EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 02-06-2007, 12:14 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Chat & Command Problems

Hoping someone can tell me if I did something to mess up my settings or if there is soem work around. I'm quite accustomed to simply hitting the "/" command and either being able to chat or type a game command. Since LU31 I now have to hit enter before I can access the chat box ty speak or type in commands.

Obviously, teaching an old dog new tricks is difficult and this old dog is forgetting to hit ENTER most the time...
Unread 02-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

SOE strikes again:P They changed it so enter is the default to enter input mode and changed your settings to do so. You need to go into setting and change it from enter to / and then change walk run from / to something else.

Why on earth they keep doing crap like this is beyond me. For AGES / puts you in input mode, I mean from the beginning of time. Why (I so wanted to use an explicit word there) they change it out of the blue just boggles me to no end.
Unread 02-06-2007, 03:31 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
Why on earth they keep doing crap like this is beyond me.

Maybe they're getting too much revenue from all the subscriptions, and they do stupid $#it like that to piss people off enough that they cancel their accounts?

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 02-06-2007, 07:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default / starting chat

Hey all,
I had the same problem, its easily fixable by going into the settings under the chat menu and making the "start command" a "/" and going to the movement menu and removing it from controlling the run/walk.

Now prey your setting don't reset sometimes, and make you do this more than once.
Unread 02-06-2007, 08:20 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
SOE strikes again:P They changed it so enter is the default to enter input mode and changed your settings to do so. You need to go into setting and change it from enter to / and then change walk run from / to something else.

Why on earth they keep doing crap like this is beyond me. For AGES / puts you in input mode, I mean from the beginning of time. Why (I so wanted to use an explicit word there) they change it out of the blue just boggles me to no end.
OMG, ty ty ty, I have been going nutz with this change I knew there had to be some way, but I never thought of remaping. Now...if I can only get the settings to stick, they tend to reload everytime I log in, thus I gave up on Map being <--- Backspace and gave in to "M"

Either way, ty again.