Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 04-20-2006, 12:12 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MablungTSL
Is there any way possible to resize the target window? It is huge!

Also I am having some issues with some of the windows overlapping even when I click through checked on the options. Is there a work around for this? (i.e. Power bars overlap all windows, target window overlaps all windows and so does the group window) When they do this I cannot read any of the instant updates that flash on my screen for quest due to my UI set up.
No it's not possible to resize the current target windows. They are designed to fit into the groove in the lower hud. You can try the legacy target/implied windows posted some post back. But you will need to add them files to your ecluded files list or they will be updated to the current windows.
Unread 04-20-2006, 12:13 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by moredeeb
I cant figure out how to open up a full inventory screen, my gear is in overflow and the "I" button only brings up the box inventory look... help please
That is the full inventory window you are seeing. Your over flow is the icon on the bottom row, seconed from the last one. ( next to the single bag icon, next to the red words that say overflow).
Unread 04-20-2006, 12:15 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by maoliossa
Not sure if anyone else may be having this issue, but with the new AUCP I am unable to start EQ2 using the "Play EverQuest II" button after all files have been updated. I receive the error: Run App1 Error - Was not found. I have the latest version of the UI installed on 4 computers and it's doing the same thing on all of them. Solution I found was to check the 'Launch EverQuest II when updates are done' option in the AUCP settings, run update again under the extreme dropdown, and the application will then start automatically. I'm not sure if this is what was intended, but I think the application cannot be manually started after updates are downloaded.

Thanks for this awesome UI - the whole family loves it!!

Mao
I'll check out the start button when I get home from work to see why its not using the correct path.
Unread 04-20-2006, 09:57 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Fixed the play button on the AUCP.
Unread 04-20-2006, 11:02 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Antonia Bayle

Ok I am just wondering, what are the settings here ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	4850  
Unread 04-20-2006, 11:25 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daarrheel
Ok I am just wondering, what are the settings here ?
Not sure about all them, the only ones I ever mess with is the DXt1 ARGB one and I always have no MIP Maps dotted because I don't think the game uses mibs in the UI. The rest I never use or change from when I installed the plugin.
Unread 04-21-2006, 07:50 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Hi Landiin, I like the new Targetbar but at the 1280x1024 resolution is a little problem. The up arrows from the targets are not visible... only a one pixel line is to see on it.
Unread 04-21-2006, 09:05 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Permafrost
Default NOTES issue

I noticed that if i add any notes, or have any notes in the AUCP and then use the red X at the top right of the window to close the AUCP I lose all the notes entered. If I go to FILE then EXIT it retains the notes sometimes, not sure exactly how to save the notes..

Also I notice that the very bottom line in a large note is not visable, I get around it by entering a empty line. Maybe a scrollbar in the notes is possible?

Just thought I would mention it..

Thanks

Last edited by Ripper : 04-21-2006 at 09:12 AM.
Unread 04-21-2006, 09:24 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Nektulos
Default Character select

not sure if this is a me not being able to see this. But when i put all my characters in the quick select, and start the game it doesn't save them. I looked to see if thier was a save like in the other version but i dont see one?
Unread 04-21-2006, 09:54 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkarye
not sure if this is a me not being able to see this. But when i put all my characters in the quick select, and start the game it doesn't save them. I looked to see if thier was a save like in the other version but i dont see one?
Was just going to add on this too.. I also cannot seem to save my char select stuff either..doh
Unread 04-21-2006, 05:05 PM
A Griffawn

Default Re: Char Quick Select Problem

As with the last couple of people, I'm having the problems with notes not saving and quick select characters not saving. I've copied the 'sb_buttons' and 'un_notes' files, renamed them and copied over the files that exist in the 'user_settings' folder and everytime, those files get re-written with the default info in them (the info that you have in there).

Also, I've notice there's no 'Save' under the 'File' menu... just 'Exit'.
Unread 04-21-2006, 06:41 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Default No Save Option...

As others have said, no save option under File as in previous versions. Character info will not save by other means.
Unread 04-21-2006, 08:33 PM
Gno Gno Gnadget Gnome
Premium Member

Server: Blackburrow

Was wondering where the custom fonts went to.. I know I posted that I lost them and its no biggie .. still isn't but wouldn't mind getting them back but can't see where they are.

Also .. as a feature .. would it be or lets ask is it possible to add the percentage to the AA XP bar of not there then can we add an AAXp percentage to the xp window .. my main has hit 70 now and guess it all AA from here till next lvl cap Also the AA bar is showing 50 in its circle .. could that be looked at to include the actual AA we have?? Will there also be a AA bar under the persona window as well??

Love the new compass feature .. looks alot better now

I did have a problem with the patcher today .. said there was a newer version and it needed to close the CP but the CP didn't close and thus the patcher failed then the CP gave me an error that it couldn't close .. had to close thru the task manager. I had to run the CPpatcher thru the run command before it would update.. Looks like the patcher caused a fault in the CP when it tried to shut it down and then end of story. Once I ran the cppatcher all went well.

Thanks
Unread 04-21-2006, 08:58 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Ok fixed the issue of it not saving notes or quick switch info on exit. Let me know if it is not saving that information any time else.

Ekk! The select char drop down does nothing ATM. Wasn't meant to be added at this point but oh' well its there now, just not functional ATM. lol

I'm slowly getting back to catching up on the UI front now that the updater is working. ( well still getting some kinks out with you guys help ).

If you run into the error where it the AUCP says it can't shut down. Go into your extreme ui directory and run the program called CPPatcher.exe. People that was able to patch you will not have this file as the new AUCP uses a new system where this shouldn't ever happen.

Last edited by Landiin : 04-21-2006 at 09:09 PM.
Unread 04-22-2006, 02:08 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Lucan DLere

um...i got this new updater after i had to redo my computer and installed it.....it thinks all the extreme ui files are forgin files. I dont know what to do all it does for my ui is re arange the ui thats it and every time i try to update from the CP it trys..says i have 250 forgin ifles and then says that extereme ui is not my default UI this happens every time is there anything i can do

could it be that i got a new monitor that is a flat pannel set to the resolution of 1440x900?
i tryed to read all the forum posts but it is really long and its late here and i am tired please forgive me if i missed it.

thanks
Grace37
Unread 04-22-2006, 02:31 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

It says you have 250 FF? !! Hmm thats all of the files. Try deleting all the files in the extreme directory and updating, unless your on dialup, then just highlight all the files in the foreign file list and delet or move them and see what happens.

Did you set extreme as you default ui? If you press yes on that dialog it will open up the settings window. From there go to UI->Client Config. the look at the eq2.ini group box. If it shows extreme as the ui then click save. If save is greyed out, double click on one of the true are false twice just( toggle it.) this will ungrey the save button and allow you to save. Then head to Char UISettings conf and select you char and rez setting then press save.

Last edited by Landiin : 04-22-2006 at 02:38 AM.
Unread 04-22-2006, 06:53 AM
A Coastal Crab

Thanks so much for this great UI Landiin, not to mention all the hard work you put into helping us folks out.

After the LU I seem to have an issue with the Target Window at 1280 x 1024 resolution. I thought it may have been a modded background, I deleted that file this morning and did a fresh install. Problem still persists, the up/down arrows are very small - can't tell if a mob is a triple down or a triple up. When the mob is in combat, their health bar size drops itself down to about a quarter of the original size. Bit confusing to explain, I've attached screenshots.

Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen1.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	4856  Click image for larger version

Name:	screenie2.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	4857  
Unread 04-22-2006, 08:54 AM
A Brown Bear

Still having trouble getting char selects to save also the notes too will not save..
Unread 04-22-2006, 09:11 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper
Still having trouble getting char selects to save also the notes too will not save..
I am having same results, quick select characters are not saving.
Thank you for your time and patience.
Unread 04-22-2006, 12:08 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Ripper and Melena, Tell me what you are doing when it's not saveing.
Unread 04-22-2006, 12:09 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

dalamar779, Hmm thought I fixed that, for now switch cons, con1 seems to have issues I need to work on. (use the con0/con1 button on the button panel)
Unread 04-22-2006, 07:03 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
Ripper and Melena, Tell me what you are doing when it's not saveing.
I add Names/Servers to Quick Char Switch.. used to click on Save (Under File) but option no longer available... going out of AUCP by using exit or any other way... the names/servers do not save... as well, do not show up within EQ2. (In the past, would add, save, close window, reopen, then launch EQ2 to have them appear)
Unread 04-22-2006, 07:15 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Im a noob :)

Im new to this UI stuff....I have no idea how to set it as my default UI so i can use it....lol any help would be nice
Unread 04-22-2006, 08:12 PM
A Griffawn

Default Re: Character Quick Select / Notes Not Saving

Hello again,

I've made a discovery with regards to this problem... When you're in the AUCP and add the info into those tabs, upon closing the AUCP, the files 'aucp_QuickCharSwitch' and 'aucp_notes' get updated in the 'user_settings' folder. (I've verified this with notepad). BUT... when you open the AUCP again, the files get re-written back to DEFAULT and the saved info is gone.

Now, I've even made a copy of the updated files and overwrote the 'sb_buttons' file inside the 'QuickLog' folder & the 'un_notes' file inside the 'Notes' folder.

So, in the end after all is said and done, with the files 'aucp_QuickCharSwitch', 'sb_buttons', 'un_notes', and 'aucp_notes' all having the updated info that I want in them... when I run the AUCP, all files get rewritten with the default info and my settings are all gone.

On a different note: I love the way you've done the 'TARGET' and 'implied target' now.

Last edited by Aeromier : 04-22-2006 at 08:15 PM.
Unread 04-22-2006, 11:11 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melena
I add Names/Servers to Quick Char Switch.. used to click on Save (Under File) but option no longer available... going out of AUCP by using exit or any other way... the names/servers do not save... as well, do not show up within EQ2. (In the past, would add, save, close window, reopen, then launch EQ2 to have them appear)
Same here, exit in most any way (X in top right of window or file/exit), and sometimes saves, but mostly loses it. Was wondering if I made whatever files the notes and quick char switch were, an "excluded file" if it would work? Might mess with this some tomorrow..