EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 02-06-2007, 02:53 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Lightbulb Journal Upgrade...

OK... Ive been digging around for a couple hours now to no avail, so now Im requesting it. I want a journal with either a print button going directly to the printer set as default on your computer OR a print button that sends the currently selected quest/entire journal to a text document (.txt or.doc or something). The same thing would be great for the collection end of the jornal as well, especially those who dont want to switch back and forth between active windows when at the broker searching for those last collection pieces. Any help would be appreciated!
Unread 02-06-2007, 08:46 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Although I know very little about modding, I'd bet something like this would have to be implemented by SOE. You're asking for a whole new functionality added to the UI. However, the creative authors here are only able to edit the way existing functionality and information is displayed to us.

My suggestion would be to post this on the official EQ2 boards (even though, I know the EQ2 dev's peruse these boards on occasion and will most likely see this).

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 02-06-2007, 09:50 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

This is just impossible via the current EQ2 UI scripting system. One could send that info to the log file via /say if the moon was aligned just right with Pluto but out side of that there just isn't any API's we can use to access the filesys or a printer. You best bet is the old P&P
Unread 02-06-2007, 11:37 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

So theres not even a way to send, for my best guess of an example, like a /note command the entire contents of your journal to a notepad doc? That just seems like an extremely simple task (from the point of view of a nonmodder). I mean, it doesnt -have- to print directly from EQ2, Id be more than happy to just have a notepad document i could minimize and print myself.
Unread 02-06-2007, 11:50 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Nope.

You could always take screenshots of your journal to get a list of all your quests.
/shrug

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 02-06-2007, 01:49 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

You should be able to add some buttons that'd /say everything... you'd have to get it out of your log, but I've done something similar to that with the recipe examine window.

But dumping it directly to a file (not even considering a printer heh) is not possible with what we have access to. We can't even write to text files (theres no /note command, much to our everlasting sorrow).
Unread 02-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

Think of the contents/details of the quest journal like a link to a picture on the web.

There's no way to export the text of a (picture of a letter) to notepad.

That in a sense is how SOE sends the data to the journal window.
If they were to change how that data is sent then it may be possible, but until that happens its a no go.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."