EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 03-20-2007, 07:46 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Lucan DLere
Question Tooltip system

I have Dracokyn ui install on my computer I make not disrespect to the ui, it is great. But what would like to know is the tool tip system of eq2. How many files is there to it? Right now the only file is; eq2ui_TooltipStyles. Reason I ask is that eq is telling me my tool tip is not compatible with obivious current game changes. But the odd this is that I have copied the entire default folder to my ui fold and just added Dracokyn ui. But when I checked his ui fold i downloaded does not have a eq2ui_TooltipStyles file in it. So again is there maybe another file I am not aware of?

"Only a ture iksar is willing to adapted without fear." - Yotan Rootwalla 1743 A.G
Unread 03-20-2007, 08:06 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

What I'm thinking may have happened, is that SOE changed the coding in the tooltip file, and a new file was sent down via a patch. And since you already have a copy of the tooltip file in your custom UI folder (albeit an older copy/version of it), the game doesn't need to go look for it, but instead it just tells you the one it found is outdated.

I'd suggest deleting the folder containing the custom UI you're using and recreating it. But this time around, do not copy any of the files from the default UI folder. Instead, just extract the files from Dracokyn's UI (and any other mods you wish to use) into the custom UI folder. By default, the game will go look in the default UI folder for any files it needs to reference that are not in the custom UI folder.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 03-20-2007, 10:54 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

If you are using this UI then the reason it is not working, is probably because the last update on it was in Dec of 2005. If that is the Ui you are using, I suggest you look for an up to date UI to use instead.
Unread 03-21-2007, 08:37 AM
A Brown Bear

One off thanks for replying. I understand what you are saying Lazaru5 but I am no author of a ui, use a advet user since eq1. However If what i understand you are saying is the the empty and delete the contents of my ui folder, then just load the ui I am using and the path system will do that rest? See i am not entirely use on what or how the ui system works, only thing I new is that to creat the custom folder, the eq2.ini file and periodicly watch for updates in patches for changes to the ui. Now I have not been on since LU 31 and i looked at LU 32 and seen know file changes to the ui, only a the modifications they did. Now granted this does not mean that SOE did not change some files around and not list them. But usually when I make/recreat my ui i empty my folder out then copy all contents of the default to in then add my ui accordingly.

As for Kerianah statement, to only reason i am still using Dracokyn's UI is for the Tking art work. I have like the acrane series art since he/she made it on EQ1. And I am aware that he/she is probibly on to bigger and better things but I for one will always use that ui. And when Dracokyn make his/her ui with the art work naturely i am going to use it, but i will tell you this it is more up to date then the part and pieces of arcane ui's i was using. And not to disrespect any of the other ui authors, specially the ones being update regularly but the do not fit my style of play at setup. But I that you for your adivce.

"Only a ture iksar is willing to adapted without fear." - Yotan Rootwalla 1743 A.G
Unread 03-21-2007, 09:11 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotain
However If what i understand you are saying is the the empty and delete the contents of my ui folder, then just load the ui I am using and the path system will do that rest?
Yes, that is correct. Simply recreate your custom UI folder minus any of the files from the default UI folder. Doing this should correct your issue.

I realize this hasn't been reposted into these (eq2interface) forums, but check out the last part of #4 on this post from the EQInterface.com forums. Yes, I understand they are two different games. However, the UI mechanics are very similar for the most part.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 03-22-2007, 07:36 AM
A Brown Bear

Nope still nothing....not sure what is could be. However thanks for the help on the other stuff, did do that. Well i did what the link suggested, everything checks out for the most part. Secondly i deleted the defualt and repatched it. But it still says my toll tip system is not compatible. Not sure what else it could be.

Unread 03-22-2007, 08:52 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Tooltip

I'm going to assume that it is an issue with the eq2ui_fonts.xml file. I have used a maintained window that had text for the spell name, target, etc...and when I used the eq2ui_fonts.xml that came with it (it was from 2005 as well) the tooltips stopped working. If I deleted the file, the tooltips would work, but then the text in the effects window stopped working.

Someone who knows more about modding than me can probably help you out, but what I did to fix it was open up the UI in the UIBuilder and find another window that used a different font, then edited the maintained fields to use that font rather than what it was set to.

Works like a champ for now
Unread 03-22-2007, 10:24 PM
A Brown Bear

MoonglumHMV you were right it was the eq2ui_font file. By deleting it it work thank you and everyone else for the advice.