Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread
Unread 04-10-2006, 10:09 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by xarox
Hmmm...

I read some time ago about someone having this problem, I just don't remember where. I do remember the answer to it, I think.

Not sure if you have already tried this. It might be a pain to setup all windows again and such, but if that's the only option to make it work. (Not sure it will)

Remove
(cut/paste it to somewhere) your server_name_eq2_uisetting for 1 of your characters and start fresh with setting it up from scratch. It's located in your root everquest II folder.

As I said, I do not know if this will work, or if you have already tried it. But, it might be worth a shot.

Good luck!

Xarox Soulfire(Europe-Splitpaw)

Thanks I'll give it a try I appreciate your suggestion. =)
Unread 04-12-2006, 01:06 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Unrest
Cool Debugged 6 column bags mod

I found a bug in 6 column bags mod posted by lollygagger.

Change to Square mod from other mod(Vertical or Horizontal) ingame, setted 4 column not 6 column.
Exit EQII and reconnect, it works 6 column correctly.
But change to other mod and return to Square mod, it works 4 column again.

Because it modded initial array mathod only not ingame-rearray mathod.

I mod ingame-rearray mathod to 6 column, it will works 6 column correctly with anyway.
Attached Files
File Type: zip eq2ui_inventory_bag.zip (5.6 KB, 304 views)

Character: IspinSharle of 'WURI' Guild
Unrest Server, Human Female Paladin

Last edited by Droiyan7 : 04-12-2006 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Typo :)
Unread 04-12-2006, 09:29 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default EQII - EQ2 Button

Hi..sorry but I'm quite new to EQ2 and UI's for it...I've installed the Profit UI and love it...much much better than the default. My only question so far is: Where is the EQ2 (EQII) button in this UI? Is that what you refer to as the 'start' button? I've tried searching the forums but I'm having a hard time filtering and getting the search criteria right.

Thank you!

Last edited by Ian00 : 04-12-2006 at 10:45 AM.
Unread 04-12-2006, 10:51 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian00
Hi..sorry but I'm quite new to EQ2 and UI's for it...I've installed the Profit UI and love it...much much better than the default. My only question so far is: Where is the EQ2 (EQII) button in this UI? Is that what you refer to as the 'start' button? I've tried searching the forums but I'm having a hard time filtering and getting the search criteria right.

Thank you!
Yes, there is a little button on the (STARTBUTTON) which is the EQ2 button that holds all the further connections to groupsettings and such, like the default EQ2 button. It's a little tiny button on the (STARTBUTTON) together with other buttons that is very usable to have in-game.

Xarox Soulfire (Europe-Splitpaw)
Unread 04-12-2006, 11:39 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thank you I'm having trouble finding that button in my Profit UI though....can anyone tell me or post a screen shot of it?
Unread 04-12-2006, 12:57 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Thank you I'm having trouble finding that button in my Profit UI though....can anyone tell me or post a screen shot of it?
There ya go!

And someone else has to tell you how to get it to show if it doesn't. I have no clue what command that is.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Profit_Startbutton.JPG
Views:	313
Size:	3.2 KB
ID:	4824  
Unread 04-12-2006, 01:38 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default hotbar button numbers?

Is there a way to have the numeric values appear on the hotbar icons?

I just loaded the UI last night and it's great! I tried it on an off toon that was low level and figuring out/remembering which keys were to which hotbar button was a little awkward.
Unread 04-12-2006, 03:46 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Runnyeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywanderer
Is there a way to have the numeric values appear on the hotbar icons?

I just loaded the UI last night and it's great! I tried it on an off toon that was low level and figuring out/remembering which keys were to which hotbar button was a little awkward.
Cut and paste from the official download page http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4215

* Hotbars:
Changed behaviour for "frame & titlebar" settings:
(None): No bank select arrows shown, no shortcut keys shown
(Frame Only): No bank select arrows shown, visibility of shortcut keys controllable via frame opacity settings
(Frame and Titlebar): Bank select arrows shown when mousing over, visibility of shortcut keys controllable via frame opacity settings

you need to select Frame only or Frame and titlebar in window settings and then control the visability on the numbers with the frame opacity settings.
Unread 04-12-2006, 04:56 PM
A Coastal Crab

How do I get the scroll bars on the chat windows to disappear? I've tried every possible frame and titlebar setting and opacities in the window settings, yet they are always showing. The only way I can hide them is if I turn down the window opacity but that hides the text as well.
Unread 04-13-2006, 02:29 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeno
How do I get the scroll bars on the chat windows to disappear? I've tried every possible frame and titlebar setting and opacities in the window settings, yet they are always showing. The only way I can hide them is if I turn down the window opacity but that hides the text as well.
That function removed because it cause a bug.

If you use eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml of ProfitUI v2.0, you can hide scroll bars with 'none' or 'frame only' option.
But, hide scroll bars with single tab chat windows cause scrollbar protrude issue.

Character: IspinSharle of 'WURI' Guild
Unrest Server, Human Female Paladin
Unread 04-13-2006, 08:19 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

No one knows how to get the EQ2 button to appear in the UI?
Unread 04-13-2006, 10:54 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
No one knows how to get the EQ2 button to appear in the UI?
Just thought of something.

If you press F10 once, all windows that are hidden will show up. Then you just have to go into the windows settings on each window that you dont have and modify the bars so that the window is visible at all times. After that you just press F10 twice and you are back to normal view.

Try that, hope it works.

Unread 04-13-2006, 12:10 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Where is the Guild window kept I was trying to remove it so that the new Recruiting Tab would display properly and I dont see a guild xml file.
Unread 04-13-2006, 03:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Harvesting problems
when ever a guild mate of mine tries to harvest EQ2 locks up does not seem to have any other problems but harvesting any ideas?
Unread 04-14-2006, 01:59 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Splitpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelon
Where is the Guild window kept I was trying to remove it so that the new Recruiting Tab would display properly and I dont see a guild xml file.
Could be other files involved but I'm guessing it's "eq2ui_mainhud_guild.xml" in your UI folder
Unread 04-14-2006, 07:18 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Just thought of something.

If you press F10 once, all windows that are hidden will show up. Then you just have to go into the windows settings on each window that you dont have and modify the bars so that the window is visible at all times. After that you just press F10 twice and you are back to normal view.

Try that, hope it works.
That did it! Thank you found a small tool bar with a 'menu' button on it that was actually the EQ2 button. Good call
Unread 04-14-2006, 12:52 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

I'm trying to get just the stat bar as a stand alone mod for my husband, so it shows up for him like normal with the default UI. So far I've managed to get the window and stat text to display like normal, but the window is not visible when I first log in, as it is with the whole Profit UI. I have to type /show_window mainHUD.Memorized to make it appear each login.

My question is, is there a seperate file or line of code that governs whether the stat bar is visible at login? If so what do I need to include or edit so that I wouldn't have to make a macro to open it every time?

Thanks,
Unread 04-14-2006, 01:47 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Love the UI! One question though, and since I am pretty new, it is probably a n00b one, but when I search the Market, I don't get the seller's location. Isn't that supposed to be listed? Is it a user error (like I think it is) or does it just not appear with this UI?

Thanks!
Unread 04-14-2006, 06:59 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Runnyeye

if i remember correctly, you only see the sellers location if they are online, if not you just get the name
Unread 04-14-2006, 07:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default hotbars

i have only one thing i need..and thats to be able to switch between hotbars and i have no idea how too..if anyone can help that be great..
Unread 04-14-2006, 08:18 PM
A Brown Bear

Long time user and lover of the UI. Loving the big upgrade to 2.2.2 (used 1.8f forever) only problem I'd love to see tweaked is switching targets using the "self" window. It seems the area under the implied target is so small that I only hit it about one in 10 times. Can it be enhanced to be the entire name of the target? I've also always wanted to get a slimmer scaling raid window.
Unread 04-15-2006, 12:07 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumblebelly
Love the UI! One question though, and since I am pretty new, it is probably a n00b one, but when I search the Market, I don't get the seller's location. Isn't that supposed to be listed? Is it a user error (like I think it is) or does it just not appear with this UI?

Thanks!
Hmm, as far as I know, you never get the location unless he/she actually is standing inside their inn-room in person selling stuff. If they are not in the inn-room, only the name of the person will show.

Hope that helps.

Unread 04-15-2006, 12:12 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by assault
i have only one thing i need..and thats to be able to switch between hotbars and i have no idea how too..if anyone can help that be great..

There is a short command that is pretty easy, and which I use all the time.

SHIFT + 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 will change between the hotbar rows. It's the PRIMARY hotbar that will switch "page" so to speak.

Unread 04-15-2006, 02:10 PM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Venekor

is there a fix for the guild window? I can not fully see all of the new stuff that was added in
Unread 04-15-2006, 03:59 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Mistmoore
Default target buffs

I had trouble finding the buffs of my target. I ended up figuring out that if i change my con_version (button in upper-right of target window) it shows up.
Closed Thread