EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > DDS/Graphics Modification Help & Info

Unread 08-28-2005, 01:24 AM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default noob modder with prolly noobish ? lol

ok well as ive mentioned in another post of mine about the marco icons i am trying to change them to match some of the icons from the tradeskills section of the knoweldge book.

first off if someone has a link for where i can find the dds plugin for photoshop 7.0 that would save me a bit of time....

But on other notes, im using "The Compressonator" for opening dds files then im saving them as a png or bmp cause those are the only other options for saving original so that i can open it with photoshop, then edit, then save, then open back in the compressonator to save it as a dds file and i do the apply alpha layer seems how the original has that.....but yet there seems to be at least 50 different compression settings and i cant get the right one or maybe im not using the right settings or sumtin cause every time i open eq2 it will update that file back to original.

im saving it in the eq2/ui/default/images/icons and ive tried same place in the fetish folder but cant get it to work.

If anyone is familiar with the compressionator or knows what im doin wrong plz let me know lol.

im also attachin the original file and the one im tryin to compress to the right settings

and if your wondering about the dds program im using it can be found at http://www.ati.com/developer/compressonator.html

EDIT: ps i know nothing about coding lol just a expert tinkerer lol
Attached Files
File Type: dds icon_ms1.dds (64.1 KB, 351 views)
File Type: dds icon_ms1-NEW.DDS (192.1 KB, 364 views)

Last edited by shaggineq2 : 08-28-2005 at 01:27 AM.
Unread 08-28-2005, 03:23 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggineq2
first off if someone has a link for where i can find the dds plugin for photoshop 7.0 that would save me a bit of time....
try the only thread that is stickied in this forum