EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 08-11-2005, 06:46 PM
Co-Founder
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default EQ2Interface/Ogaming merger

As posted on the front page we have merged with Ogaming. Let me tell you a bit more about what this means for the site. Here are some Frequently Asked Question. Maybe this will help pre-answer som questions

Q. How does an affiliate join The OGaming Network?
A. Affiliates are assets of The OGaming Network. Under the terms of this agreement, EQinterface becomes a wholly owned subsidiary of The OGaming Network, and the MMOG user interface modification sites it operates become affiliates of The OGaming Network. The EQinteface sites – EQinterface.com, EQ2interface.com. and WoWinterface.com – will continue under existing management to autonomously provide the same rich content, independent opinions and fan forums that community members currently enjoy.

Q. Will the content or services provided by EQinterface change?
A. No. The OGaming Network exercises limited control over the content and services offered by affiliate members. OGaming believes that the real value of both free and subscription-based fan sites – such as EQinterface.com, EQ2interface.com and WoWinterface.com – stems from their organic growth and their unique and compelling role in the game play experience of MMOG ethusiasts.

Q. How does The OGaming Network affiliate status of EQinterface.com, EQ2interface.com and WoWinterface.com benefit users of those sites?
A. The users of EQinterface.com, EQ2interface.com and WoWinterface.com will benefit from those sites joining The OGaming Network, as they will now have direct access to a unique set of proprietary database tools, free guild hosting and other OGaming features offered on the network.

Q. Does The OGaming Network now control EQinterface.com, EQ2interface.com and WoWinterface.com?
A. While in principle The OGaming Network does maintain ultimate responsibility for the content and management of its affiliates, full autonomy is strongly encouraged and excercised. The OGaming Network rarely gets involved in day-to-day affiliate operations, and EQinterface will continue to operate its user sites with existing staff and a minimum of OGaming influence.

Q. What does this mean for long-time, loyal users of EQinterface.com, EQ2interface.com and WoWinterface.com?
The OGaming Network was created by gamers and for gamers, and that remains the mission of the network and each of its affiliates. EQinterface.com, EQ2interface.com and WoWinterface.com will retain their current character, management and lively perspectives, ensuring that they remain the pre-eminent user interface modification sites on the web.

Hope that helps answer some questions. In short, Dolby and I are still here, we are not going anywhere and we only see the site(s) growing with our new found support.

/bow

(oops double pasted, fixed)

Last edited by Kudane : 08-11-2005 at 10:20 PM.
Unread 08-12-2005, 03:59 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Antonia Bayle

im happy for you guys, it seems like a good deal.

Last edited by taco-man : 08-12-2005 at 04:02 AM.
Unread 08-12-2005, 10:02 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Please tell me EQ2I wont be saddled with the horible code used by the OGamming DB pages that make that site entirely useless on a Mac browser?
Unread 08-12-2005, 10:28 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unrest

It has been expressed very strongly that EQ2Interface, along with their many other network sites, will remain the same as they have been. Check out the posts on eqinterface.com

Head of Online Gaming Radio
Unread 08-12-2005, 12:38 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis

Hmm 5 hours and counting and my update still haven't been approved.!. Is this the kind of good service we can look forward to?

You guys have always been Johnny on the spot before =)
Unread 08-12-2005, 12:44 PM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Landiin - my internet has been down since about midnight last night and just came back now. I usually take care of the (comparatively) early morning mod queue. Everything is caught back up now though. Sorry about that.
Unread 08-12-2005, 12:47 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
You guys have always been Johnny on the spot before =)
Not always, there have been times where it has taken 5hrs or longer. I have to sleep some time and if the other people that try and approve stuff while I sleep are not able to get on the websites its gonna sit there until I wake up.

Our worst coverage for this site is during the morning hours. 4am-ish - 12pm-ish CST.

Last edited by Dolby : 08-12-2005 at 12:53 PM.
Unread 08-12-2005, 12:53 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby
Not always, there have been times where it has taken 5hrs or longer. I have to sleep some time and if the other people that try and approve stuff while I sleep are not able to get on the websites its gonna sit there until I wake up.
MOG!! lol You must not sleep..

PHP Code:
 if (landiin == $update ) { 
wakedolby(true);

There add that to the web code
Unread 08-12-2005, 12:54 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

lol no way!
Unread 08-12-2005, 01:09 PM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Grobb
Default Money

I hope the staff made ALOT of money..for the sell of this.
Unread 08-13-2005, 12:01 AM
aka Mook

Server: Nektulos

All I got was an extra wrapper in my bag of tootsie rolls.

*shortens his leash but continues barking at passer-bys*
Unread 08-14-2005, 02:44 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

There must be some serious money IGE is giving Ogaming to start taking over all the well established sites. I'll reserve judgment to see how this shakes out.

Pent4 3.2GHz 1MB Cache, ABIT IS7-E (Intel Chipset), GeForce 5200, Audigy MP3+ Card, 1GB RAM (DDR 400), Western Digital 120GB HD, WinXP SP2
Unread 08-14-2005, 02:58 AM
aka Mook

Server: Nektulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillysan
There must be some serious money IGE is giving Ogaming to start taking over all the well established sites. I'll reserve judgment to see how this shakes out.
You've got the order mixed up. Our ad contract with SOE expired over a month ago, so we got an ad contract with IGE, THEN the Ogaming merger.
Unread 08-15-2005, 12:02 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Unrest

Any changes to whom has access to email addresses / mailing lists registered with our logins here? I use a spam email address with ogaming generally as I don't really trust them. I use a more private email address here cuz well I do trust you guys. If so then I'd like to know so I can change over the email address that I'm using here
Unread 08-15-2005, 12:17 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Just click the User CP link at the top and then Edit Email & Password. We are still in control of the user database and I don’t foresee any one else having access ever... but please feel free to change your email as our site doesn’t send out that much email and its all optional (ie, the new favorite email update, email when you receive a pm, etc).

Please take note that this privacy statement is still in effect and if anything changes I'll be the first to let every one know. http://www.eq2interface.com/?page=privacy

Last edited by Dolby : 08-15-2005 at 12:23 AM.