EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 10-29-2004, 10:54 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Better Class

What class is better a Necromancer or Conjurer? and why? Also what would be the best race for those classes?

Last edited by ziabis : 10-29-2004 at 11:02 AM.
Unread 10-29-2004, 11:36 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziabis
What class is better a Necromancer or Conjurer? and why? Also what would be the best race for those classes?
Necro and conjurer are very similar, the real difference between the 2 would be starting city. Necros are in Freeport, Conjurers are in Qeynos. The best race would be Erudite, because they have the most starting intelligence. 30 i think.

Unread 10-29-2004, 12:06 PM
A Griffawn

could you post some pictures of the pets?

So you cant be a necromancer if your a gnome/mage in Qeynos?
Unread 10-29-2004, 12:21 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziabis
Thats rather subjective. They're both similar so as long as you like apples, whether you pick the Granny Smith or the Red Delicious is up to your personal tastes.
Unread 10-29-2004, 12:33 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averad
So you cant be a necromancer if your a gnome/mage in Qeynos?
Right, necros train in freeport, conjuers in qeynos.

see this thread for a list of what classes are in what cities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averad
could you post some pictures of the pets?
I've got pet pics of a fire snake thingy, a wimpy beatle, and an awesome spider. i haven't loggin in since the patch tho, if i see anything i'll post it.

Unread 10-29-2004, 01:44 PM
A Griffon

well I could'nt resist posting on this...

Alright, I'm a 16 summoner right now and lvl 9 crafter as my main. Couple things I'd like to mention here.

One, the best race is not necessarily a erudite at all. I'm an erudite but I would'nt boast being the best. Gnomes and dark elves are just as good. Considering that by the time you hit level caps... it does'nt really matter because you should have some of the best gear in the game which will cap your intelligence. That considered... all the races are relatively equal at the highest levels. Then gnomes who can tinker, some consider that race to be the best. Of course, races offer certain skills and traits so you should take a look at those in really deciding what you want to be. I've personally bumped into a few necros and conjurers at higher levels who have told me it does'nt matter to much. Sure enough, couple of them were gnomes and dark elves.

Secondly, when it comes to selecting which one you think is better... thats a mute point. They are truly equal with all things considered. Conjurers on one hand dish out slightly more damage at a quicker rate than a necro. They also have slightly better group buffs. Necros however can self heal and debuff their opponents with poisons making them one of the best if not the best soloing class in the game just like the original EQ. Personally, I'm going the conjurer route cause as of right now, still, nothing seem to be out damaging the conjurer class. Even though its a very MINOR difference between them, wizards and warlocks. I will also make the boast and claim its slightly harder playing the summoning classes compared to most of the other classes and beyond because of the different things you'll need to pay attention too... especially solo anyways.

My personal opinion, play the one that screams you the most.

/salute

--Esperant