EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 09-07-2005, 06:27 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Everfrost
Default Chat, tabs, and channels

I am new to EQ2 and enjoying it so far and just exploring the UI mods that are available. However, one aspect of the chat system bothers me.

In other games I have used tabs to hold single channels of text, like guildchat, tells, groupchat, etc. Then I also have those channels in my main chat tab. My use for this is if things get too busy in the main chat tab, I can switch to the tab for that channel and catch what I missed. However, this does not appear to be possible in EQ2 that I can see.

So my questions are two:

1. Can a single channel be assigned to more than one tab? If so, how?

2. If this requires a custom UI to do, which custom UI would allow this sort of functionality?

Thanks in advance for any information or assistance on this.
Unread 09-07-2005, 06:35 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Butcherblock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrik Havnor
I am new to EQ2 and enjoying it so far and just exploring the UI mods that are available. However, one aspect of the chat system bothers me.

In other games I have used tabs to hold single channels of text, like guildchat, tells, groupchat, etc. Then I also have those channels in my main chat tab. My use for this is if things get too busy in the main chat tab, I can switch to the tab for that channel and catch what I missed. However, this does not appear to be possible in EQ2 that I can see.

So my questions are two:

1. Can a single channel be assigned to more than one tab? If so, how?

2. If this requires a custom UI to do, which custom UI would allow this sort of functionality?

Thanks in advance for any information or assistance on this.
1. I think this can be done, but I'm not totally sure. Reason I say this, is I have my chat channel for crafting/traders/whatever in two tabs. However, these tabs are on different windows, so I can't say for sure if you can have the same channel in two tabs in the same window.

2. If it can't be allowed by the game, then a UI won't change that. UI's simply take what we are already given with the game, and put it into a more accessible place/view. The only "add-on/plugin" is the EQ2Map project, which is the single most favorite file on this site by far.
Unread 09-07-2005, 08:49 PM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

chat channels can be in multiple windows, but normal text types such as group/guild/raid can NOT.