EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 05-25-2010, 01:35 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Oasis
Exclamation Cant see New Halas on creation page

I have updated the Fetish and eq2maps.. but when i made a new char for New Halas, i cannot see New Halas on the Selection map in creation. please help. I cannot see no names or Icons on the map other than Kelethin. I did fix <include>eq2ui_popup_travelmap.xml</include> in my interface for my general map problems and i can visit New Halas with my other characters and it shows up in game just not the character Creation map.

Any suggestions?
Unread 05-25-2010, 01:40 PM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Guk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleena View Post
I have updated the Fetish and eq2maps.. but when i made a new char for New Halas, i cannot see New Halas on the Selection map in creation. please help. I cannot see no names or Icons on the map other than Kelethin. I did fix <include>eq2ui_popup_travelmap.xml</include> in my interface for my general map problems and i can visit New Halas with my other characters and it shows up in game just not the character Creation map.

Any suggestions?
I'm having the same trouble. had to delete fetish till it is fixed
Unread 05-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Delete eq2ui_newcharscene2.xml and you should be able to create new characters in New Halas.
Unread 05-25-2010, 02:01 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

No need to delete fetish or any files, just tell it to use the default EQ2 configs for the screens that have not been updated.

Simply add

<include>eq2ui_newcharscene2.xml</include>

to the eq2ui_popup.xml in your fetish folder before the closing </page> tag, as this is the window for the new character selection starting area.

Hope this helps!
Unread 05-25-2010, 02:01 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzlestick View Post
No need to delete fetish or any files, just tell it to use the default EQ2 configs for the screens that have not been updated.

Simply add

to the eq2ui_popup.xml in your fetish folder before the closing </page> tag, as this is the window for the new character selection starting area.

Hope this helps!
That is incorrect. You need to delete or rename the newcharscene file because it is NOT a new file. It is an updated file and a copy of the old version is included in Fetish.
Unread 05-25-2010, 02:11 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
That is incorrect. You need to delete or rename the newcharscene file because it is NOT a new file. It is an updated file and a copy of the old version is included in Fetish.
I have done and tested it using the exact procedure I mentioned. You have done so and it has not worked for you? It worked fine here.

All I did was sort the modified file date for my default ui folder since the patch, added them all to fetish UI config, removed one by one till I identified which file it was. Simple process of elimination.

Last edited by wizzlestick : 05-25-2010 at 02:15 PM.
Unread 05-25-2010, 02:34 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
I have done and tested it using the exact procedure I mentioned. You have done so and it has not worked for you? It worked fine here.

All I did was sort the modified file date for my default ui folder since the patch, added them all to fetish UI config, removed one by one till I identified which file it was. Simple process of elimination.
You had to of removed or copies the newcharsel2 file to fetish for that to work. If its working then kudos but your method of simply adding the include would still pull the file in fetish folder in if its there. Or if not grab the one from the Default UI
Unread 05-25-2010, 02:47 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
You had to of removed or copies the newcharsel2 file to fetish for that to work. If its working then kudos but your method of simply adding the include would still pull the file in fetish folder in if its there. Or if not grab the one from the Default UI
I swear I did nothing of that sort or I would have listed that in the instructions, honest I don't work with the UI or anything and this is a fresh install of EQ2/Fetish (as of a week), but I was thinking perhaps it was looking at the last modified dates in the event there was an xml config in both folders (using the most recent) but again I have no experience with it other than what I did today to fix the issue.

I guess my situation is an oddity then, no worries was just posting to help
Unread 05-25-2010, 03:14 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
I swear I did nothing of that sort or I would have listed that in the instructions, honest I don't work with the UI or anything and this is a fresh install of EQ2/Fetish (as of a week), but I was thinking perhaps it was looking at the last modified dates in the event there was an xml config in both folders (using the most recent) but again I have no experience with it other than what I did today to fix the issue.

I guess my situation is an oddity then, no worries was just posting to help
Are you sure you're talking about the right file? The newcharscene is already included elsewhere, so why would you include it in the eq2ui_popup.xml file?

If it worked for you, it must have done so for some strange reason.
Unread 05-25-2010, 03:41 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Are you sure you're talking about the right file? The newcharscene is already included elsewhere, so why would you include it in the eq2ui_popup.xml file?

Yep, the same exact file I added an include for the travel map fix I simply added another include just below it.

My file under EQ2/UI/FetishNightfall/eq2ui_popup.xml was the only file I had modified. No file copies or renames or anything of that sort was done.

And I just added these two elements to <Page>

<include>eq2ui_popup_travelmap.xml</include>

I have even attached the file for what it's worth, which again was the only file modified in any way.

I did check the eq2ui_newcharscene2.xml in the FetishNightfall folder and saw no reference to Halas as I would expect, and the eq2ui_newcharscene2.xml file in the default EQ2/Default ui folder did have that reference. This is why I just assumed it was checking the most recent modified date when the include was present, but only since I had to make some logical assumption as to why this was happening since the general consensus here seems to be that this cannot be.

Welp hope thats enough info :P
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_popup.xml (1.8 KB, 276 views)
Unread 05-25-2010, 09:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Yep, the same exact file I added an include for the travel map fix I simply added another include just below it.

My file under EQ2/UI/FetishNightfall/eq2ui_popup.xml was the only file I had modified. No file copies or renames or anything of that sort was done.

And I just added these two elements to <Page>

<include>eq2ui_popup_travelmap.xml</include>

I have even attached the file for what it's worth, which again was the only file modified in any way.

I did check the eq2ui_newcharscene2.xml in the FetishNightfall folder and saw no reference to Halas as I would expect, and the eq2ui_newcharscene2.xml file in the default EQ2/Default ui folder did have that reference. This is why I just assumed it was checking the most recent modified date when the include was present, but only since I had to make some logical assumption as to why this was happening since the general consensus here seems to be that this cannot be.

Welp hope thats enough info :P
I did exactly this, word for word with a fresh install of 11.3 and it worked perfectly.

EDIT: Ok, let me correct myself... It did NOT work perfectly. It worked, but it also killed most of the Fetish UI. I lost the character level stuff, the Fetish Interface button, and the ability, for some reason, to move my buttons around on my hotbar.

While I can make a character in New Halas, I'm not able to do anything with him until I change it back to the default, and then I lose the ability to travel thru the world.

Last edited by Necrophon : 05-27-2010 at 01:39 AM.
Unread 05-26-2010, 08:08 AM
A Griffon

Server: Test

newchar has already been updated right here on this link..

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=14248

Just place it in your fetish folder.. overwrite existing one.. nothing to delete..

Eshaac

Signature created by Seagoat..
Unread 05-27-2010, 01:16 AM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Quote:

This is what I was wondering too since eq2_newcharscen2 isn't a pop file and is actually included already in eq2_ui.xml or the custom file. When I added the include to the popup.xml file I could see new halas for creating toons but the UI that was loaded as default because that line broke the UI and gave a large amount of errors of objects outside containers etc.

This was on a fresh install of 11.3 of course this was for testing because I myself use Profit

Strange it didn't break the UI for those that did use this method but looks like some patched files are now available for it.