EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 03-31-2005, 04:45 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Crushbone

i was wondering if there's a way to steal pieces to use on a frankenstien UI. ive got my favorite bits from several different sources, and id really like to use a few of your windows.

i saw you mentioned to .. install your entire UI, then overwrite the bits you dont like. this id rather not do.

specificially, id like to use,

group
personal (dunno, the self target window)
target
implied
compass
exp
clock

what associated files should i also install? i had them in my customui folder once, but they had no text or bars or anything, just some differently shadded areas, and/or NON-area whiteout spaces.
Unread 03-31-2005, 07:11 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Thumbs Up Chat Windows

Hey Zonx i love the UI. way to go! Its what ive pretty much been looking for. However i have one problem that ive noticed.

"I usually run two windows, one with 5 tabs and one with 4 tabs to controll flow of chat. However i noticed that when i log back in the secondary window will always dissapear. I have tried setting the dissapearing window to 'always chat here' to get it to pop back up, and have tried 'open existing window' through the right click menue. But to no avail i am stuck resetting that window (four tabs). Is there any way of correcting this?"

thanks for your time!!
Unread 03-31-2005, 07:11 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

this is a bug from SOE and is not related to his mod at all.
Unread 03-31-2005, 07:43 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Everfrost
Question Persona Bar question

I installed this UI, and love it, however I am having an issue with the persona bar. None of the buttons except for the help and window options buttons seem to function. When I click on the bio or size buttons nothing seems to happen. Could installing an add on created for your UI (Guild XP bar) cause this type of issue, or have I done something wrong or am I missing an important configuration instruction?

Thank you again,
Grymmtooth
Unread 03-31-2005, 09:08 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grymmtooth
I installed this UI, and love it, however I am having an issue with the persona bar. None of the buttons except for the help and window options buttons seem to function. When I click on the bio or size buttons nothing seems to happen. Could installing an add on created for your UI (Guild XP bar) cause this type of issue, or have I done something wrong or am I missing an important configuration instruction?

Thank you again,
Grymmtooth
Grymm,
When I have problems like this, I go to the zip for the full install and just extract the item i need to overwrite the problem file.

Once you do that, open your eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml file in NOTEPAD. About line 21, you will see Button LocalToolTip="help".

Replace that line with this code:
Code:
<Button LocalTooltip="Guild XP" Location="324,3" Name="HelpButton" OnPress="show_window=(MainHUD.GuildEXP) show_window=(MainHUD.GuildEXP)" PackLocation="right,top" PackLocationProp="-032/0001,0003/0001" ScrollExtent="14,14" Size="14,14" Style="/Fetish.ButtonStyles.help_button" Tooltip="Guild XP" UserMovable="true"></Button>
Save and try the game then. I have to say all the buttons work on my persona bar so I don't know what the issue is.

--------------------------------
OK just tested. Go ahead and download the personabar you want from the main install zip and insert the code above and everything will be peachy.

Last edited by floppytoes : 03-31-2005 at 09:26 PM.
Unread 04-01-2005, 01:26 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Please elaborate. What is double-click supposed to do?

FYI, we don't have access to double-click events, so I didn't specifically set out to change it
My apologies for not going into detail earlier

Using the default UI, while tradeskilling, if you look at the recipe list and double click on a particular recipe, it will automatically bring you to the ingredients list. I noticed that double clicking a recipe name doesn't do that anymore with your UI. Not a big deal really, but something of a convenience when doing a long tradeskill session and making many different items.

Kudos on an outstanding UI and re-skinning project.
Unread 04-01-2005, 01:37 PM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore
Default Tradeskill Title cutoff

Still seeing some alignment issues with the tradeskill window and some crafting tools. (see enclosed screenshot)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	misalignment.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	2182  
Unread 04-01-2005, 03:12 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

It's not really an allignment issue. The text is simply to long to fit in the titlebar and EQ2 does REALLY stupid things when text doesn't fit. The problem is worse in the default window.

I could make the titlebar wider to accomodate the stupidly long crafting names, but I just don't see it as a major problem.
Unread 04-01-2005, 03:53 PM
A Brown Bear

I'm trying to get the EXACT picture of what you have set up in your pic of your UI and the sizing is off for some reason. Any info would help on how to get it to all fit nice and neat like you have.

Also I'm trying to move my spell bars around and I can't get them to move...they're not locked but the 4 direction arrow will not come up anywhere on them to shft them out of the middle of my screen.

AWESOME looking UI btw love everything about it except making it look like you have and moving the spell bars.

Thanks in advance,
Myz
Unread 04-01-2005, 06:24 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Screenshots are at 1600x1200 resolution. Most stuff should position the same if you set all windows to default locations (there's a button for that in Game Options). Hotkeys were individually positioned.

Regarding cast bar, its tagged as user movable. If you're not seeing the move cursor, the window probably is locked. I found the easiest way to repossition the cast bar is to start casting your gate home spell (keeps the cast bar up a long time) then unlock and move as needed. Just move your toon to cancel the gate when ur done

Oh, and the letterbox setting could be throwing some stuff off. Things near the letterbox frame seam to want to move with it.
Unread 04-02-2005, 09:38 AM
A Brown Bear

Actually I should have clarified...by spell bars I didn't mean the cast bar I ment the hotkey bars. Theyre stuck in the middle of my screen and I can't move them...the rest of the UI is all positioned and working great except for the hotkeys.
Unread 04-02-2005, 09:44 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Ah, yah they're a bit tricky to grab by design. When you mouse over them the changer pops up. The changer number is grabable as is any blank space above and below the changer.

If they're locked, you'll have to right-click them to unlock before dragging.

Default possition should be top of screen, just right of center.
Unread 04-02-2005, 09:59 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Tweedle
i was wondering if there's a way to steal pieces to use on a frankenstien UI...
All of the pieces you mentioned and more are available as seperate downloads HERE.
Unread 04-02-2005, 10:34 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Default Fetish Minimize

Can't find who requested info on a Minimize button so I'ma post this in each of my main threads.

Any UI that includes FetishStyles can add a Minimize button to any window with a standard title bar by doing the following:

Find Name="WC_Titlebar", then find the next closing bracket (>). If its preceded by a slash (/>), replace with
Code:
>
</PAGE>
now paste the following code in after the initial closing bracket and before </PAGE>
Code:
<Checkbox BackgroundOpacity="1.000" LocalTooltip="Minimize" Location="3,3" Name="MinimizeCheckbox" OnActivate="parent.parent.ExpandWin=parent.parent.size 
parent.parent.maximumsize=&apos;22,16000&apos; 
LocalTooltip=&apos;Expand&apos;" OnDeactivate="parent.parent.maximumsize=&apos;16000,16000&apos; 
parent.parent.size=parent.parent.ExpandWin 
LocalTooltip=&apos;Minimize&apos;" ScrollExtent="16,16" Size="16,16" Style="/Fetish.CheckboxStyles.minimize_checkbox" Tooltip="Minimize"></Checkbox>
This should add a Minimize button at the left edge of the titlebar that hides with the titlebar
Unread 04-02-2005, 08:46 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Everfrost
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by floppytoes
Grymm,
When I have problems like this, I go to the zip for the full install and just extract the item i need to overwrite the problem file.

Once you do that, open your eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml file in NOTEPAD. About line 21, you will see Button LocalToolTip="help".

Replace that line with this code:
Code:
<Button LocalTooltip="Guild XP" Location="324,3" Name="HelpButton" OnPress="show_window=(MainHUD.GuildEXP) show_window=(MainHUD.GuildEXP)" PackLocation="right,top" PackLocationProp="-032/0001,0003/0001" ScrollExtent="14,14" Size="14,14" Style="/Fetish.ButtonStyles.help_button" Tooltip="Guild XP" UserMovable="true"></Button>
Save and try the game then. I have to say all the buttons work on my persona bar so I don't know what the issue is.

--------------------------------
OK just tested. Go ahead and download the personabar you want from the main install zip and insert the code above and everything will be peachy.
Tankz!!! Wurked lik da charm!

Grymmtooth

P.S. sowwy, stuck in da Troll modez.
Unread 04-02-2005, 11:12 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Befallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by floppytoes
Open up the community window, look for the line that has local text ="asdasd" and delete the local text= part.

yea but which file in the UI is the community window?

nevermind, I found it....
Unread 04-02-2005, 11:24 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Befallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Open eq2ui_persona.xml in Notepad. On the first line, replace
Code:
OnShow="
with
Code:
Visible="false" OnShow="

nope didn't work, still showin up even after I edit that....

only one
Code:
OnShow="
what i found was
Code:
OnShow="MainPage.VolumePage.CoinPage.SizeB.Activated=true
and changed to
Code:
Visible="false" OnShow="MainPage.VolumePage.CoinPage.SizeB.Activated=true
should I change to
Code:
OnShow="MainPage.VolumePage.CoinPage.SizeB.Activated=false
Unread 04-03-2005, 02:40 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

That entire OnShow statement simply sets your personabar size when the window is shown. Doesn't affect weather the window is visible in the first place.

The code tweak I suggested should insert a Visible="false" bit before the OnShow bit.
Unread 04-03-2005, 09:53 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default several text boxes have default text strings not removed

Including
community window, friends tab, add friend text box
community window, ignored tab, add ignored text box
help window, knowledge base tab, search text box

I fixed these myself by removing the string in question.
Unread 04-03-2005, 09:54 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default focus on friends/ignored notes entry dialog not in the dialog

You have to click notes button, then click in the box to enter a note. Could we get the focus in the text box by default for these popups?
Unread 04-03-2005, 10:06 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Post Love the newest release. Top Notch, as usual.

My bag window locations do not save when I log off. I like to arrange them like they're shown in the bank, and with a row of inventory bags above the bank bags. I am using the standard non-dynamic bag windows.

Do I have some sort of persistent setting in a .ini file that I can change? Can I reset the bag window locations without resetting everything?
Unread 04-03-2005, 11:38 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xalorous
You have to click notes button, then click in the box to enter a note. Could we get the focus in the text box by default for these popups?
I had asked something like this on the Request forum and was told that it was not possible, unless whoever answered my request was wrong.
Unread 04-03-2005, 12:35 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Great Work-One bug and a few suggestiongs

Love the UI !

One small problem I noticed - I had some difficulty removing people from my friends list - If I had only online checked and I tried to remove a highlighted friend it would remove the wrong person - unchecking only online fixed this
Any thoughts of incorporating Kosmos' startbutton enhancements and nightvision or adding in yourown custom performance profile switcher ? Or tips on how I can re-color his so it blend in with night fall ?

Also I dont know if its possible but there are 2 features I would love to see - a hotkey to switch between full and windowed mode and a hotkey to open all the bags in your bank vault.

Thanks !
vVv
Unread 04-03-2005, 01:32 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xalorous
Including...
Aye, minor annoyances easy to fix. Thx for the list. They'll be fixed in the next big update.

There currently is no known way to force focus to a particular textbox.

Bags not saving location is a SOE bug that appears to be corupting server setting ini files on the client end. Binton posted a replacement file in my FetishClassic thread that's supposed to fix the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VvV
One small problem...
Nothing on my end should affect how a checkbox alters a search/remove other than disabeling it alltogether.

Basic instructions for reskinning other mods for NightFall can be found in the .doc, at the end, just befor the credits.

Open all Bank bags is currently impossible, I've already tried VERY hard at it.

Windowed/fullscreen might be possible as a clickable key, but you do know Alt + Enter already togles between the 2
Unread 04-04-2005, 02:08 AM
A Griffon

Talking Personabar Request

Looking at the personabar in UI Builder, I think I see how you could maybe squeeze it down to fit better on a 1280 x 1024 screen... Just switch everything from arial 14 to arial 12, then you can shrink each of the boxes just enough to squeeze 'em on the screen while still keeping them the same size (it only needs to be a few pixels narrower to fit all the info on the screen). Any chance you could do this and post it as an addon for me? I would try to do it myself, but this change is a bit more complex than I am ready for at my current level of UI customizing ability.

Last edited by Dadditude : 04-04-2005 at 02:16 AM.