EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 09-19-2005, 12:51 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost
Default Chat Window Weirdness....

OK, this isn't specifically a UI mod question, but I figured someone here might have a clue what happened.

I did something weird to my chat window last night, but I've no idea what, or how to fix it....

When I first log into the game, my secondary chat window is present and accounted for, but my main chat window is absent. (Not just invisible until moused over; actually *gone*.) As soon as I hit "enter" as if to start a chat line, though, it's back, correctly sized and positioned, tabs and all. But while the main game MotD is showing, the guild MotD and the initial "these friends are online" message are absent. From that point on, though, the window stays where it should be and acts as it should, until I log out and back in again, at which time it's missing again until I specifically "force" it to reappear again.

I've never seen this happen before, and have no idea what caused it. Anyone have any ideas?

(I made no changes, by the way, to either the chat window XML or to the window's settings, at least not deliberately.)

-- Darryl
Unread 09-19-2005, 02:11 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBurgdorf
OK, this isn't specifically a UI mod question, but I figured someone here might have a clue what happened.

I did something weird to my chat window last night, but I've no idea what, or how to fix it....

When I first log into the game, my secondary chat window is present and accounted for, but my main chat window is absent. (Not just invisible until moused over; actually *gone*.) As soon as I hit "enter" as if to start a chat line, though, it's back, correctly sized and positioned, tabs and all. But while the main game MotD is showing, the guild MotD and the initial "these friends are online" message are absent. From that point on, though, the window stays where it should be and acts as it should, until I log out and back in again, at which time it's missing again until I specifically "force" it to reappear again.

I've never seen this happen before, and have no idea what caused it. Anyone have any ideas?

(I made no changes, by the way, to either the chat window XML or to the window's settings, at least not deliberately.)

-- Darryl
This has been happening sence the release of EQ2, you have just been lucky I guess. You have 2 options; deal with it or make a new uisettings.ini file.
Unread 09-19-2005, 04:02 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
This has been happening sence the release of EQ2, you have just been lucky I guess....
I'm aware of long-standing problems with chat window settings not being maintained; I've dealt with that issue myself in the past. But that's not what's happening now. The settings are fine; it's just that the window itself doesn't appear until I "force" it to by starting to type a chat line. That's not a problem I recall having read about, though perhaps I just haven't paid enough attention.

I should probably add that while I was playing last night -- before the problem emerged -- I somehow accidentally "got rid" of the chat window, which then reappeared when I tried to type, just as has been happening on every login since. I don't think that's a coincidence; I think I managed to change a setting without meaning to. Hence, my post here.

-- Darryl

Last edited by DBurgdorf : 09-19-2005 at 04:05 PM.