EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 03-07-2010, 03:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Fetish Issue in Game

I'm not sure if it is a bug, or if something has changed with the way a UI loads in the game. I was gone for a year, came back recently, purchased SF and then of course, downloaded the newest version of Fetish. I unzipped it into the folder where it should be, ran EQ2 maps and started the game.

The skin itself is not there. If I open windows like the journal, or inventory, I can see it, but as for the start up which used to have Fetish's skin, it's gone. If I type in /loadui all that comes up with Default skins, as if Fetish isn't even there.

So is this something on my end? Whether it is or not, how can I fix this?
Unread 03-07-2010, 03:41 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

99.9% chance that you installed fetish to the wrong spot. Given that you've just returned to the game, I'm guessing that have an old install in program files, but now have a new install (that you are using when actually playing) elsewhere in one of the strange places SOE stashes the new installs. Right click on the shortcut you use to run the game and hit properties to find out where your current EQ2 install is located. Then install Fetish into that location.
Unread 03-22-2010, 11:57 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

When right-clicking the shortcut, it comes up with:

C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\EQ2.exe

Fetish is installed in C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI

And you are right, I still had the Sony folder with the EQ2 Folder and in fact, still had the old Fetish Nightfall in the UI folder as well when I returned to the game. I removed the old Fetish and extracted the new one into the UI folder, where the old one was. Is that still a step that is taken or does it need to be extracted somewhere else entirely?
Unread 03-22-2010, 12:36 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

check to see if in your C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI folder there is another folder called yet again UI as if you extracted in C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI the option to extract folders then it put another UI and then under that Fetish. You would want to extract fetish to C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\ so that it extracts into the UI folder as Fetish this is a common mistake when extracting files.