EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 09-14-2005, 01:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default UI DID work.. but now doesn't

I hope someone can help me with this as it is VERY strange.

About a month ago I started coming to the site and downloading piecemeal mods. I followed the installation instructions posted in the FAQ's and everything went beautifully. All mods were working.

Then the big LU13 download, and my UI is back to default. I figured that something in my UI files was at fault, possibly a non compatible .XML file.

I Moved all the contents out of my customer folder and placed a single XML file back in it (Mooks 3 in 1 hotkey bar). Tried the game again and still on default.

I next rewrote my eq2.ini which had been working by reversing the lines and tried again. Still not working. I deleted and recreated eq2.ini (I show all extensions and it is definately not eq2.ini.txt). Tried again and still got the default UI. Next I deleted and re-created my Custom folder and copied the single XML file back in by unzipping again. Still not working. I reversed the eq2.ini code lines back to original and deleted all Servername_character name files and tested. Still no custom UI.

This is driving me nuts as it DID work before the LU13 download.

If anyone has any further ideas of things I can try I would appreciate your input.
Unread 09-14-2005, 01:43 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Update

I saw a post by Dolby stating that all authors should include the skininfo file for diagnostic purposes so I copied the default one to my Custom directory and edited it in notepad to reflect myself as author and made it version 2.0, changed the contact and skin name..

Logged into the game and used /loadui, just to see if my UI would be listed and it is not.

I also saw a post from Deathbane27 suggesting attaching some screen shots to help figure out problems.. So I'm including the screenshots he recommended with this post.

Hopefully that will give a clue as to what the problem is.

Thanks again for any help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	folder.JPG
Views:	204
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	3674  Click image for larger version

Name:	eq2.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	3675  Click image for larger version

Name:	ini.JPG
Views:	219
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	3676  

Last edited by Cynesgan : 09-14-2005 at 01:58 PM.
Unread 09-17-2005, 07:47 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Resolved

Ok.. I found the problem and managed to solve it.

The problem was that for some reason the game had stopped reading and creating .ini files. I found this out when I deleted all my servername_charactername_eq2.ini files. I had deleted them and they were not replaced no matter what I did. If I copied them over from my save files (on another drive) they were not utilized by the game.

I did a complete uninstall via the CD's and then reinstalled and did the full patch. Got into game to get all my files created and then logged out and copied my EQ2.INI file and custom UI folder back to the appropriate locations.

Everything is now working perfectly and I once again have the UI I like to play with.