EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 12-11-2006, 03:05 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Custom Skins

I am currently using a set of different interfaces with EQ2 and love every one of them. They are all working fine, except that, when I go to the Achievement Window, everything is blackened out except the Primary Tree. In other words, there are no Tabs at the top, borders, etc.

I use /loadui to get the skin window and only see the default, which I then load to get the tabs in the Achievement Window to re-appear.

The question I have is how do I create a custom skininfo.xml file to reload the custom interfaces I have stored in C:\Program Files\Sony\Evequest II\UI\EQ2MAP, so that I can revert to my personal interface settings after loading the Default? There are a few subfolders in the EQ2MAP folder as well, but the primary interfaces lie in the parent folder.

If anyone can help or could send me an up-to-date demo skininfo.xml file (maybe one someone has created to do exactly what I am talking about) to [email protected] I would really appreciate it. Then possibly I could reverse engineer it to fit my skin/interfaces.

------------------------------------OR-----------------------------------

If Anyone can possibly just help me with the disappearing Tabs on the Achievement Tree Screen, that would be a huge help in itself.

Thanks,
Drognan

P.S. I've tried to adjust the window settings, on the messed up Achievement Tree Window, to no avail. Just so you already know.

Last edited by Drognan : 12-11-2006 at 05:45 AM.
Unread 12-13-2006, 10:40 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Thought a lot more...

Wow, as I figure that hundreds, if not thousands, of peeps must visit this site every day and look at these forums, I would have thought that SOMEONE would have tried to help me with this problem by now. I guess that the peeps that visit this forum aren't as good at this stuff as I give them credit for. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Dontcha just hate reverse psychology?!?

Anyway, if anyone can help me, I would REALLY appreciate it.

Thanks,
Mystriarra (Befallen)
Unread 12-13-2006, 11:36 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

/loadui is THE DEVIL. It may take you an extra 3 mins each time you change, but just log out, change your eq2.ini and log back in. /loadui screws stuff up.

skininfo.xml only contains the info about the skins name and such. It doesn't contain your settings.

But here's a trick for ya. Set up your UI the way you like it and then log out. Find your character settings .ini file (it'll be named like server_char_charactersettings.ini or something like that) and COPY that to the same folder, renaming it something like "Custom_Custom_charactersettings.ini" (Making Custom the name and server). Make that file read-only.

Change your eq2.ini file to use default. Get things the way you like it. Repeat the last step, only naming it like Default_Defualt in place of Custom_Custom or something. Also make it read-only.

Then, when you switch UIs by logging out and editing eq2.ini when you're in game just use /load_uisettings and select the saved version you have to load your settings. But remember: /loadui is the DEVIL

And yes, many people do come through here... but it's also the holiday season and folks are busy. Don't get upset if you don't get an answer right away -- at least give it a week.
Unread 12-14-2006, 07:09 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

The thing is you seam to have multiple problems but aren't stating them directly. Instead of asking how to fix those problems, you're asking how to fix some problem with a flawed work around you think will get you what you want. The whole post seams very cryptic. Here's what I think is going on.

1) You've installed Eq2Maps. It created an eq2.ini file that's pointing to that custom UI directory.

2) You've installed some other mods to separate UI directories but didn't change the eq2.ini to point at them.

3) You're logging into game and trying to use /loadui to load multiple UI sets at once (which will never work)

4) One of the sets you're using bugs the Acheivement window.

The first thing you need to do is consolodate your mods into 1 custom UI directory.

Then you need to edit your eq2.ini skinname to whatever that directory is named. Make sure all the custom files load automatically when you log in.

Once that's done run the eq2maps updater so it downloads all the map stuff to your custom UI directory.

If your Acheavment window is still bugged, but everything else loads automatically, compare the code in your custom eq2ui_mainhud.xml file with the default version. Make sure everything in the default file is present in your version.

If you still can't get it working after all that, you'll need to provide clearer info on what exactly you've installed, what your directory structure is, and what the text of your eq2.ini is.

Note: if you don't know anything about an eq2.ini file, you should probably read the FAQ on this site.

Note 2: Reverse psychology would be something along the lines of "You don't want to help me, that would make you feel good about yourself". A statement designed to get the person to do exactly the opposit.

What you basically said was you guess the ppl on this site are more stupid that you thought. That would be an insult, not reverse psychology, and not a very good way to get help with your problem(s)
Unread 12-15-2006, 01:31 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
1) You've installed Eq2Maps. It created an eq2.ini file that's pointing to that custom UI directory.
The question I have is how do I create a custom skininfo.xml file to reload the custom interfaces I have stored in C:\Program Files\Sony\Evequest II\UI\EQ2MAP <----Custom UI Directory

Quote:
2) You've installed some other mods to separate UI directories but didn't change the eq2.ini to point at them.
See above statement.....

Quote:
3) You're logging into game and trying to use /loadui to load multiple UI sets at once (which will never work)
That is one of the answers I was thinking. The other might have been to combine them all into a custom string or something like that.

Quote:
4) One of the sets you're using bugs the Acheivement window.
I'll try to figure out which one.

Quote:
The first thing you need to do is consolodate your mods into 1 custom UI directory.
You mean this one ----> C:\Program Files\Sony\Evequest II\UI\EQ2MAP

Quote:
Then you need to edit your eq2.ini skinname to whatever that directory is named. Make sure all the custom files load automatically when you log in.
They do.

Quote:
Once that's done run the eq2maps updater so it downloads all the map stuff to your custom UI directory.
It Does.

Quote:
If your Acheavment window is still bugged, but everything else loads automatically, compare the code in your custom eq2ui_mainhud.xml file with the default version. Make sure everything in the default file is present in your version.
THAT FIXED IT........... THANK YOU!!!

Quote:
Note 2: Reverse psychology would be something along the lines of "You don't want to help me, that would make you feel good about yourself". A statement designed to get the person to do exactly the opposit.
Reverse psychology is the term that describes the outcome where advocacy of one course of action persuades someone to do the opposite.
- DEFINITION PROVIDED BY WIKIPEDIA

"I guess that the peeps that visit this forum aren't as good at this stuff as I give them credit for."

Hopefully eliciting a response that someone would answer the question faster thinking, as you might have, that I was being degrading in some way.

--"Reverse Psychology, in its many forms, elicits a variety of responses from different subjects. Children, for the most part, are more susceptible to Reverse Psychology. Adults tend to be less susceptible, for they tend to find the hidden meaning behind the attempt."

^^^A quote from the starting paragraph of my Junior year term paper on Reverse Psychology.

Now, after all this work. I repeat.....THANK YOU! You solved the problem for me.

Mystriarra (Befallen)
Unread 12-15-2006, 10:23 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

My point is your statement wasn't advocating anything, it was simply insulting.

Glad your problem was solved.

If you still want a skininfo.xml for your eq2maps directory, just copy over the default file, open it in Notepad and edit the info there.
Unread 12-15-2006, 12:22 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
My point is your statement wasn't advocating anything, it was simply insulting.

Glad your problem was solved.

If you still want a skininfo.xml for your eq2maps directory, just copy over the default file, open it in Notepad and edit the info there.

I'm sorry it was a little cryptic. Sometimes my brain gets ahead of my typing. You helped me fix the problem, and I very much appreciate it.

To explain what I was trying to say......It's like when you get a certain amount of songs together, that you like, and you burn them to one CD and give it a name like My Favorite Songs . I was trying to do that with the multitude of custom interfaces that I use, so that it could be loaded up by the /loadui command.

Anyway, the major issue, which was the messed up Achievement Window, was fixed due to your input. Thanks again.

Myst