EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 09-22-2007, 05:02 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Splash Screen

Hello again. A quick question regarding the Splash Screen that displays while loading the game.

Is there a difference between the Classic and Nightfall files in reference to the colors used for the fade effect?

I recently did an update using FNF v9.1 files and I just can't tell if the screens are different or if it's just my imagination. I don't honestly recall seeing purple on that screen in the past.

Any insight would be highly appreciated. Thank you kindly.
Unread 09-24-2007, 02:12 PM
A Griffon

Ok, I've looked into this further and I'm completely baffled.

This is how it looks on System 2 (and on System 1 before the problem began): eq2_splash01.jpg

Here is how it looks on System 1 now: eq2_splash02.jpg

I completely removed all UI Files (including the Default) from System 1 and have replaced them with the files from System 2 & a Full File Scan. Yet the problem remains.

Please help...this doesn't effect gameplay what so ever but it's quite frustration not knowing what I did wrong. Plus I would LOVE to the original screen back just because it looks so nice.
Unread 09-25-2007, 11:05 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

I'm not sure what causes it, but I have the same issue with the overlay being gone, on my laptop. It's not from modifying anything, because I never tinkered with that window on my laptop.

But it never really bothered me enough to look deeply into it, heh.
Unread 09-25-2007, 02:32 PM
A Griffon

Thank you for the response. It just bothered me mostly since I thought that I had screwed something up. Then when I replaced all the files with the ones from the other system that still works properly and that didn't fix the issue it started to drive me nuts.

While I can certainly live with it as is I would still love to get the overlay back since it looks so damn good that way.
Unread 09-25-2007, 05:46 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Looks suspiciously like the background image is missing or corupted on System 2. That background image should be located in the default directory, but may have been removed from the patcher at some point. Its original art, as in preDOF, so SOE may have removed it from more recent installers and might not be pushing it with the patcher.
Unread 09-26-2007, 01:57 AM
A Griffon

Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...

Sure enough, it ended up being the images\frontend\epilepsy.dds file that was missing from the Default directory. The other file that's referenced from the default directory is images\frontend\splash_logos.dds according to the eq2ui_loginscene.xml file so I just copied both from the other system over to the Fetish folder so that I won't lose them again.

Sorry that I didn't mention the fact that I had removed my Default directory in it's entirety prior to running the Full File Scan but it just didn't even cross my mind. I know better than that but I was so wrapped up in looking for custom file variations in dates, sizes and content.

Thank you both for you help on resolving this issue. Now I can go back to relaxing without having to feel so bad for having screwed something up. Plus, now I have the better looking splash screen back.
Unread 11-18-2007, 01:40 AM
A Griffon

I had to re-install FetishNightfall v9.5 from scratch tonight and noticed that the Splash screen was missing. Since the EQ2 Updater no longer downloads that particular file it might be a good idea to include it in the Fetish package so that new users to the game can get the full effect of the Splash screen.

It looks too good with it to not have it as part of the download.

Just a suggestion and sorry for the necro post.
Unread 12-04-2007, 10:40 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Befallen

So I am to understand that the reason all I see is a purple background fade with the EQ2 words on it (no background image, just the color) is because I am missing a file? Since I just reinstalled EQ2 and Fetish from scratch, I don't have that image anywhere.

I tried to replace all the occurrences of "images/frontend/epilepsy.dds" with "images/splashbkg.dds". As may be obvious to anyone that has any clue what they are doing, it didn't work. BTW I do not place myself into that camp. To be absolutely honest I don't have the first clue about this stuff. I understand in theory how XML works, but that's it.

Is there a simple way to just get the default login (splash) screen back? I tried just renaming eq2ui_loginscene.xml in the fetish directory but then what I get is the normal splash screen in like 640x480 resolution at the top left of the screen. Kinda annoying. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.
Unread 12-04-2007, 01:51 PM
A Griffon

Here is a zip with the missing file that will work with the default setup of Fetish. Place this file within the Fetish.../images/frontend directory (which you may have to create): Link
Unread 12-06-2007, 11:51 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

awesome - thanks
Unread 12-06-2007, 05:30 PM
A Griffon

BIG difference isn't it?
Unread 12-09-2007, 09:08 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Up