EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 05-07-2005, 08:15 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Crashing on zoning

Anytime I try to use a complete ui (that is confirmed working by friends) or pieces of ui's anytime I press J to open the journal or zone i crash to desktop. I've tried complete installs and deleteing the journal files I've tried custome journals only no matter what I do if I use anything other then the default UI I crash to desktop. I've reinstalled eq 3 times and formated and started over once. So yes I've deleted my .ini files and everything. Something really wrong and I have no clue and dispise the default ui. Any suggestions are very welcome since as it stands the game is unplayable w/ any custom ui pieces.

Thanks
Unread 05-07-2005, 08:58 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomer81
Anytime I try to use a complete ui (that is confirmed working by friends) or pieces of ui's anytime I press J to open the journal or zone i crash to desktop. I've tried complete installs and deleteing the journal files I've tried custome journals only no matter what I do if I use anything other then the default UI I crash to desktop. I've reinstalled eq 3 times and formated and started over once. So yes I've deleted my .ini files and everything. Something really wrong and I have no clue and dispise the default ui. Any suggestions are very welcome since as it stands the game is unplayable w/ any custom ui pieces.

Thanks
Sounds like your trying to use the broken /loadui to load the mod. Are you installing it as shown in our FAQ? I only ask this because the symptoms you describe I've only seen when you try and use the /loadui command. *shrug*
Unread 05-07-2005, 09:06 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Thanks that sure did fix it. Now how come no one on the everquest2 forums could tell me that so quickly?

/bows
thank you kindly
-Sandbis
Unread 05-08-2005, 05:55 AM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

The devs who know this stuff don't have enough time to post there, what with us pestering them all the time And most of the UI-knowledgeable players post here, not there. That's why there's a sticky link to here on the UI board at the official forums.