EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 02-27-2006, 04:44 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default dmg text and xp text mod , is there such a thing?

Id like to make the dmg text a little bigger if possible.. you know when you hit an opponent and the dmg numbers pop up on your screen , .. id like to make it bigger , "wow" had a mod called scrolling combat text , and that let you change the size of the numbers.. also id like to see how much xp im gettin after i kill a mob .. just like in "wow" how the xp would pop up like a dmg number on your screen .. i dont know if these exist already , pls let me know if it does or if somebody can make this mod..
Unread 02-27-2006, 08:18 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

If you're referring to the numbers that float off the top of the mob's (or your own) head, there is no mod that can change the size of it. The only way I can think of to increase the size of this is to use a smaller resolution (or bigger one, whatever the case may be (something on the 800x600 end of the scale)) to blow up these numbers.

As far as the experience thing goes, this is not something that SOE sends over the client. So there's no way to be able to tell that one mob will give you, say 0.43% exp or some quest gives you 6.75% exp. In my opinion, this is a good thing since mobs will be less contested solely on the exp that they give.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 02-27-2006, 08:49 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

All the float objects like NPC dialog, dmg numbers, mob name and health, etc... are controlled by eq2ui_proxyactors.xml.

Should be able to bump up the font for float numbers. You may also need to enlarge the text box to accomodate the bigger font.

XP earned per kill is not available anywhere in the UI, so no way to have it show on screen.
Unread 02-27-2006, 04:33 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

can anyone make this mod , atleast the dmg text fix .. i know nothing about makin my own mods..
Unread 03-01-2006, 05:09 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

so can anyone do it?