EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 03-06-2005, 12:45 PM
Steward of the Faithful
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

I shrunk my effects icons to 1/4 size and haven't noticed any negative effects to my healing abilities when playing my 27 Inquisitor. /shrug It's mostly a personal preference thing, though.
Unread 03-06-2005, 02:05 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

This a great mod. Being a healer it is very important to quickly see all bars. When in a group, would it be possible to have the "F#" beside the persons name? Just something I found that helps when I am in a hurry and someone other the MT is taking damage. I only use F buttons when selecting players to heal.

I must say this site rocks.

Last edited by annya : 03-06-2005 at 09:19 PM.
Unread 03-06-2005, 05:44 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

OK here is a round of odd errors associated with the target window bundle that I've encountered with this mod.

When I log in fresh, all seems well, colors and values look as they should, like this:
[IMG]http://home.***********/2004-12/223120/EQ%20II/freshlognoerror.jpg[/IMG]

However, if I camp out and log back in (using quick log, bypassing patcher) to the same or a different character, all names are green as if every PC or NPC I target is a green con, there is a green outline around the target, and my mana numbers are also green, like this:
[IMG]http://home.***********/2004-12/223120/EQ%20II/quickrelog.jpg[/IMG]

Also encountered this bug, a second or third log in, and after running the patcher just for kicks. Every target is incorrectly displayed as having zero hitpoints, the bar is darker and the % for the target's health says "None", like this:
[IMG]http://home.***********/2004-12/223120/EQ%20II/targetingroupafterpatch.jpg[/IMG]

Last night when I logged on Mystique for the first time after downloading this mod (logged on my Monk first), every target's name was in red, as if everything I targetted was a red con mob...basically identical to the "all green" issue above but in red (sorry didn't get a screenshot of it).

Any clue what's going on here? I tell ya, that Eloora is just never satisfied is she?!
Unread 03-07-2005, 02:34 AM
A Brown Bear

Lightbulb

What Video Card are you using? Its possible that it was getting too hot, and causing graphic anonmalies of sorts. After your system is off for a good amount of time (hr at least) to cool off. Turn it back on, and try your theory of camping the way you did , and seeing if it continues to do what you just posted.

If it does not, it was most likely because of heat issues.

If it does, then it might be one hell of a wierd bug encounter, lol.
Unread 03-07-2005, 04:20 AM
A Berserk Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightbearer
What Video Card are you using? Its possible that it was getting too hot, and causing graphic anonmalies of sorts. After your system is off for a good amount of time (hr at least) to cool off. Turn it back on, and try your theory of camping the way you did , and seeing if it continues to do what you just posted.

I am getting the very same errors that she is getting. Also, I am getting a black square background over part of the names of the things I target, without getting to see the con (heroic, solo, whatever they have changed it to).

So...sounds like more than overheating.

PS--I have a level 30+ templar--And I really need all four of those status icons for the stuff my party fights.
Unread 03-07-2005, 06:47 AM
Steward of the Faithful
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry
{snip} PS--I have a level 30+ templar--And I really need all four of those status icons for the stuff my party fights.
Like I said, personal preference thing. I can see all of my group effects icons at 1/4 size (even if that stupid swarm of rats thing the nameds in the D'Morte dungeon summon can't be cured...boy have I wasted some power trying that hehe) but if you like full size better, more power to you.
Unread 03-07-2005, 08:24 AM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Quote:
Last night when I logged on Mystique for the first time after downloading this mod (logged on my Monk first), every target's name was in red, as if everything I targetted was a red con mob...basically identical to the "all green" issue above but in red (sorry didn't get a screenshot of it).
I had the same sort of issue lastnight also with window mods that were working fine, camping etc did nothing to help just changed colors etc.

So I just /exit and restarted eq2 and the problem was gone, I have seen this happen before. Mainly before or after a zone / server crash..

Of course overheating could cause it, but not so in my case.

The problem seems to fix itself
Unread 03-07-2005, 12:12 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Any helpfull souls out there that can help me modify the group window?

Wish for the debuff icons to be half the size and the width on the debuff "row" to be half the size. Making the window not to broad.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml (20.6 KB, 228 views)
Unread 03-07-2005, 02:07 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightbearer

I run the game on an Nvidia geforce 6800 GT, and this is definately not a heat issue, the errors are too specific and reproduceable. I can log on character 1 for the first time right after booting, then immediately camp out and log back in and this error would occur. It's gotta be happening due to a glitch in the code or the graphic files, or the way the game is handling the mod.

I've seen some pretty weird UI errors in my day, but eventually, some sleuth figures them out and fixes them
Unread 03-07-2005, 04:42 PM
A Berserk Golem

Eloora, have you been getting the black recktangle behind your target & implied targets' names? That is, when you make the windows' backgrounds translucent? I wonder if I am the only one with that background problem.

Also, I have an ATI card, and having the same problems as you makes it *really* seem like something besided a card issue. (It might be an SOE issue, but like you said--this is the job for someone else to figure out.)
Unread 03-07-2005, 04:51 PM
A Griffon

Nope i looked for your black rectangle issue and can't say that i've seen it.
Unread 03-08-2005, 02:19 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Permafrost

I'm running into a problem with the target box. . where it lists the level and class name, I get a colored box. When I first logged on, this box was white. Then I logged to an alt and it changed to green. Upon switching back to my main, the rectangular box was still green. I got a pic of this and will try to upload it.

As for group buffs and debuffs, so far, I do not see those in my box. Was that feature taken out?

Is there some visual way in to let me know that I am in Attack Mode? I do not believe I saw my name flash as it did in the old UI and when I have the sound off, I don't immediately pick up the fact that I'm fighting until I bash something I hadn't intended to hit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New UI Mod.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	1692  

Last edited by Aeolith : 03-08-2005 at 02:23 AM.
Unread 03-08-2005, 03:28 AM
A Griffon

Damn so much issues

I will have a look on it.
Unread 03-08-2005, 04:41 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolith
I'm running into a problem with the target box. . where it lists the level and class name, I get a colored box. When I first logged on, this box was white. Then I logged to an alt and it changed to green. Upon switching back to my main, the rectangular box was still green. I got a pic of this and will try to upload it.

As for group buffs and debuffs, so far, I do not see those in my box. Was that feature taken out?

Is there some visual way in to let me know that I am in Attack Mode? I do not believe I saw my name flash as it did in the old UI and when I have the sound off, I don't immediately pick up the fact that I'm fighting until I bash something I hadn't intended to hit.
Please verify that you have the Tyejae_targetperdi.dds file in your image folder.
Unread 03-08-2005, 08:39 AM
A Griffon

Can someone test this version and let me know ?
Attached Files
File Type: zip HealerV3.zip (279.4 KB, 230 views)
Unread 03-08-2005, 11:31 AM
A Berserk Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by perdition
Damn so much issues

I will have a look on it.
But we are alll REALLY glad you are doing this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolith
I'm running into a problem with the target box. . where it lists the level and class name, I get a colored box.
That is the same thing that happens to me-- but instead of green, my mysterious box is black.
Unread 03-08-2005, 04:00 PM
A Griffon

Loaded the new version on the test server since Permafrost is down as usual.
Admittedly I didn't get to do a thorough check but I still noticed a couple of aesthetic issues remain. I've attached 3 files showing what's going on with the % window.

The background of the %'s window still will not fade at all, it stays 100% opaque no matter where the slider is. Also there is a second frame around this window "under" the regular frame that appears when I try to fade the background, but disappears when the sliders are back to 100% opaque. Weird.

Also, and this minor detail you probably didn't bother with yet, but the ^^ indicators above group target's names in the target window still peek over the top frame a little bit. If it's possible to raise the height on the target window and the % window (to match of course) so that the arrows stay within the frame that would be cool.

Will test more to see if the color issues are fixed when I have some time.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	no frame yet extra frame is drawn, background should be transparent.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	1701  Click image for larger version

Name:	frame only background should be transparent.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	1702  Click image for larger version

Name:	no frame background opaque.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	1703  

Last edited by Eloora : 03-08-2005 at 04:04 PM.
Unread 03-08-2005, 07:17 PM
A Berserk Golem

Default This is still a rockin' mod!

This is coming along great! Here is the latest screenshot for ya...

My black box problem is completely gone, from what I can see! Good work!

One thing appears to be stuck, though--the game thinks that everything I have targeted is triple-upped (^^^). And I have myself targeted in the screenshot. Oh, how I would like to be triple-upped!

And, as a tiny nitpick that I am sure someone else will mention (so I will beat them to it), is that the target's power & HP bars are not aligned.

Great work perdition! We are cheering you on! (cheer noises)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	iwish.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	1706  
Unread 03-09-2005, 04:00 AM
A Griffon

Here is a version that should kill all remaining bugs.

Please test it on old and new con mod.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HealerV4.zip (279.4 KB, 209 views)
Unread 03-09-2005, 01:42 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

My setup, only wish as i said would be "cut" group debuffs width to its half making room for more of chat window

Help me Perdition, you are my only hope

Love your work, allways has
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000000.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	1726  
Unread 03-09-2005, 04:23 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by perdition
Please verify that you have the Tyejae_targetperdi.dds file in your image folder.
Yes, the above named file is in the Image folder of my Healer UI Folder.

Last edited by Aeolith : 03-09-2005 at 04:49 PM.
Unread 03-09-2005, 08:36 PM
A Griffon

Getting better but still not as clean as it could be. The % window still will not fade to transparent at all, and has the extra little gold border around it. The numbers in that window are still a little too higgldy piggldy for my taste, as shown in the attachment. Having each row aligned on the right by the % of each number would be sharper and easier to read. If this isn't possible for whatever reason, at least let me know.

Still also having the strange bug of having every target apear as a green con (mobs, npc's, pc's, resources) any time I log into the game again after camping. Would be very interested in knowing why this is occuring.

One helpful thing I'd like to see added are the F lables for the group members' names on the left side of the window. I think someone else has also requested this, and this being a healer oriented mod, this seems almost a requisite.

Oh, always forget this one. You cannot target yourself by clicking on your health/power bar like you can in the default window. Please put this functionality back if possible.

Thanks for your continued work on this mod perdition
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	numbers all over.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	1734  

Last edited by Eloora : 03-09-2005 at 09:29 PM.
Unread 03-10-2005, 01:05 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Quote:
Oh, always forget this one. You cannot target yourself by clicking on your health/power bar like you can in the default window. Please put this functionality back if possible.
You click your self on the window you posted. Thats the player window
Unread 03-10-2005, 01:44 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiah
You click your self on the window you posted. Thats the player window
Gotcha, thanks.
Unread 03-10-2005, 04:15 AM
A Griffon

Hello

At least the Black Background/gold frame player window should be fixed.
All percents are right aligned
F labels have been added

@Eloora, for the green con, could you please make the test with old and new con system to know if it happens on both ?
Attached Files
File Type: zip HealerV5.zip (279.1 KB, 235 views)

Last edited by perdition : 03-10-2005 at 04:19 AM.