EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 03-02-2005, 04:35 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default Our First Modular Release Is Up!

Finally posted a new official release. Heh, get ready to help troubleshoot as I'm sure at least a few people won't understand the funky install (having to make an eq2map folder).

Deathbane27; there were a few changes to the window_*.xml files, mostly efficiency improvements. Make sure you update your style set's pathfinder's icon button to use the new OnHoverIn="" code; it'll allow for a massive efficiency upgrade in the icon page XMLs after we get the auto-updater in full use. Also, instead of emptying out the window_options.xml file, use window_backdrop.xml to make it size 0,0 (and move it to like -16,-16 to be 100% sure); it'll be hidden, but still allow functionality mods to stack with your style set (stuff like allow close on escape, hide/show icons OnHoverOut/OnHoverIn).

Zonx, I'm attaching the style set I made for your Fetish UI. I need to contact Dolby about adding you and Deathbane27 to the allowed upload list for the EQ2MAP section, as I can't seem to figure out how to do it myself. You'll want to upload the file yourself there after you have access with a screenshot and install instructions (the instructions being drop the 5 window_*.xml files in your eq2map subfolder of your custom UI folder).

Eloa, I'll talk to you later about a small change to the auto-generated XML icon format that'll be a pretty big (like 15%) size reduction for the icon page XMLs.

I think that about covers everything. Gonna pump out a few window mods in the upcoming hour.

Quib
Attached Files
File Type: zip fetish_style.zip (3.1 KB, 436 views)
Unread 03-02-2005, 04:56 PM
aka Mook

Server: Nektulos

Thanks for the heads up on the changes. I should have the skin ready by the end of the day. I think I'm also ready to release the MookUI complete set today too, so perfect timing.
Unread 03-02-2005, 04:57 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Great work Quib and the rest of the EQ2MAP Team.
Unread 03-02-2005, 05:53 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Yaa!

And as one of the folks who knows nothing of how to do what you are doing, Hurrah! Everyone else is cheering you guys on as well--we are really excited!
Unread 03-02-2005, 06:11 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quib
Eloa, I'll talk to you later about a small change to the auto-generated XML icon format that'll be a pretty big (like 15%) size reduction for the icon page XMLs.
if you want you can just post it here or send me a pm and i can change it, unless Eloa already took care of it.
Unread 03-02-2005, 06:27 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco-man
if you want you can just post it here or send me a pm and i can change it, unless Eloa already took care of it.
I hadn't bugged Eloa yet, so whichever of you sees this and gets to it first. Here're the specifics:
On each auto-generated icon, currently, the OnHoverIn property is as follows
Code:
OnHoverIn="Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.WC_Titlebar.QM_LocEntry.QM_LocText.LocalText=pathfindlocation Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.WC_Titlebar.QM_LocEntry.QM_LocPath.pathfindlocation=pathfindlocation"
but I made a change that will make half of that OnHoverIn unnecessary. The new auto-generated OnHoverIn's should be as follows
Code:
OnHoverIn="Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.WC_Titlebar.QM_LocEntry.QM_LocText.LocalText=pathfindlocation"
I made a change to the way the pathfinder works so it only needs to write to the textbox object to work properly.

If there are any spaces in the second code line, remove them; sometimes the forums randomly add spaces. I'll edit this post after I post it to better explain where the space is and where it shouldn't be.

Edit: "QM_LocEntr y" cut out the space(s) there. It's being added erroneously by the forums.

Don't worry about going through the EQ2MAP site and hitting the Generate Link on each map; I'll do that myself, and the change doesn't need to happen instantly. The code is backwards compatible so the pathfinder will still work right even if it gets the old OnHoverIn.

Quib
Unread 03-02-2005, 06:29 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Is this our first and last modular release? Everything now will be handled by an EXE file that people ahve to download in order to get updates?
Unread 03-02-2005, 06:35 PM
A Griffon

I think that's the plan. Have you tried the auto-updater yet sunthas? Right now it just handles the icon page XMLs but I think taco-man's expanding it so we can have it handle all files.

Everything will still be modular so the auto-updater only has to grab a couple files every now and then and we'll likely keep a zipped version updated maybe monthly.

What are your thoughts on it sunthas? I know I personally recoil at the thought of downloading an EXE in order to download something else, but I also haven't been on the development side of such a situation before, and it looks pretty appealing to me.

Quib
Unread 03-02-2005, 06:51 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Try generating one now and checking it.