resize) the EQ2Maps code has been changed more than once. It appears that somewhere along the line, code that forced the map window to close upon zoneing was removed. This can cause problems loading the POIs for the new zone. I've been told this is a problem with standard EQ2Maps.

Workaround: Try to remeber to close the map window before you zone. This should avoid the POI problem. If for whatever reason your map still gets bugged, use the Fetish Map Menus to select the correct map, then hit the "S" button to set that as the correct map.