Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 10-17-2004, 01:48 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: The Bazaar
Default Taleisin's Lost Journal

|| little bit of history ||

The Year 2116 of the Age of War,

Here follows the account of Vumelven Everling the 13th; Field General of the Army for the United Races of Norrath,

____Day 1____

12th year of this war now, and it is now I am questioning my decision to join the forces who have gathered in Qeynos, with me I brought 6 legions of fellow Drow who saw past the corrupt and deceitful ways of our so called creator Innoruuk.

The Sleeper.. the one who was woken, befriended the fiends of Freeport and now stands at war with the rest of norrath....

Tonight is the 5th meeting of the secret council, rumors are spreading fast that the races of norrath are going to unite against the sleeper and those who fight with him.. our numbers are too few now, but I will follow Princess into battle.. it's my sworn duty now,

____Day 2____

Rumors sometimes have a way of bringing things around that were not meant to pass, within our meeting, of which I cannot give detail due to the secrecy, the rumor was discussed and it was agreed, the clans of the north men have already united and now they martch to my encampment of Drow and Halflings; to join us in the major offensive on the next full moon.

____Day 3____

First armys of the north men have arrived and already there is nothing but drunkenness and disorder.. what else was I to expect from overgrown dwarfs... The only plus I see to these warriors from the north is the fact they include females in their army, a nice sight for old drowish eyes.. still I wish my people would enlist our females, there is just something about pointy ears and blue skin ~swoon~

____Day 4____

Total shock, in the early hours before the dreaded light, my scouts saw a horde of orc marching towards us, fresh from their own encampments in the commonlands. I sent archers however the archers did not fire because of the flags of truce the orcs carried; and now these orcs are waiting peacefully in my camp awaiting me to speak to their leader.. Arshiss give me the strength to deal with this...

~~~~

Orc Leader: Dar sleeper we sees is evil, leaving of gods, removed wool from ours eyes

Vumelven: So now you wish to fight for good and help save norrath?

Orc Leader: Yesh, we brung many warriors, and wimmins to keep the warriors fresh. Would you like me to set a few for yur use?

Vumelven: no thats alright as long as you help us fight the sleeper and his armys tomorrow (*inner thought*) "I think I'd rather have a Gnome with skin infection over a orc female"

Orc Leader: We's going to go rest for battle on morrow, good lucks to yu

Vumelven: Good Eve Orc..

~~~~

Time for sleep, I think I'll send in my rogues with the unstable manabatteries into freeport tomorrow, I'm sure that will disrupt the sleeper's armys enough to let us win this battle...

____Day 5____

I hope I did the right thing, firstly the rogues have not returned, and though I have scouts it's easy enough to hear the explosions in freeport from the manabatterie bombs that were placed. I can only hope the rogues weren't caught in the explosions.. or worse yet.. caught by the enemy.. in one hour we move without them regardless.

-a hour later-

everyone is ready, and I've given the order, steady on my friends, if this day is to be our last, lets make it a good last.

-several hours later-

our engagement of the enemy didn't go as I hoped, we were flanked by a race of rats, evolved by the sleeper's evil magic I can only assume, our front is weak and our supplies cut off.. and now of all things I find myself drug back to my tent after getting a poisoned arrow to my heart.. I know I wont last long.. I'm still in shock over the elfs.. when the dwarfs and gnomes came to qeynos saying faydwer and their cities were destroyed, we waited but recieved no word from the highelfs nor the sylven elfs.. thinking they were destroyed was sad.. but even worse they are fighting with the sleeper!.. couldn't they see his evil? Many Erudite are fighting with them as well... I just don't know what has come over them... as I write this I can hear the enemy moving closer.. has the front fallen?.. or did they simply push forward some... I don't know.

!@! CRACK!! THOOM!! ~@~

(nice sound affects huh?)

the explosion shook the land, I've stumbled out of my tent now as I gaze up into the once sunny sky I see a dark haze coming from Luclin.. what has happened?... the armys of the enemy are all running in retreat.. my armys are simply running but unsure where to go... soon the reality of what just happened hits me.. as I see large pieces of earth falling from where the moon should be... Luclin has been shattered.. what could have done this? could not have been the gods, they all left years ago...

...the pain in my body from the poison is almost too much to write.. I'm going soon...

my last sight on this world at least is a good one.. I can now see the sleeper in the distance.. a large piece of earth sticking out of his back.. obvious he is dead now... rocks are falling all around me, my army is being killed, as well as the enemys.. I feel strange... my life should be fading from me yet I feel this warmth... my soul is leaving me....

where am I goi...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000001.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	264.6 KB
ID:	44  

Last edited by Sir Taleisin The Seer : 10-27-2004 at 06:22 PM.
Unread 10-27-2004, 02:34 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: The Bazaar

The Year 1 of the Age of Faction,

Blue flashes flood my mind.. there is a blinding light, my hair soaked, my skin strangly pink now.. I remember the final war.. at least I think I do, my mind a bit distracted from the image of my perfect Drow form ripped from my soul... now what am I... More blue flashes, I'm in the water; a name comes to mind, but as tears come to my eyes in this great ocean the name fades.. my mind slips.. and there is darkness, peaceful, warmth... darkness...

I feel nothing now, as if the stars and the gods have gone silent... where is the rider and the horse?...

LIFE... in me again, or is it me? My hair still soaked, I am not floating in the deep blue.... aboard a ship now, do we even remember my name?...

<Rest of Page is torn, Taleisin's Journal is out there somewhere>
<IE* Stay Tuned for a bigger story>
This was the original post, but it didn't make sense to have a new journal infront of the old one - Taleisin