EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 07-11-2006, 12:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default how get uis to work??

the help section here for uis helps me not all it tells you is how to make a eq2.ini ive tried to download and use just about every UI listed in the complete UI section and have used the eq2.ini's that came with them or made one but none of that makes the UI's work so whats the real secret to getting them to work????
Unread 07-11-2006, 12:41 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Runnyeye

I wrote this guide a little while ago, it may help or it may just confuse you even more
Unread 07-11-2006, 01:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

you guide just says the same thing make a eq2.ini file only you say it in alot more words. then you mentions something about haveing a servername_charname_uisettings.ini but then go into no details on it.
Unread 07-11-2006, 01:28 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Runnyeye

I wrote my guide for a guildmate that was struggling with the whole UI thing, I use a lot of words because I am trying to explain it as simply as I can without assume any prior knowledge

When you log into the game EQ2 creates the servername_charname_uisettings.ini file, which contains all the window placement info. You shouldnt need to do anything with that file unless the UI you want to install has a specific file for window placement (ie ProfitUI Reborn) in which case you need to take the one that comes with the UI and rename it to your servername and charactername.

What is the issue with the eq2.ini file? have you created one? does it point to the correct UI subfolder? is it in the correct place in your directory structure?
Unread 07-11-2006, 02:00 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

nothing is wrong with my eq2.ini and thats why i couldnt figure out what the problem was with getting the UI's to work but then you answered my problem without meaning to with the servername_charname_uisettings.ini useing it to get the windows that fixed my problem thanks for the help for some reason all these guides just talk about makeing a eq2.ini file well thats easy but none of them mention the other ini file step.
Unread 07-11-2006, 04:37 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

The reason they say nothing about the servername_charname_uisettings.ini file is because it has nothing to do with what UI the game uses. All the servername_charname_uisettings.ini file does is store window data (location, opacity and ect) not what UI the game uses.

If You would of said the UI you wanted to use is loading but not matching the ss on the UI page then we would of known to tell you to look there.