EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 12-20-2006, 01:10 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Help please

Sorry to ask such a silly newb question. I read how to install a UI but I am still a bit confused here. I want a simple hot bar replacement. This one for instance. http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4123

What exactly do I do with that to get it going? I have two xml files once I downloaded that. eq2ui_hud_slider and eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.

I played eq for 5 years and it was always hell surviving patches back then with a custom ui. The default eq2 ui has the writing over the hotbar icons so unfortunately I am forced to get into custom ui's way in advance of when it'd normally be something I'd look into for a new game. I use numpad 1-12 for my hot buttons so having capital letters NUMPAD 1 squished into each icon space is silly. hehe. Any help to babywalk me through this process is appreciated.
Unread 12-20-2006, 07:44 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

check out the FAQ

If you're still having trouble afterwards let us know (I recommend being specific if you do have questions, so the angry forum guardians don't swoop down upon you ).
Unread 12-27-2006, 02:15 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

The faq was great and it shows to throw everything into one folder. However I wanted to have my eq2maps folder and another for my custom ui. Unfortunately the directions only explain how to slap everything into one folder [i.e. eq2maps].

Will I forever be stuck risking mixing 4-10 different ui's into my eq2 maps folder? Or is there some very obvious ini entry I can input to make this understand I am taking pieces from two different UI directories? Thanks.
Unread 12-27-2006, 02:31 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

They all need to go into 1 custom folder. I personally keep a separate folder outside of the EQ2 directory as a backup of all the added pieces that I add and keep them all in their own zip file so that I always know what files are associated with any given mod.
Unread 12-27-2006, 02:39 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

All the custom interface peices need to go into the same folder. So if you are running EQ2Map and you want to use a custom player window you would extract the player window files into the same UI folder you have set for eq2map.
Unread 12-27-2006, 03:23 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Note: as of LU30, you can now hide the command key text as desired for individual hotbars using the default UI.