Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 08-15-2005, 02:50 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narmorah
Hello!
First of all thanks for your great work!
I have a simple question:
Iīm quite used to seeing my char in my inventory window. I canīt remember any option during install of 4.8.4 to choose something like slim or normal version of the inventory window. So itīs quite normal for this version and any older version to just show my inv bags and armor pieces but no char picture? I simply canīt get used to it, so perhaps thereīs an older version swhoing the char too?
Delete eq2ui_inventory_inventory.xml until I can add the option during install.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 08-15-2005, 06:40 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Uploading 4.8.5 now.
Added alot of nice TKing images to the knowledge books and performed a complete re-code so that it's not required to have an entry in the eq2ui.xml.

So that only leaves one more window "The Tradeskill Window" that requires a complete revamp and then no more need for an edited eq2ui.xml (less chance of an issue after sony ui changes)

Also added more options to the install packages (user has more control over what they want to install)
I plan on having nearly everything as an option to not install as I know alot of you are like me and use pieces from different people.

Hope you enjoy; and as always, post those issues here no matter how minor they may seem.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."

Last edited by Faetyl : 08-15-2005 at 08:00 PM.
Unread 08-15-2005, 09:26 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default wow

wow i feellike an idiot now ... damn and i thought i read it all ... <shoots himself ... my bad lol love ur ui tho been using it for awhile now haha wow i feel like a dumb a$$
Unread 08-16-2005, 01:15 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulliun
wow i feellike an idiot now ... damn and i thought i read it all ... <shoots himself ... my bad lol love ur ui tho been using it for awhile now haha wow i feel like a dumb a$$
hehe, don't feel bad.
We all do it one time or another.

I actually need to clean house a bit on that post as it's getting out of hand a bit.
It's hard though with so many features and so much going on hehe...
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 08-16-2005, 01:38 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Default Thanks TKing!

Just wanted to say thanks again to TKing for his amazing Spell Book images!

Here's a sampler of some that I included as options in the latest release of the ThorUI.

FYI to any modders out there:
I did a complete revamp of the slimline knowledge book so that the controls are self contained within the knowledge book.xml (no need for any eq2ui.xml entries!!!)
As always, feel free to take anything I make and incorporate into your own work. (Just be sure to give Tking credit for his awesome artwork)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ThorUI Knowledge Book Sampler.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	3420  
Forums

Got Guild?

Last edited by Faetyl : 08-16-2005 at 01:45 AM.
Unread 08-16-2005, 03:26 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Butcherblock

Yet another excellent release of ThorUI =)
I was just curious though...is it possible to make a completely separate "bar" for vitality? because that would be great imho =)
Unread 08-16-2005, 09:22 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faelen
Yet another excellent release of ThorUI =)
I was just curious though...is it possible to make a completely separate "bar" for vitality? because that would be great imho =)
Hmm never thought of that.
Certainly worth checking though.
I'll let you know.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 08-16-2005, 09:27 AM
A Coastal Crab

This UI is amazing. I have been away from game for about three months and found this UI as I was reinstalling game. It has helped rekindle my excitement for the game.

Quick question. If I am not mistaken you press P to get to Persona. How do I set my titles? I dont see the options. Like I said it has been a bit since I have played and there is probably something glaring at me that allows me to do this.

Ibonek Bloodvayne
28 Defiler
Unread 08-16-2005, 11:00 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcoe
How do I set my titles? I dont see the options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
Please read the first sentence in the main post of this thread.

Persona tabs are not available until LU13.
If that is an issue you may simply rename "eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml" to "eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml.old"
This will return your persona window to the default Sony version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazaru5
You can manually change titles via the /title command

Use this command to pull up a list of all available titles, then the last line in the list will be the command argument string

Example: /title /setsuffix 6
Result (at least for me): setting my Treasure Hunter title
Hope that helps.
Unread 08-16-2005, 01:31 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Hi,Iam haveing a problem with the quest window when i click on a quest it wont highlight that quest after a couple of clicks with mouse it will finally open,anyone else having this problem?

Lady1
Unread 08-16-2005, 01:56 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Iīm using 4.8.5 but my questlog works quite normal.
Unread 08-16-2005, 08:05 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Was wondering if hotbars can be resized to be a bit bigger? I was hoping for something between your ui and the original.
Also, is there a way the quick chat can be incorporated in the chat window instead of opening a whole new window? Or am I being a noob and missing something here?
Unread 08-16-2005, 08:30 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciabucia
Was wondering if hotbars can be resized to be a bit bigger? I was hoping for something between your ui and the original.
Also, is there a way the quick chat can be incorporated in the chat window instead of opening a whole new window? Or am I being a noob and missing something here?
I'll be adding more options such as the different sized hotbars soon.
As for the chat, you just need to right click the chat tab and choose chat options, everything should be self explanatory from there.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 08-17-2005, 12:36 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Default No more eq2ui.xml!!!

Thanks to Jaxel's [OCD-Adv] Tradeskilling mod, I have finally removed any need for including the "eq2ui.xml" or the "eq2ui_mainhud.xml" files.

What does this mean for you?
Less chance of having crash issues at login when Sony performs updates!
Cleaner window coding therefore increasing system performance in game!

I'll be uploading 4.8.6 very soon.

I hope to include those hotbar size options with it.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 08-17-2005, 04:19 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Butcherblock

As i said earlier, great UI =) I did, however, notice yesterday that in the broker window that with items with really long names such as "pristine forged ebon vanguard cuirass" the name overlaps the price..I have done a clean slate and the problem remains, so I was wondering if it's just me or if it has anything to do with the UI
Unread 08-17-2005, 07:54 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faelen
As i said earlier, great UI =) I did, however, notice yesterday that in the broker window that with items with really long names such as "pristine forged ebon vanguard cuirass" the name overlaps the price..I have done a clean slate and the problem remains, so I was wondering if it's just me or if it has anything to do with the UI
This also happens in the craft window with long names overlapping the line just below it ( item desc that are 2 lines will partially obscure the line below it) thanks,

Also on a diff topic, is there a way to show numerical what your levels are. I lost that a few updates back i think it was just to the left of each line.

thanks for the great mod, I'm hooked
Unread 08-17-2005, 09:20 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Addressing both posts above,

Market Window:
This is the default window with exception of adding the ability to drag the window out horizontaly.
Have you tried unlocking the window and dragging to the right?

Tradeskill Window:
New tradeskill window coming as noted above.
IT's WAY better in my opinion.

Experience Window:
Also stated above, working on including "optional packaging" for everything in the ThorUI. (Main experience bars were moved to the persona window and a trim version for the MainHUD was added. I understand some like my big fancy EXP Window and I am including it as another optional piece in the next release.)

I hope to get the next release out ASAP.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 08-17-2005, 09:43 AM
A Coastal Crab

Hi !
First of all: Gratz, man, it's great Job.
I jsut noticed a thing: the percentile readout of group memebers is always 100% even when Health and Mana go down... the XXX/YYY point readout is Okay, the bars are Okay, but the percentile always shows 100%... witch is obviously false ! :-p
Did I do something wrong ?
Or is it just a bug that needs fixing ?

Bye !

Galex
Unread 08-17-2005, 10:12 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I love most of the interface features but I am having problems with switching the experience bar to show tradeskill exp. It will give me the option when I right click on it but not change.

Also it would be great if the tradeskill creation window would have the button for repeating the current item creation and the button to actually create the item line up so that I can just click click without moving the mouse.

When in the bank I click on the button that is next to the inventory button ,that opens up all of your inventory bags, and it doesn't open the bank bags. Is this going to be fixed? If would be great not to have to open all of the bags individually like the inventory bags.

Is there a hot key that will open all of my bags without going into the inventory first by using the I key?

I just remembered I also have a problem that my settings for music loudness are always reset to max when I startup the games. If I go into options it's back to max and if I use your little slider it's always all the way to max. Do I have to change something to get mysettings to stick?

Keep up the great work and I love all the features!

Last edited by kjhathaway : 08-17-2005 at 11:06 AM.
Unread 08-17-2005, 03:57 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by galex
Hi !
First of all: Gratz, man, it's great Job.
I jsut noticed a thing: the percentile readout of group memebers is always 100% even when Health and Mana go down... the XXX/YYY point readout is Okay, the bars are Okay, but the percentile always shows 100%... witch is obviously false ! :-p
Did I do something wrong ?
Or is it just a bug that needs fixing ?

Bye !

Galex
Sony isn't sending the data yet
So yes, bug on their part as this was supposed to be available at last update.
I imagine they will fix it in LU13 (That's just an assumption on my part though)
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 08-17-2005, 04:03 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhathaway
I love most of the interface features but I am having problems with switching the experience bar to show tradeskill exp. It will give me the option when I right click on it but not change.

Also it would be great if the tradeskill creation window would have the button for repeating the current item creation and the button to actually create the item line up so that I can just click click without moving the mouse.

When in the bank I click on the button that is next to the inventory button ,that opens up all of your inventory bags, and it doesn't open the bank bags. Is this going to be fixed? If would be great not to have to open all of the bags individually like the inventory bags.

Is there a hot key that will open all of my bags without going into the inventory first by using the I key?

I just remembered I also have a problem that my settings for music loudness are always reset to max when I startup the games. If I go into options it's back to max and if I use your little slider it's always all the way to max. Do I have to change something to get mysettings to stick?

Keep up the great work and I love all the features!
Experience Window:
Unlock, and expand/drag out...
It's all there so the option to switch to Tradeskill was removed as it would be redundant.

Tradeskill Window:
New tradeskill window comming as stated above a couple times.
FYI, just press enter has been enabled so no mouse clicks are required...

Open all bags:
Yes, it's on the EQ2 StartButton Window (The first Icon "bag")
You may also make one by creating a macro in the socials area. "/togglebags"

Sound Volume:
The coding doesn't allow these settings to be retained at logout.
If anyone knows how please tell me, but as far as I can tell this is not possible without Sony allowing so.

Hope I answered all your questions.
Forums

Got Guild?

Last edited by Faetyl : 08-17-2005 at 06:11 PM.
Unread 08-17-2005, 08:57 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Hi Faety this newest version is awesome,nice to be able to pick what you want,love the lots of choices you put in it,one thing am getting this error.is it something from personal window and i just have to wait for update 13?

Thanks Lady1
Attached Files
File Type: txt alertlog.txt (335 Bytes, 185 views)
Unread 08-17-2005, 09:12 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady1
Hi Faety this newest version is awesome,nice to be able to pick what you want,love the lots of choices you put in it,one thing am getting this error.is it something from personal window and i just have to wait for update 13?

Thanks Lady1
Yep, wait till LU13 or...
deselect persona at install or
delete the persona.xml from the ThorUI folder

Some nice changes coming that are currently provided in my mod but hidden such as:

Persona:
Faction Info
Bind location
Appartment location
Larger Paperdoll of character (I added this cause I could)

Guild:
Guild Banks

Broker:
Search by level and class of character

I feel bad for anyone that's done major coding on any of those windows as they will need to be updated at go live.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 08-18-2005, 10:54 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks for your reply. I just wanted to mention that until I started to use your UI my volume did stay at what I set it at in the options but for some reason it doesn't now. Maybe some ini file is not being up dated.

I was talking about the toggle of bank bags and I read somewhere after I posted that Sony would be adding the command /Togglebankbags in the next patch which is why I expect the icon is on the bank window of the current UI next to the togglebags icon.

Thanks again for all your hard work!
Unread 08-18-2005, 10:57 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Not long after I posted the message, we realized that we had resized the boxes on the original interface and it could possibly be that the frame was too small. Sure enough, that was the case.
Thank you for the quick reply and an excellent UI.