EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > DDS/Graphics Modification Help & Info

Unread 08-08-2005, 01:41 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Toxxulia
Default I need help making a transparent alpha layer

I am trying to edit guildlogo.dds that came with eXtreme UI. Everything is fine, I can see my logo, but its on a white background instead of a transparent background. I was told that I need to make the alpha layer transparent, but for the life of my I can not figure out how to do it. I am using Adobe Photoshop 7.0. So if anyone could please give me a step by step procedure on how to make alpha layer transparent, that would be great! Thank you.
Unread 08-08-2005, 02:18 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaslover
I am trying to edit guildlogo.dds that came with eXtreme UI. Everything is fine, I can see my logo, but its on a white background instead of a transparent background. I was told that I need to make the alpha layer transparent, but for the life of my I can not figure out how to do it. I am using Adobe Photoshop 7.0. So if anyone could please give me a step by step procedure on how to make alpha layer transparent, that would be great! Thank you.
Open up the .dds file. Goto selection there should be somthing there that has select by color. click on that and use the color that is the background. Cut or replace with transparnitcy. Delete the alfph layer, the save the file as a .dds. It should creat an alpha later for you from the transpant part of the image.

But if you can read and write .dds files why edit the default one? Why not just make one from scratch? It would a lot easier IMHO.