EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 01-28-2005, 08:18 PM
A Grove Wisp
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Befallen
Default For Ambitious Mod-Makers: "Mapmaker" Map Mod

With all the mods people want for maps, I thought of an unusual idea that I feel will solve all of our dungeon map needs.

The idea is simple. When in a dungeon, instead of not showing the map, it will have an empty map with fog of war. As you explore the map, it will reveal the path you've explored on the map. So, although it won't show any map with any sort of detail since dungeons don't come with maps, it would show the paths of the dungeon youve explored since fog of war will create a map-like picture once you explore a dungeon.

To solve problems of dungeons having more than one floors thus blurring the map, if you wanted you could add a new tab of the map. So for example, if you explored 'Stormhold 1' and wanted to make a 'Stormhold 2' tab so that the map wouldn't overlap making the fog of war map path less accurate, you could make a new tab for that and toggle which map affects the fog of war.

For finishing touches, you could make fog of war only be removed by exact /locs to prevent it removing fog of war outside of the dungeon's actual walls, and you could add a zoom in/out feature so that you can adjust the view depending on how tall/wide the map is. I don't know if this is a possibility as of now, but adding such a map mod, I guarantee, will solve all dungeon map needs.

Last edited by FenixStryk4 : 01-28-2005 at 08:22 PM.
Unread 01-28-2005, 08:24 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Unkown

You should look further at the Downloads>Interface Pieces>Maps section.
Unread 01-28-2005, 08:28 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Befallen

I like the map mod you and the crew are currently making, as it is much better than such as suggested by me, however my idea would make mapmakers have less of a load by making maps of every zone. Instead, the Dlers could just make a map of their own as they explore the zone. I like the map mod as of now tho =]
Unread 01-28-2005, 09:15 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

The problem is, there isn't fog in zones that don't normally have a map, and you can't force the zone to have fog; it's hardcoded which zones do and don't have it and which have toggled fog (like city areas).

Otherwise it's a brilliant idea. =/

Quib