EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 12-31-2006, 06:27 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Thumbs Down Incorrect location on EQ2Map mod for Griffon eggs in Thundering Steppes

Thanks to this slight error I ended up trying to search these eggs for about 2 hours while being agroed and killed by griffons, lions and bears and the odd occasional gnolls. Although I am a level 26 Warden I can assure you Griffons, although level 22, are alot tougher, they are heroics, and not low ones either. Me and my friend who will be known to you as Moog, since that is his character name and the character that will appear in my evidence, have found the correct location where the eggs do appear and more than one occasion. I will provide the following screenshot for anyone's convenience and I hope that this error gets updated so we won't have to deal with such problems in the future.

As you can see, my warden known as Taishi found the griffon eggs near the cemetary, where later on Moog also found them. They have never spawned where the map states and no doubt never will.
Unread 12-31-2006, 06:48 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Write down the POI ID and the correct /loc, then visit maps.eq2interface.com and report it as wrong (visit the faq if you need help reporting things) and enter the correct info. Info is provided and corrected by the EQ2 Community.

Thanks!
Unread 01-01-2007, 11:13 AM
A Brown Bear

I'm not sure what you mean by POI ID, please could you explain this?
Unread 01-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

On your map IG, every POI has a number (like 26323 -- they're almost all 5 digits).

As for the eggs themselves, they do have a semi-random spawn and tend to spawn in that general area.
Unread 01-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Scuba Steve
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

Personally, every time I've done this quest, when I'm running down the road from Thundermist Village, and the rock wall on the left turns away from the road, and you see the first griffons....that's where I find eggs every time. I've never had to go anywhere near as far as the graveyard.
Unread 01-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstair
Personally, every time I've done this quest, when I'm running down the road from Thundermist Village, and the rock wall on the left turns away from the road, and you see the first griffons....that's where I find eggs every time. I've never had to go anywhere near as far as the graveyard.
Ditto.

It could be possible that someone else had just done the quest when they did it tho, but thats where I've always found my eggs.
Unread 01-22-2007, 11:13 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

The Griffon Eggs will respawn in random places of griffon fields, much in the same manner as harvesting nodes, at least that I have noticed.