Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 06-20-2005, 11:26 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default request if possible

I use alot of you guys UIs and I like alot of them

however every UI I use I jam everything to the bottom of the screen

my request: A UI that has everything you need in one "dashboard" style across the bottom of the page

something that "flows" like the Laff's alt bottom UI, but everything kinda jamed on the bottom, with a chat box that is big enuff to have /who all (the result all on one like) chat box is just too small

here is how I currently have things set up to give an example.

while I know this works, it would just be cool to have a UI that is made for this kind of set up, something that all fits together and "flows"

being a healer i have to have things easy and close together, like grp window, maintained spells, raid window and spells, being a big chat person i like to have a nice chat window that shows more than a couple lines of text

the top lines /shrug i like to see my hits and things hitting me (i wish they had just numbers, like in EQ1, red for mobs hitting me, white for me hitting mobs in 2 very small windows that just have running data of hits, no such luck here tho i guess

if anyone takes up this project, thanks much in advance, and get in touch with me so i can DL your UI many times

Edited, that screenshot was too big, i reduced the link to a thumbnail

Laotin
Defiant, A Raiding Guild
Befallen Server

Last edited by laotin : 06-20-2005 at 11:31 PM.
Unread 06-21-2005, 12:21 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Mistmoore

Being a healer and all as well, I went with a nice setup which has everything I'll ever need. I run my UI at 1600x1200 but by looking around, Im sure you can get a nice setup going with a lower reso.

>> UI
Unread 06-21-2005, 09:00 AM
A Forest Scavenger
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

Quote:
my request: A UI that has everything you need in one "dashboard" style across the bottom of the page
Sounds like you might be looking for my Simple UI which seems to fit your description pretty well. You can view some screenshots on the download page.

Note that it has just been updated so if the link says you are not authorised then try it again later.

~G
Unread 06-21-2005, 01:59 PM
A Sea Turtle

thanks, ive used yours before, iam using it again now

best examples i have seen of what i would "wish" for is tyejae and night elf, they have "flow" and theme concept, both i have pretty much the same problem with, i use 1280x1024 and the chat box is too small

and if i switch it around, it loses the "flow"

hehe i still check everyday tho
Unread 06-21-2005, 02:16 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

A dashboard UI that suits my style is something I too have yet to see in EQ 2. I used Tablets in EQ 1 which was a great modular UI that fit together nicely no matter how the windows were arranged. Here's a shot of it. The Tablets creator has an EQ 2 version but it's just not my thing and seems too far removed from what I liked about the original. I try lots of different UI's out all the time so I'm hoping one of them eventually jives with what I want and need as a raiding-healer-that-hates-funky-health-bar-designs-and-wishes-she-had-the-/viewport-command-back.
Unread 06-21-2005, 08:27 PM
A Sea Turtle

Eloora- I know exactly what you mean

Sometimes I wish I had picked a caster class or scout class that way I could put my group window anywhere and not have to watch my maintained window

As a templar sometimes I have to switch group members very quickly for healing (yes I F1-F6, I know) but I am a "mouse person" I use my mouse for everything. And, the maintained spells window ugggggg it is the bane of my playing! I remember the first time we beat Darathar, I honestly did not see him fall, why? Because I was so glued to watching my debuffs and reactive heals in my maintained window that I actually didn't notice the hps and did not see 90% of the fight. I am dead serious, being a healer in the MT group I rarely see an event, unless it is something we have done 50 times already, or a really easy event.

This is why I have been crying for a total "dashboard" design.

After some thought, I actually went into my ol' paint shop program and drew what I think would do wonders for healers like me, now I know this is very crude, and very simple and basic, but it gives my idea.

things like, a player window within the group window that looks the same as everyone else's character in the group, that you can click on to target to heal. nice big target window, front and center so you can see your tank dying in plain view. small easy to see quest helper. 3 spell bars (i would like 4 but, i just couldnt find room) exp bars for both adven and craft on either side, with number lvls and % and a bar that runs across. nice big chat area. 5 boxes to show what weapon your using, prim and secondary, your ammo and your 2 activate slot items, because us healers switch out the manastone, potions for power regen, and dolls for sta/wis (or at least i do, constantly) an implied target right above the target so you can glance up and see your mob dying. I didnt do much with a compass, /shrug a compass is a compass as far as i am concerned. maintained and spell effects windows that fill up reverse ways in plain view with big icons. and finally a group window that has 4 boxes beside the name for your bad spells from mobs icons, easy to see, easy to know when to cure!

honestly I dont know if you guys will cry laughing at my artwork or not even bother, nor do i know even if you do bother if all this is even possible. but this is what i mean by "flow" it all has a place, it all goes together, and it all fits in the bottom of the screen. final note, would be awesome in 1280x1024

good times, heres the link to my awesome 3yr old's artwork

Unread 06-22-2005, 01:43 PM
A Griffon

I think you're onto something laotin!

Back towards the beginning of the game after launch I had a UI setup similar to this, except I like to have two main chat windows on the left and right side, with all other pertinent windows arranged in between them. I used to have my maintained spells window right above my hotkeys and right below my targets because I just plain needed it there front-and-center =\. As my UI evolved I pushed maintained aside, had to add a fourth row of hotkeys and more detailed (read: space hogs) target/player windows....now everything is just too cumbersome to fit the way hid like .

Anyhoo, I like your drawing, and the layout seems pretty good. That group window layout is exactly what I prefer and use atm. Attached is a picture of my grp window for reference. The buttons on the left are assist buttons for each grp member.
The only thing I'd really need to change up front is splitting that big chat window up into two windows. I like separating melee and spells (too much spam), and I like to see the damage I'm doing and resists I'm getting (I also play a warlock, so I'm not always stuck in healer mode). Also I play in 1600x1200, perhaps that gives me a little more room to work with than you.

The window you drew for the primary, secondary, activatable slots etc. is a great idea, and reminded me of the Vert hotkeys window from his EQ 1 UI. Here's a shot of it. On the left of the picture you see the hotkeys plus another bank of buttons right next to them. Those were customizable "clicky" slots, and he even included a little program you could run to set which clickys you wanted, and it saved it to the file for you (no xml knowledge needed). It would be awesome if such a thing was possible in EQ 2, but as its own window, or perhaps part of the menu button. An example of what slots I'd want as a healer would be 2 activatable, primary, secondary, ring, earring and one bag slot that hold my switched out gear.
Any of this jive with you laotin?

Any modders gonna run with this UI idea?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gwp win example.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	2973  
Unread 06-22-2005, 03:25 PM
A Sea Turtle

chat box = about 200-215 tall and about 420-450 wide?

sound good?
Unread 06-22-2005, 05:55 PM
A Sea Turtle

very very nice so far, i really like the big mana/hps bars

the window that pops up when you target yourself can i just put that in the corner and turn it all down so it goes invis ?
Unread 06-22-2005, 06:11 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Hmm thinking about that one ... you gotta mean the target window it's self right?

Or are you getting somthing else thats poping up? I dunno how likes lol

Unread 06-22-2005, 06:17 PM
A Sea Turtle

lol nm now, first time i logged in, i targeted myself and a small player window popped up, now it doesnt /shrug lol

otherwise it works good , the 3 windows, cant wait to see the rest of it
Unread 06-24-2005, 11:10 AM
A Sea Turtle

this is not my healer, but my swashbuckler

but this is how the new target window looks, both versions in game
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000000.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	2995  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000001.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	2996  
Unread 06-24-2005, 12:45 PM
A Griffon

Got target window working on detailed mode.... got the pri, sec window working but you need to toggle alt+g twice to get it to show ... I tried the usual trick of toggling the visability of the group window on load , but for some reason that crashed the game on the test server HUH???

Still got problems with the hotbars... I will post update soon.. I gotta keep resting every now and then
Unread 06-24-2005, 03:06 PM
A Griffon

Oks give this a go .. Use all of the files in the zip please as some are linked with eachother now... You may have to toggle alt+g to get the mini Inv to show up..

The start button is now same height as the bars

If any of the windows seem strange and you cant seem to resize them etc go into the window settings and select the default location for it this will reset the info stored in your char settings file for that particular window.. and it should appear correctly

Look forward to seeing a SS ...

BTW, Eloora I have changed the maintained window and the effects... backup the versions you have first then try the new one's and let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Laffs_Healer_Delight.zip (13.4 KB, 248 views)
Unread 06-24-2005, 03:46 PM
A Sea Turtle

ok Laffs, iam raiding atm, but as soon as we get done ill give it a go, thanks again
Unread 06-24-2005, 06:39 PM
A Griffon

Thanks for the continued updates laffs.

The group window now resizes down only to the max 5 group member height, but there is a bit of dead space below the last member that I'd like to be able to resize out. Unless I'm mistaken, setting default opacities and location resizes the group window to it's full group size for easy window placement, no? If so, and if you don't mind, could you make the group window completely resizable again?

Target window is still buggy, as shown in the attached files. It cuts off the top of the arrows, and displays the con color of the target incorrectly in the name potion, but correctly in the level display on the left side. On occaision the target name is displayed twice, one on top of another.
Also when fighting a heroic encounter the "Level XX heroic" text kinda scrunches against the target's name. How about moving the "Heroic" part to the right of the target name to clean it up a bit?
One more small gripe i have...the %'s for hp and power on top of the target's bars could stand to be moved down a couple pixels closer to the bars, as them being spaced up like they are sort of shifts the overall height of the UI up a bit and i know laotin doesn't want that .
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	target issue.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	2998  Click image for larger version

Name:	target issue 2.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	2999